1,695 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 hours ago, Dee88 said:

Thank you for responding.

Is there a way to divorce even when spouse’s whereabout is unknown?

You have to check your states laws

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

12 hours ago, LittlebyLittle said:

Hello Friends! Does anyone know how fast USCIS will update the address on file after sending the Change Address form AR-11 which is required to send with VAWA case pending?

It is hard to tell how long they will update. However use all your options to make sure uscis really update your new address in their systems.

2 hours ago, ahmad- said:

Hello everybody,

I was a vawa applicant from April 2017.  My case was actually denied and I received a Notice of Intent to Deny back in Oct 2020.   My new lawyer submitted the 601 waiver. In Nov 2022 they asked for additional evidence. I was also asked to submit good moral character documents, I was also asked to submit last 5 year Income Taxes.  We made a very big package of all the information needed. After we submitted the RFE it took almost 2 and half months for the good news.  Moral of the story : Do not give up, be positive, do research and Good News will come. Keep Praying. Here is my timeline from when I applied Vawa.

green.png

Mubarak ho bhai saab! I am happy for you!

Congratulations!

Please if you do not mind can you tell people know why they denied your VAWA? It is for those who are struggling right now. It would help them and give them hope. 

6 hours ago, ahmad- said:

I was a vawa applicant from April 2017.  My case was actually denied and I received a Notice of Intent to Deny back in Oct 2020.   My new lawyer submitted the 601 waiver. In Nov 2022 they asked for additional evidence. I was also asked to submit good moral character documents, I was also asked to submit last 5 year Income Taxes.  We made a very big package of all the information needed. After we submitted the RFE it took almost 2 and half months for the good news.  Moral of the story : Do not give up, be positive, do research and Good News will come. Keep Praying. Here is my timeline from when I applied Vawa.

Congratulations, what was the reason for the denial? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Merry Christmas to all here who celebrate it.

May peace from heaven envelop every participant in this thread.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Here is our seasonally pertinent Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

===============================

LETTER TO SANTA

Dear Santa,

I flushed my brother's head.  But can I still get a puppy?

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 12/23/2023 at 10:49 AM, balo101 said:

Mubarak ho bhai saab! I am happy for you!

Congratulations!

Please if you do not mind can you tell people know why they denied your VAWA? It is for those who are struggling right now. It would help them and give them hope. 

USCIS thought our marriage was a fraud to begin with. They were wrong and we proved it with a lot of evidence.

On 12/23/2023 at 2:55 PM, Nadyaa said:

Congratulations, what was the reason for the denial? 

USCIS thought our marriage was a fraud to begin with. They were wrong and we proved it with a lot of evidence.

Hi guys , anyone has any ideas when immigration judge will re schedule my removal proceeding ? They received my motion 26 days ago . We got receive letter from court  . Anyone same situation can give me some ideas I am so nerves waiting and checking auto immigration case lookup online and it always same no new hearing and case administratively closed .  I got Vawa approved I just need to terminate my removal and I can go with uscis my I-485 case also pending with uscis  thank you . Can I call judge Clark and ask about date ? Are they good for this kind of question?

18 minutes ago, Hope21 said:

Hi guys , anyone has any ideas when immigration judge will re schedule my removal proceeding ? They received my motion 26 days ago . We got receive letter from court  . Anyone same situation can give me some ideas I am so nerves waiting and checking auto immigration case lookup online and it always same no new hearing and case administratively closed .  I got Vawa approved I just need to terminate my removal and I can go with uscis my I-485 case also pending with uscis  thank you . Can I call judge Clark and ask about date ? Are they good for this kind of question?

Yes absolutely call the Clark and find out. Usually it takes around 30 days. However, it depends where are you and how busy your judge is. Go ahead and call the Clark. Politely ask him/her you called to find out status of your motions. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.