Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,355 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/28/2024 at 10:08 AM, Halioak said:

My country of birth, TAL major could be the reason. I have been checked 5 times before when applying for student and visitor visas 

Hello,

I was trying to find more information on your case any other people’s with recent progress but I could not find you username on spreadsheet tracker. Am I missing something?

thanks

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, LYV said:

Hi Friends, 

I am happy to report we got the email for request for second medical and passport return to consulate on July 2. Our interview was at the end of May 2022. Our DQ date was in 2019 though, which puts us in a longer overall waiting period than most on the sheet. I have updated my original spreadsheet and whoever is operating the new one can copy and paste.  We did not file a WOM. Our lawyer emailed at the beginning of June for an update and got the typical generic response and I saw one update then. I was not tracking updates everyday. I then thought to check on June 27 and there was an update and then the 28th and 29th. So I thought we must be getting close. Got the email on July 2. Overall there seems to suddenly be a lot of movement after being mostly quiet this year. I am hopeful for you all. :) 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc/edit?gid=0#gid=0

Congrats!

Did consulate ask for Canadian police report or your police report is still valid?

Edited by Leo The Great

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, LYV said:

Hi Friends, 

I am happy to report we got the email for request for second medical and passport return to consulate on July 2. Our interview was at the end of May 2022. Our DQ date was in 2019 though, which puts us in a longer overall waiting period than most on the sheet. I have updated my original spreadsheet and whoever is operating the new one can copy and paste.  We did not file a WOM. Our lawyer emailed at the beginning of June for an update and got the typical generic response and I saw one update then. I was not tracking updates everyday. I then thought to check on June 27 and there was an update and then the 28th and 29th. So I thought we must be getting close. Got the email on July 2. Overall there seems to suddenly be a lot of movement after being mostly quiet this year. I am hopeful for you all. :) 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc/edit?gid=0#gid=0

Congrats! Super happy for you.

I updated the spreadsheet.

Just to confirm - the spreadsheet says your interview was May 2023, but you wrote above that your interview was May 2022. Can you confirm which is correct.

Thanks!

Timeline
2 hours ago, LYV said:

Hi Friends, 

Hip hip hooray!!! 🥂🍾 Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉

Hey all,

My updated timeline I was requested on May 7,2024 to redo medical passport pictures, criminal and update ds-260 and mail it all in with passport. 

Completed medical on May 16th, which had my case update a couple days later ( i assume they received it).  Mailed in my whole package on May 30th. My case last updated on June 14th ( I assume that is when the consulate picked it up). Curious how long is typical as i do not have a passport and its scary based off my DS 5335 how long this can be.

FYI My original interview and DS5335 was May 8 2023 (Yes almost a whole year waiting for that update!)

thanks!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Admitt said:

Hey all,

My updated timeline I was requested on May 7,2024 to redo medical passport pictures, criminal and update ds-260 and mail it all in with passport. 

Completed medical on May 16th, which had my case update a couple days later ( i assume they received it).  Mailed in my whole package on May 30th. My case last updated on June 14th ( I assume that is when the consulate picked it up). Curious how long is typical as i do not have a passport and its scary based off my DS 5335 how long this can be.

FYI My original interview and DS5335 was May 8 2023 (Yes almost a whole year waiting for that update!)

thanks!

Wow congrats! So happy to see lots of motion for a number of folks. I added some details since I don't believe we were tracking your case. See link below.

Can you confirm the following:

Visa Type: CR1/IR1 

Documentarily Qualified Date: ???

Interview Date: May 5th 2023

Date Received DS-5535: ??

Date DS-5535 was sent back: ??

Did they request a resume from you?

Did you file a WOM?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G2Uy4IANSzFvQVRiywS4djPaujgHSRCfzE0qZK0eQCM/edit?gid=0#gid=0

5 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Wow congrats! So happy to see lots of motion for a number of folks. I added some details since I don't believe we were tracking your case. See link below.

Can you confirm the following:

Visa Type: CR1/IR1 

Documentarily Qualified Date: ???

Interview Date: May 5th 2023

Date Received DS-5535: ??

Date DS-5535 was sent back: ??

Did they request a resume from you?

Did you file a WOM?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G2Uy4IANSzFvQVRiywS4djPaujgHSRCfzE0qZK0eQCM/edit?gid=0#gid=0

Thanks, if you check the doc it should be updated there.

20 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Congrats! Super happy for you.

I updated the spreadsheet.

Just to confirm - the spreadsheet says your interview was May 2023, but you wrote above that your interview was May 2022. Can you confirm which is correct.

Thanks!

Oops yes my interview was May 2023!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.