Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

1,587 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Wow congrats! So happy to see lots of motion for a number of folks. I added some details since I don't believe we were tracking your case. See link below.

Can you confirm the following:

Visa Type: CR1/IR1 

Documentarily Qualified Date: ???

Interview Date: May 5th 2023

Date Received DS-5535: ??

Date DS-5535 was sent back: ??

Did they request a resume from you?

Did you file a WOM?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G2Uy4IANSzFvQVRiywS4djPaujgHSRCfzE0qZK0eQCM/edit?gid=0#gid=0

I would like to add my info too if that's okay :)

Visa Type: K1

Documentarily Qualified Date: January 12 2024

Interview Date: May 3rd 2024

Date Received DS-5535: May 3rd 2024

Date DS-5535 was sent back: May 17 2024

Did they request a resume from you? No

Did you file a WOM? No

My last Update was June 10 2024 and it's the 3rd one I know about. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Audra Rose said:

Did you file a WOM? No

Done

1 hour ago, Audra Rose said:

Did you file a WOM? No

I would like to add mine as well.

Visa Type: E1

Documentarily Qualified Date: Oct 2023

Interview Date: May 08 2024

Date Received DS-5535: May 08 2024

Date DS-5535 was sent back: May 09 2024

Did they request a resume from you? Yes

CEAC updates: many are solicited via congressman inquiry.  Most meaningful one was on June 11, MTL replied to my previous response saying that my case is pending review by a CO.  I think this is a good sign of case getting back to MTL from DC.  Passport requested on June 28th. Passport delivered to MTL on July 2nd, vis issued on July 5th.  

Note:  Only my visa and my kids' visa were issued.  My wife's case is still under AP.  The CO did mention that it may be the case at the interview. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Audra Rose said:

Did you file a WOM? No

Congratulations & Thank you for sharing.  My timeline is similar to yours so this gives me some hope.

I'm not sure if it was in this thread or the previous threads where I saw that at least one other "cluster" of clearances happening within a small window of time.  I can only speculate and wonder why that is and, maybe, if there's a pattern to it.

Married since 2016
I-130 Approved September 2023

DQ February 14 2024

Interview May 17 2024 - Refused

Submitted DS-5535 May 20 2024

Timeline

Congratulations to all the recent passport request recipients. I'm glad to see things actually moving again.

Does anyone know if it is possible to complete the second medical before the request? I know it's generally not advised due to the time constraints but I feel we're very close to the request as well (April 2023 interview) so it would be nice to have that done and ready to submit. 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, cala2023 said:

Congratulations to all the recent passport request recipients. I'm glad to see things actually moving again.

Does anyone know if it is possible to complete the second medical before the request? I know it's generally not advised due to the time constraints but I feel we're very close to the request as well (April 2023 interview) so it would be nice to have that done and ready to submit. 

It is better to complete AP. Medical appointments are usually available in few days if you are willing to go to clinic at the first available slot. In the meantime you can complete the next COVID booster if applicable which is due with in a year of your next Medical appointment as per new CDC requirements. 

Edited by Leo The Great

Timeline
3 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

It is better to complete AP. Medical appointments are usually available in few days if you are willing to go to clinic at the first available slot. In the meantime you can complete the next COVID booster if applicable which is due with in a year of your next Medical appointment as per new CDC requirements. 

Is this a new requirement now? I have my two shots but now they need a booster for the medical too? How long is a medical valid for? Thanks!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, tdot2nj said:

Is this a new requirement now? I have my two shots but now they need a booster for the medical too? How long is a medical valid for? Thanks!

yes - We booked a medical appointment today and the reply email from doctor's office says about this new requirement. Medical is valid for 6 months. Your visa expiry would be same as Medical expiry.

Edited by Leo The Great

On 2/5/2024 at 4:04 PM, cala2023 said:

We submitted my husband's initial application to the USCIS in July 2021. Interview was April 2023 and still waiting in AP after receiving DS-5535. So we're over 2.5 years in our journey so far. For added context since people are often interested he's 100% (french) Canadian, completely of European ancestry. We have not filed WOM.

Similar experience here. Simple CR! application commenced Feb 2022.  Interview Jan 2024.  DS-5535 indicating medical results not received from Telus (delayed by snow ice storm).  Since then absolutely nothing from Embassy.  Particularly frustrating as my wife and I are now both considered tax resident in the USA so paying US income taxes

Timeline

Traveled/flight to the U.S. yesterday and just catching up with development here.  Congratulations 🎊🎈🎉 🥳 🥂🍾 to all the recent approvals.  May the trend continue!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.