Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

1,587 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, CL23 said:

January 23rd 2023? Or 2024? 

The Sheets tracker shows year 2024

17 hours ago, CL23 said:

January 23rd 2023? Or 2024? 

The Sheets tracker shows year 2024

12 hours ago, Ryan17 said:

Just this past January. 

Finally, after 106 days got an email reply from Montreal consulate regarding case status. Same generic reply that your case was refused under 221(g) and is currently under administrative processing…..

I even asked them about when KFE will merge into NVC and would it be possible that previously refused applications will be processed faster due to this change. But the reply DIDN’T MENTION anything related to it.

Timeline
11 hours ago, SEP-27-DS_5535 said:

Finally, after 106 days got an email reply from Montreal consulate regarding case status. Same generic reply that your case was refused under 221(g) and is currently under administrative processing…..

I even asked them about when KFE will merge into NVC and would it be possible that previously refused applications will be processed faster due to this change. But the reply DIDN’T MENTION anything related to it.

I hope they merge it soon.. I’m sure it would help everyone involved! I thought I read the plan was for 2024

Timeline

Today marks 3 weeks since my interview/receiving DS-5535, and 3 weekly updates on CEAC since then.  I'm grateful that it appears they're looking at it periodically.  Anyone have any pattern to their CEAC updates?

Interview Friday May 17 2024

Update Tuesday May 21 (after sending completed DS-5535)
Update Friday May 24
Update Friday May 31

Update Friday June 7

Married since 2016
I-130 Approved September 2023

DQ February 14 2024

Interview May 17 2024 - Refused

Submitted DS-5535 May 20 2024

1 hour ago, sundim said:

Today marks 3 weeks since my interview/receiving DS-5535, and 3 weekly updates on CEAC since then.  I'm grateful that it appears they're looking at it periodically.  Anyone have any pattern to their CEAC updates?

Interview Friday May 17 2024

Update Tuesday May 21 (after sending completed DS-5535)
Update Friday May 24
Update Friday May 31

Update Friday June 7

It is a common pattern after you submit DS-5535.  We had 5 updates after submission of DS-5535 in two weeks time. You will see no updates once consulate finish working on your DS-5535 form.

Timeline

3 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

It is a common pattern after you submit DS-5535.  We had 5 updates after submission of DS-5535 in two weeks time. You will see no updates once consulate finish working on your DS-5535 form.

Ahh good to know thank you!  I've tried many times to read through all the threads but I often forget which page I'm on so I haven't noticed anyone commenting on a pattern yet.

Married since 2016
I-130 Approved September 2023

DQ February 14 2024

Interview May 17 2024 - Refused

Submitted DS-5535 May 20 2024

Hello everyone, I’m recently DQ and waiting for IL. 
I was born and raise in Montreal and all my ancestors are Canadian from 300 years ago lol. Same for my American husband. 
We don’t work in TAL fields. 
I’m only worried because I traveled to a few countries for tourism purposes. Should I be worried ? I only visited « safe countries » (Iceland, France, Italy, Spain, Vietnam, Guadeloupe, Chile and more). Thanks !

Timeline
1 hour ago, Alloallo003 said:

Hello everyone, I’m recently DQ and waiting for IL. 
I was born and raise in Montreal and all my ancestors are Canadian from 300 years ago lol. Same for my American husband. 
We don’t work in TAL fields. 
I’m only worried because I traveled to a few countries for tourism purposes. Should I be worried ? I only visited « safe countries » (Iceland, France, Italy, Spain, Vietnam, Guadeloupe, Chile and more). Thanks !

I would try not to worry too much about it but also be prepared for the possibility. Unfortunately, our situation sounds very similar to yours. My husband is also born (French) Canadian from way back, does not work in TAL, but had traveled a lot to "safe" countries. Mostly to the US for work but also some tourism to Europe and Mexico and we got out into AP. Extensive travel history seems to also get you flagged occasionally regardless of background. We didn't even know this was a possibility going in and I wish we had been better prepared for this outcome. We've been waiting over a year now since his interview like most people who interviewed in early 2023. Best of luck to you guys, hopefully everything goes smoothly.

40 minutes ago, cala2023 said:

I would try not to worry too much about it but also be prepared for the possibility. Unfortunately, our situation sounds very similar to yours. My husband is also born (French) Canadian from way back, does not work in TAL, but had traveled a lot to "safe" countries. Mostly to the US for work but also some tourism to Europe and Mexico and we got out into AP. Extensive travel history seems to also get you flagged occasionally regardless of background. We didn't even know this was a possibility going in and I wish we had been better prepared for this outcome. We've been waiting over a year now since his interview like most people who interviewed in early 2023. Best of luck to you guys, hopefully everything goes smoothly.

:(  how much countries did he visited ? 
I’m at like 11 but some of them where when I was a kid with my parents lol. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, cala2023 said:

Pretty similar set of circumstances with my Canadian born husband who traveled extensively for work (in addition to leisure travel) all over the world (including to the U.S.) in the span of 14 years

59 minutes ago, CarmenD said:

Pretty similar set of circumstances with my Canadian born husband who traveled extensively for work (in addition to leisure travel) all over the world (including to the U.S.) in the span of 14 years

I wonder if male are subject to more scrutiny than women! 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Alloallo003 said:

Should I be worried ?

Never worry about a possible problem, concern yourself with a solution.  For instance, familiarize yourself with the DS-5535 and start gathering travel details for the last 15 years in case you’re asked for it.  Good luck 🤞🏻 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.