Congrats to everyone.

hopefully SF pulls through soon.

submitted april 1st

but iI wouldnt be surprised if I have to wait

going on 29 months waiting for my removal of conditions 🤣🤣

I-130

4/10/2019 Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

4/18/2019  NOA1

9/25/2019 NOA 2 for I-130  (166 days) - no 129 or expedite.

11/07/2019 Received  NVC Case Number via Email and submitted the payments (same day)

11/23/2019 Submitted everything

12/19/19 DQ

02/04/20 Interview

02/10/20 Greencard fee paid

02/15/20 POE

10/01/20 Card in production

02/15/20 Move to the US

06/2021 Finally received Greencard

I-751 (Lifting Conditions)

01/2022 I751 sent

02/2022 NOA1 / Using old Biometrics

I had my interview this morning and am now waiting for the oath ceremony. I'll be a US citizen in a couple of hours. Oh yeah!

I applied on 4/15 so the whole process took 78 days. Field office: Portland Oregon. 

3 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Interview scheduled for August 27, and apparently, my office does same day oaths 🥳🥳🥳

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
41 minutes ago, th1nk38 said:

That's awesome! We applied at the same office on the same date as you and nothing yet. Keep us posted!

Fingers crossed you'll hear something in the next couple days 🤞

On 7/10/2024 at 1:24 PM, Letspaintcookies said:

Fingers crossed you'll hear something in the next couple days 🤞

Thank you! Actually, you applied April 2nd and we applied April 23 so we're three weeks behind you. Hopefully we will hear soon! I can't wait to hear about your interview experience.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
10 hours ago, th1nk38 said:

Thank you! Actually, you applied April 2nd and we applied April 23 so we're three weeks behind you. Hopefully we will hear soon! I can't wait to hear about your interview experience.

At least you now have something to go of. Our office is not the most used here on VJ 😅

On 6/11/2024 at 2:56 PM, Pinnacle said:

I applied online on April 28th under the 3 yr rule and my biometrics were reused. This morning I received notification that action was taken on my case. My interview was scheduled for July 18th, San Jose, CA. 

@Pinnacle Wishing you the very best. Please share a detailed account. I am up next on the 19th 😁

1 hour ago, WozAnon - NM said:

@Pinnacle Wishing you the very best. Please share a detailed account. I am up next on the 19th 😁

Thank you! I can hardly believe the time is almost here. I'll share it late afternoon 🫡

My parent passed their interview today. Had to wait two hours, officer was nice, everything went well. Dallas field office. Oath ceremony in one week: 7/25! 🎉 

For @WozAnon - NM and anyone else following along, I had my interview at the San Jose office and it went well. I checked in 30 minutes before my appointment and the security guards were friendly and talkative. They then wished me good luck. I sat in the waiting room until roughly 10 minutes past my appointment time when the officer called my name at 1:15 pm. I noticed that other officers were checking applicants' IDs at the door when they called their names but my officer didn't choose to see my ID until we were seated in his office. During the walk to his office, he asked how I was, etc. He told me to remain standing and then had me swear under oath that I would tell the truth. Afterward, he did a lot of small talk and we delved into a bit of world history and geography. He's Chinese (I didn't get his name) and he told me about the love he had for air travel when he was a little boy. He had two miniature planes on one of his shelves and I remarked that I have about 4 miniature planes as well, although different carriers than the 2 he had. He spoke about his son who is going into his last year of college and how he wishes his son would cook at home and save money from eating out, lol. Not long afterward, he asked me if I was ready for my history test. I told him that I was a bit nervous but he assured me that I would do well and it would be easy for me since I love history. 

The first question was who wrote the Declaration of Independence? When I answered it correctly, the officer said, "yay!" He did that with most if not all of the answers that I gave. I don't remember all of the questions but I got them correct. One state that borders Mexico? Which war was Eisenhower in? When do we vote for President?

I had to write on the iPad "Lincoln was the president during the Civil War." I don't remember what I had to read 😵‍💫 😂

After signing my name on the iPad for the n400 form, the officer asked me a few of the yes/no questions. The ones he asked were about military groups, whether I ever said or wrote that I was a citizen of the USA, if I would bear arms if required by the government, if I was arrested for treason etc, and if I would abide by the Constitution. 

In the end, he told me that I passed and that I should be receiving a notice for my oath date in the mail in about 2 weeks. Two hours later, I had 2 notices in my account: Recommended for approval...submitted for quality review, and oath ceremony will be scheduled. 

I believe I'll take the oath in August since my green card anniversary date isn't until the end of July. I'm looking forward to it and hope to be able to cast a vote in this upcoming election. 

Best wishes to all of you on your journey! You're next @WozAnon - NM

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.