K1Rus2024

Warsaw Embassy, Transfer Possible? (Merged threads)

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Infoman said:

Hmmm...so let's say she wants to go back to Russia to visit family.  This can not be done until she gets a green card?  If so, how long does it take, generally speaking, to get a green card?

Usually 2 to 3 years to get a green card.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, aleksey23 said:

just asked a guy who did this process, says his wife got the green card within 2 months, and yes, you can leave the country for vacations, and not have that ding your 2/3 year residency timeline on becoming a us citizen

My wife got her card in five weeks after arrival. The border agent said it could take up to six months though. But in fact you don't have to wait for the plastic card in order to travel in and out of the U.S. because the i-551 stamp in the passport is proof of permanent residence and can be used temporarily while you wait for the plastic card.

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2024 at 3:30 AM, aleksey23 said:

hello all,

i would like to say that i was in your shoes just recently, but, i have gotten the visa for my wife (russian citizen) did the interview in

warsaw poland, i also tried to move the interview to another country but, no avail.. so, i opened up a schengen visa for my wife for hungary, for two weeks,

they gave us the Schengen visa within two weeks (from st.petersburg visa center) we had the interview within a week or around 8 days after receiving the schengen visa, (just letting you

know how close all the dates were, and mind you my wife is pregnant about 2 months in..) we went to budapest hungary, stayed there for a few nights then went to poland by car. (also can go by bus, no checks on borders, i drove in a rental car, and no borders/no checks, do not worry) came to poland a day before the interview, and went to the interview the next day, my wife had the interview with a translator, apparently we didn't have like 2 docs they wanted... (i fault the uscs for this as they asked for a w2, while i didn't work any w2 in the past 3 years, so, i didn't send them) and they wanted my wives document for name change.. (weird) my wife returned from the interview, and told me they needed more docs.. so i sent them within an hour (1099's and name change).. they told her they would look into the docs and send us an email to return.. (we were short on time, with schengen visa and just by my booking dates/plans for poland, this was tuesday) i didn't wait for the EMAIL, as i know these guys DO NOT CARE FOR MY WIVES URGENT NEED OF A VISA TO THE US, i returned with my wife to the consulate the next morning, the day before (tuesday) when they told my wife they need extra docs, they also gave her a pink paper basically letting the people at the consulate door that she would return, they accepted her back in, and NOT ME, as i wanted to explain some things to these (dorks) the door lady didn't let me in... mind you i am the husband, sponsor, and petitioner.. so much for being a citizen.. and having any rights.. my wife went inside went to a window to complete the interview this lady spoke russian, so, no need for a translator, my wife told her, and gave her the requested docs (as we printed them out as well) and she LOOKED at the yesterday submitted docs (just pointing out that they would have taken all week to send us an email to return back, and by that time my wives schengen might have already been invalid for all they cared..) she took my wives passport and basically within a day or two the passport was ready.. we picked it up at the pickup location they suggest.. (it's a bit of a drive) but, got the visa, everything went according to plan, ask away would love to help

First, let me say thank you for taking the time to share this. I have some questions and would like your advise if you do not mind. 

In summary, we just started the process for K1 visa and we have been approved and sent to Warsaw. We have not applied for the Schengen at all. We were hoping that we could get transferred to Turkey or Kazakhstan so we filled out the ds-260 for Turkey. However, we have not received the welcome packet, or invoice number, or been able to create an account on the CEAC website. My fiancé is a Russian citizen, I am the USC and sponsor with no financial proof of employment for my fiancé We are hoping to learn from other people's experiences and avoid what we can.

1. Should we leave the k-1 visa in Warsaw and try and get a Schengen visa another route, does it seem to be quicker?

2. When you applied for the Schengen visa did you already have your interview set or do you schedule it after you got approved for the visa?

3. Do you remember about how long after you received the NVC notification of transfer to Warsaw, that it took for you to be able to schedule your interview?

