276 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Yes, people get it all the time, especially if I-751 was pending. Did you have I-751 pending prior to N-400 interview?

No, I don't have I-751 pending. 5 yrs rule. Application was recommended for approval at the end of the interview. Interviewer said that the oath notice will be mailed to the address on file (which I believe is a generic statement). I don't know if they are planning for a large ceremony or what and might be waiting for enough people to fill in. I thought this would be the quickest step in the application process but seems like another waiting game. So frustrated!

On 7/19/2024 at 7:44 PM, Pinnacle said:

I'm scheduled to take the Oath on August 28th in Campbell

Not anymore, apparently. I just received a notification that I will be rescheduled at my request (which I never requested). No stress though...I saw a post where someone's oath was canceled a mere 6 days before they were to take it and the same wording was used.

P.S. I'm now scheduled for August 27th, same location

Edited by Pinnacle

On 7/12/2024 at 9:47 PM, Letspaintcookies said:

At least you now have something to go of. Our office is not the most used here on VJ 😅

Our interviews (mine and my husband's) were both scheduled for September 10th! We received confirmation on Monday! Our daughter, attending college in NH, is still waiting for her interview to be scheduled. Her office is Manchester NH.

On 7/8/2024 at 9:52 AM, Letspaintcookies said:

Interview scheduled for August 27, and apparently, my office does same day oaths 🥳🥳🥳

Letspaintcookies, how do you know that Mount Laurel does same day oath? I checked online but couldn't find any information.

My parent had their oath last Thursday at the Plano event center. There must have been around 500 applicants there, plus thousands of family and friends that completely filled the ballroom; we arrived very early and were the first allowed in. My parent’s ticket was #1! Nice ceremony although when I naturalized in Peoria IL 6 years ago that event was at a stadium and much more majestic :D their first words after becoming a citizen “I feel relieved, I am no longer a guest in this country!” 

My cousin naturalized also on Thursday but in another state so it was quite the special day for us.

Best of luck to you all on your applications and I hope you can also say you’re finally no longer a guest here! My other parent is planning to file their N400 early next month 🤞 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 7/25/2024 at 12:09 AM, th1nk38 said:

Letspaintcookies, how do you know that Mount Laurel does same day oath? I checked online but couldn't find any information.

There are a bunch of Google reviews that say so and I found it on pages from local immigration lawyers. Might not be up to date I'll admit.

Hi everyone,

Planning to file N-400 online soon. Originally received GC 8 years ago based on marriage to USC. 

1. Shall I just apply under General 5 year category or 3 year marriage category? what are the pros and cons?

2. If I go by 5 year rule, I can only find last 4 years tax transcript online IRS. How do I get one for the last 5th year? Will any other IRS doc or tax return work for the 5th year? 

3. At the end of online N-400, what docs you submitted in EVIDENCE for 5 year category? 

Thanks in advance. 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Immigrant88 said:

Hi everyone,

Planning to file N-400 online soon. Originally received GC 8 years ago based on marriage to USC. 

1. Shall I just apply under General 5 year category or 3 year marriage category? what are the pros and cons?

2. If I go by 5 year rule, I can only find last 4 years tax transcript online IRS. How do I get one for the last 5th year? Will any other IRS doc or tax return work for the 5th year? 

3. At the end of online N-400, what docs you submitted in EVIDENCE for 5 year category? 

Thanks in advance. 

Definitely 5 year rule since you will only need the basics and none of the marriage evidence.

You can call the irs hotline and order transcripts. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I am giving up to be able to vote this year 😭

even people that applied after me in SF have their interview already/had it already.

so sad. 
not surprising though my 751 is like 30 months old now

I-130

4/10/2019 Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

4/18/2019  NOA1

9/25/2019 NOA 2 for I-130  (166 days) - no 129 or expedite.

11/07/2019 Received  NVC Case Number via Email and submitted the payments (same day)

11/23/2019 Submitted everything

12/19/19 DQ

02/04/20 Interview

02/10/20 Greencard fee paid

02/15/20 POE

10/01/20 Card in production

02/15/20 Move to the US

06/2021 Finally received Greencard

I-751 (Lifting Conditions)

01/2022 I751 sent

02/2022 NOA1 / Using old Biometrics

1 hour ago, AlenaNick said:

I am giving up to be able to vote this year 😭

even people that applied after me in SF have their interview already/had it already.

so sad. 
not surprising though my 751 is like 30 months old now

Don't give up hope. The last day to register to vote in California for the election is 15 days before election day. Also, it helps that SF does same-day oaths 

Timeline

Question for everyone who already had their interview or everyone who happens to know. I'm learning for the civics test and some questions have like 3 different answers ( question 2, what does the constitution do? ), but the question doesn't say 'name one or two'. Do I need to know all answers or still just one of them even tho the answers are different?

2 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Question for everyone who already had their interview or everyone who happens to know. I'm learning for the civics test and some questions have like 3 different answers ( question 2, what does the constitution do? ), but the question doesn't say 'name one or two'. Do I need to know all answers or still just one of them even tho the answers are different?

Just one asnwer you need to know. For example, when asked about federal holidays, you can name Independence Day.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Just one asnwer you need to know. For example, when asked about federal holidays, you can name Independence Day.

For that question they actually say how many they want to hear, but there are some oddballs where it's not specified. Leave it to USCIS to keep it interesting till the last minute 🙄😅

But I'll go with one answer like you said and just hope for the best 🙂

44 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

For that question they actually say how many they want to hear, but there are some oddballs where it's not specified. Leave it to USCIS to keep it interesting till the last minute 🙄😅

But I'll go with one answer like you said and just hope for the best 🙂

I hope there's no question about naming all 50 states? I'm yet to go through this process in the future 😅

Timeline
15 minutes ago, OldUser said:

I hope there's no question about naming all 50 states? I'm yet to go through this process in the future 😅

Luckily not 🤣

It's just odd that for the most part it's very clear and specified and suddenly these oddballs without instructions. I'm left unsupervised 😭😅

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.