GeoNassif

Regarding AOS and marriage certificates in Florida

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a question regarding obtaining the marriage certificate in Florida. I have come to find out that it takes up to 60 days to process the marriage certificate in Florida, but that does not really work for my 90-day timeline in the US. They also do not have any expedite options. My question is, what are my options here? Would a Vegas marriage be a better substitute?

Regards.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

@Loren Y is the Vegas marriage expert here. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 3/29/2024 at 7:48 AM, GeoNassif said:

Hello,

I have a question regarding obtaining the marriage certificate in Florida. I have come to find out that it takes up to 60 days to process the marriage certificate in Florida, but that does not really work for my 90-day timeline in the US. They also do not have any expedite options. My question is, what are my options here? Would a Vegas marriage be a better substitute?

Regards.

If you can get out to Vegas, I can get you married with a certificate in hand within an hour usually no problems. Feel free to message me if you are interested. I have picked people up at the airport at 9am, driven to the marriage bureau, got the license, went and did the ceremony, went and recorded the marriage and got the official marriage certificates in hand, and had them back to the airport for a flight out 4 hours later. Message me, and I will give you my contact information.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

If you can get out to Vegas, I can get you married

Are you still generously officiating marriages for free for VJ members? 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 3/29/2024 at 10:48 AM, GeoNassif said:

Hello,

Regards.

Hi!

We got married in Miami in January. There was several options for locations to get married at. We ended up getting married directly at the Marriage License Bureau which was not particularly beautiful - but we did receive the marriage certificate right there and then! I requested some certified copies a little later and those arrived within a couple days in the mail!

Maybe you could check if that same option exists in your city/county 😊

Posted (edited)

On 4/1/2024 at 5:06 PM, Loren Y said:

If you can get out to Vegas, I can get you married with a certificate in hand within an hour usually no problems. Feel free to message me if you are interested. I have picked people up at the airport at 9am, driven to the marriage bureau, got the license, went and did the ceremony, went and recorded the marriage and got the official marriage certificates in hand, and had them back to the airport for a flight out 4 hours later. Message me, and I will give you my contact information.

Thank you for that offer. I will keep it in mind. Vegas will be our last resort if we can't find alternative options.

15 hours ago, Lara SD said:

Hi!

We got married in Miami in January. There was several options for locations to get married at. We ended up getting married directly at the Marriage License Bureau which was not particularly beautiful - but we did receive the marriage certificate right there and then! I requested some certified copies a little later and those arrived within a couple days in the mail!

Maybe you could check if that same option exists in your city/county 😊

I am quite surprised. I cannot find any definitive information about this on Florida-related websites. So this is purely dependent on the speed of the county office and not the Bureau of Vital Statistics? Or who issued your marriage certificate in your case, do you know?

Edited by GeoNassif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 4/3/2024 at 4:35 AM, GeoNassif said:

Thank you for that offer. I will keep it in mind. Vegas will be our last resort if we can't find alternative options.

I am quite surprised. I cannot find any definitive information about this on Florida-related websites. So this is purely dependent on the speed of the county office and not the Bureau of Vital Statistics? Or who issued your marriage certificate in your case, do you know?

I was surprised too! When getting the marriage license I asked them how long we would have to wait for the marriage certificate and that's when they told us we would be able to take it home the same day if we did it there. It is issued by the county, signed by the deputy clerk who did the ceremony with us.

They also explained that the long waiting time mostly happens because of how long it takes couples to hand in the marriage license after their ceremony and mailing times. Once they receive it, they register it in the county records and that is done very quickly.

Sorry, if I'm not using 100% correct terms, I hope you understand what I'm saying 🙂 

Edited by Lara SD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
14 hours ago, Lara SD said:

When getting the marriage license I asked them how long we would have to wait for the marriage certificate and that's when they told us we would be able to take it home the same day if we did it there. It is issued by the county, signed by the deputy clerk who did the ceremony with us.

This is almost exactly what happened (in Texas) when Mrs. T-B. & I married.  We asked the Justice of the Peace if we could take the marriage license to the courthouse ourselves, and he agreed.  We went straight to the courthouse and ordered 7 marriage certificates.  The clerk was surprised at that number, but she prepared them while we waited.  Six of the certificates ended up elsewhere (our respective mothers, banks, AOS, et al.).  We were fortunate to have avoided the delays from delivery, mailing, etc.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Let us know how you choose to proceed, and how things work out.  This thread may be helpful to others.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.