4. Do you remember how you received your invoice number?

5. Did your spouse do her medical in Russia before the interview?

Forgive me if my questions are tedious. I just want to make sure I understand everything and know what to expect. Any recommendations or advise is welcomed.

hello all,

i would like to say that i was in your shoes just recently, but, i have gotten the visa for my wife (russian citizen) did the interview in

warsaw poland, i also tried to move the interview to another country but, no avail.. so, i opened up a schengen visa for my wife for hungary, for two weeks,

they gave us the Schengen visa within two weeks (from st.petersburg visa center) we had the interview within a week or around 8 days after receiving the schengen visa, (just letting you

know how close all the dates were, and mind you my wife is pregnant about 2 months in..) we went to budapest hungary, stayed there for a few nights then went to poland by car. (also can go by bus, no checks on borders, i drove in a rental car, and no borders/no checks, do not worry) came to poland a day before the interview, and went to the interview the next day, my wife had the interview with a translator, apparently we didn't have like 2 docs they wanted... (i fault the uscs for this as they asked for a w2, while i didn't work any w2 in the past 3 years, so, i didn't send them) and they wanted my wives document for name change.. (weird) my wife returned from the interview, and told me they needed more docs.. so i sent them within an hour (1099's and name change).. they told her they would look into the docs and send us an email to return.. (we were short on time, with schengen visa and just by my booking dates/plans for poland, this was tuesday) i didn't wait for the EMAIL, as i know these guys DO NOT CARE FOR MY WIVES URGENT NEED OF A VISA TO THE US, i returned with my wife to the consulate the next morning, the day before (tuesday) when they told my wife they need extra docs, they also gave her a pink paper basically letting the people at the consulate door that she would return, they accepted her back in, and NOT ME, as i wanted to explain some things to these (dorks) the door lady didn't let me in... mind you i am the husband, sponsor, and petitioner.. so much for being a citizen.. and having any rights.. my wife went inside went to a window to complete the interview this lady spoke russian, so, no need for a translator, my wife told her, and gave her the requested docs (as we printed them out as well) and she LOOKED at the yesterday submitted docs (just pointing out that they would have taken all week to send us an email to return back, and by that time my wives schengen might have already been invalid for all they cared..) she took my wives passport and basically within a day or two the passport was ready.. we picked it up at the pickup location they suggest.. (it's a bit of a drive) but, got the visa, everything went according to plan, ask away would love to help

First, let me say thank you for taking the time to share this. I have some questions and would like your advise if you do not mind. 

In summary, we just started the process for K1 visa and we have been approved and sent to Warsaw. We have not applied for the Schengen at all. We were hoping that we could get transferred to Turkey or Kazakhstan so we filled out the ds-260 for Turkey. However, we have not received the welcome packet, or invoice number, or been able to create an account on the CEAC website. My fiancé is a Russian citizen, I am the USC and sponsor with no financial proof of employment for my fiancé We are hoping to learn from other people's experiences and avoid what we can.

1. Should we leave the k-1 visa in Warsaw and try and get a Schengen visa another route, does it seem to be quicker?

2. When you applied for the Schengen visa did you already have your interview set or do you schedule it after you got approved for the visa?

3. Do you remember about how long after you received the NVC notification of transfer to Warsaw, that it took for you to be able to schedule your interview?

Forgive me if my questions are tedious. I just want to make sure I understand everything and know what to expect. Any recommendations or advise is welcomed.

hello all,

they gave us the schengen visa within two weeks (from st.petersburg visa center) we had the interview within a week or around 8 days after receiving the schengen visa, (just letting you

On 7/1/2024 at 7:58 PM, VisaQuestions2 said:

Hello, sorry for the late response, but,

1. what i know now, i would just leave it in poland, as the war is still ongoing and no one is accepting russians and i was just wasting time waiting for the other embassies replies.

2. yes, my interview was already scheduled, my interview was scheduled about a month and a half out, and i went to the visa center and tried to get it all done in time, luckily, my wife

got the schengen visa 2 days before our booked flights had to be flown... so it was a close one..

