Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,355 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got a CEAC update & email from Montreal consulate OP13 confirming my email from June 3 (just over 2 weeks ago) updating my phone number.

Married since 2016
I-130 Approved September 2023

DQ February 14 2024

Interview May 17 2024 - Refused

Submitted DS-5535 May 20 2024

hello all. joining you on this journey. my fiance was issued DS5535 yesterday for k1 visa. How do we go about inputting our info into the spreadsheet? is there someone I can reach out to? 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/2/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc/htmlview#

1 minute ago, Dreamshark said:

hello all. joining you on this journey. my fiance was issued DS5535 yesterday for k1 visa. How do we go about inputting our info into the spreadsheet? is there someone I can reach out to? 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/2/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc/htmlview#

Reach out to @Superluminal for spreadsheet entry

Timeline
4 hours ago, ak47 said:

I was talking about RCMP clearance. Not sure what you mean by passport. I already got my passport back from Mtl.

Apologies for confusion. I assumed if you got a criminal record check recently that you had been asked to send in your passport to Montreal, as you're right around same timeline as me. So you have your visa in passport now?

Edited by Canucklehead

Timeline

I believe @ak47 got a request for updated medicals, RCMP updated report, etc., to continue visa processing, and requested return of passport which the Consulate had kept.  A valid passport is required to be shown for these.  No visa stamp yet

Timeline
5 minutes ago, CarmenD said:

I believe @ak47 got a request for updated medicals, RCMP updated report, etc., to continue visa processing, and requested return of passport which the Consulate had kept.  A valid passport is required to be shown for these.  No visa stamp yet

I wish your statement must come true as soon as possible but as of now I am still waiting for Mtl to send me a passport request.

9 hours ago, Alex Nzo said:

Please, what is the number of known updates in the Excel sheet?

It is the number of date updates on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV after you submit DS-5535 if you are monitoring it.  Unsolicited updates (3-5 or more within a month) are important when your case is about to clear. It means that state Dept is working on your case. It takes them between few months to more than a year to clear your case.

Edited by Leo The Great

Timeline
13 hours ago, ak47 said:

I wish your statement must come true as soon as possible but as of now I am still waiting for Mtl to send me a passport request.

Gotcha, hopefully we both get it soon! 🤞 

Timeline
16 hours ago, ak47 said:

I’m sorry.  I obviously had your case confused with someone else’s

5 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

It is the number of date updates on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV after you submit DS-5535 if you are monitoring it.  Unsolicited updates (3-5 or more within a month) are important when your case is about to clear. It means that state Dept is working on your case. It takes them between few months to more than a year to clear your case.

Thanks, Leo The Great, this is what I can read.

A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

36 minutes ago, Alex Nzo said:

Thanks, Leo The Great, this is what I can read.

A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

This pretty much template message for AP cases until the visa is issued. Case Last Updated keeps on changing when consulate/State Dept work on your file or you receive email from consulate. 

Edited by Leo The Great

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.