3. They usually already assign you an interview as i remember, if not just schedule one, should'nt be too far out, should actually be easier to plan for the trip, in my opinion

4. email i believe

5. yes, we did medical in moscow,

if you have any more questions just personal message me,

Timeline
On 7/2/2024 at 5:58 AM, VisaQuestions2 said:

We were hoping that we could get transferred to Turkey or Kazakhstan so we filled out the ds-260 for Turkey. 

First, your fiancée needs DS-160 (not DS-260 mentioned in your message) and the Embassy there should be the one, when she is actually going to have her interview. So you would need a new DS-160 for Warsaw. 

1. Kazakhstan or Turkey won't agree to take your case without a residency. The best and the fastest option is to apply for schengen. 

2. With K1 it's better to pick the interview date and then to apply for schengen visa. You can reschedule the interview appointment up to 3 times in Warsaw without additional fee. You can book the appointment ($265) even without an eligibility letter from Warsaw. 

3. Your fiancée (or petitioner sometimes) should receive said eligibility letter in 5-6 weeks (on average) after the notification from NVC

4. There will be no account on CEAC and no invoice number for K1. K1 doesn't acquire uploading anything. You bring all documents to the interview. 

5. If your fiancee's interview will be in Warsaw, the medical can be done in Moscow, Minsk, Warsaw, Krakov and before the interview.

It's faster and cheaper in Warsaw in comparison to Moscow, but in general the process depends on the age of an applicant. So in she is younger than 25, she would need additional 3 days in schengen area before the interview, and that might be inconvenient in case of extremely short-term schengen visa. If older than 25 you can receive the results the same day in Warsaw. 

3 hours ago, Olvaranim said:

First, your fiancée needs DS-160 (not DS-260 mentioned in your message) and the Embassy there should be the one, when she is actually going to have her interview. So you would need a new DS-160 for Warsaw. 

1. Kazakhstan or Turkey won't agree to take your case without a residency. The best and the fastest option is to apply for schengen. 

2. With K1 it's better to pick the interview date and then to apply for schengen visa. You can reschedule the interview appointment up to 3 times in Warsaw without additional fee. You can book the appointment ($265) even without an eligibility letter from Warsaw. 

3. Your fiancée (or petitioner sometimes) should receive said eligibility letter in 5-6 weeks (on average) after the notification from NVC

4. There will be no account on CEAC and no invoice number for K1. K1 doesn't acquire uploading anything. You bring all documents to the interview. 

5. If your fiancee's interview will be in Warsaw, the medical can be done in Moscow, Minsk, Warsaw, Krakov and before the interview.

It's faster and cheaper in Warsaw in comparison to Moscow, but in general the process depends on the age of an applicant. So in she is younger than 25, she would need additional 3 days in schengen area before the interview, and that might be inconvenient in case of extremely short-term schengen visa. If older than 25 you can receive the results the same day in Warsaw. 

Hello! Thank you for the follow up. 

So we filled out the Schengen application and didn’t receive any next steps. So we started calling and emailing consulates and visas centers. We were told from several people that Russians can not get a Schengen visa to Poland.

So the next questions are do you know what country we should use to apply for the Schengen and do you know if there will be any border checks or anything if my fiancé takes a train, bus, or even drive a car? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, VisaQuestions2 said:

We were told from several people that Russians can not get a Schengen visa to Poland.

So the next questions are do you know what country we should use to apply for the Schengen and do you know if there will be any border checks or anything if my fiancé takes a train, bus, or even drive a car? 

Russians are not allowed to Poland via external borders or get a visa, that's true. 

The best options for Schengen visas are Hungary (usually requires prepaid tickets and hotels), Italy (takes really long time to process), Spain, France (tough to book an appointment to apply). Also Greece in summertime. 

It's advised not to ask for more than 10-14 days if it's a first schengen visa ever. 

Did you book an appointment with US Embassy in Warsaw? 

Is your fiancee familiar with schengen visas? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.