213 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2024 at 10:03 AM, Al B said:

It's unfortunate - they're asking green card holders to essentially sacrifice any future chance at citizenship by casting an illegal vote.  

Who is 'they'? I'm a GC holder and nobody is asking for my vote, in fact if I even thought about it there are warnings everywhere saying that I can't vote and it's illegal. Any GC holders that do vote only do it due to their own negligence and ignorance. 

On 8/15/2024 at 11:30 AM, LadyXoxo said:

@mjkhan how were you able to update your citizenship status and how do you know that it was done? My mom is needing to do the same.

Do check that it makes sense for her to get citizenship, often it's the worst thing a LPR can do when petitioning for a family member. It will depend on your age and marital status, but just thought I'd flag it as sometime people aren't aware of the consequences. 

Good luck. 

26 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Do check that it makes sense for her to get citizenship, often it's the worst thing a LPR can do when petitioning for a family member. It will depend on your age and marital status, but just thought I'd flag it as sometime people aren't aware of the consequences. 

Good luck. 

Wow 😮  I did not know that. She is filing for my adult brother (age 30). Single, never been married & no kids.

19 minutes ago, LadyXoxo said:

Wow 😮  I did not know that. She is filing for my adult brother (age 30). Single, never been married & no kids.

OK, so if he's 30 then it's not such an issue. At the moment adult children of LPR's is slightly quicker than adult children of USC's, but it's probably at least a decade before he will be eligible for a visa whichever category he's in, so I'd wait and see what's happening with each  nearer the time. She might want to hold off applying for citizenship just in case - but he needs to not get married! 

Good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

5 hours ago, Canuck777 said:

Just got our approval this morning! So excited after almost 15 months of waiting. PD July 4th 2023 and our service center is California.

Congrats! I also saw another one on Reddit today approved out of California SC with PD July 7th. However, this one (in screenshot attached) really made me angry. While I'm happy for the persons (so nothing personal towards them) it is so upsetting that there's people waiting upwards of 15 months (or more) and then person in screenshot applies in Jan 2024 for the same consular processing and was already approved. Smh

IMG_3677.jpeg

21 minutes ago, LadyXoxo said:

Congrats! I also saw another one on Reddit today approved out of California SC with PD July 7th. However, this one (in screenshot attached) really made me angry. While I'm happy for the persons (so nothing personal towards them) it is so upsetting that there's people waiting upwards of 15 months (or more) and then person in screenshot applies in Jan 2024 for the same consular processing and was already approved. Smh

IMG_3677.jpeg

I wonder how asylum applicants with pending applications from 2016/2017 feel about others filing after 2020 already getting approvals...

USCIS is known to adjudicate newer cases to improve processing times on paper...

41 minutes ago, OldUser said:

I wonder how asylum applicants with pending applications from 2016/2017 feel about others filing after 2020 already getting approvals...

USCIS is known to adjudicate newer cases to improve processing times on paper...

I can't imagine how frustrating that wait time must be. However, I feel their position is superior to mine in that they are already experiencing the benefit they applied for…(safety). Me, on the other hand, I’m having to wait to experience the benefit of reunification so wayyy more frustrating. I believe if my spouse was already here and just adjusting status, the wait would be more tolerable. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Folks, the thread has moved on, but remember that political observations belong in the Current Events forum, rather than in the upper forums.  It's tempting to post political comments, especially given the stress of waiting, but let's leave threads like this one for supportive comments as everyone waits for approval and eventually gets it.  :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

42 minutes ago, Daughter of Zion said:

Guys we just got approved, God has come through😭🥳🥳🥳. I did file the K3 and was hoping it’ll atleast make a difference, my partner and I have been apart for 6+ years and grateful this part is finally behind us😭

Congratulations, that is awesome news! When did you file the K3 application?

18 hours ago, Daughter of Zion said:

Guys we just got approved, God has come through😭🥳🥳🥳. I did file the K3 and was hoping it’ll atleast make a difference, my partner and I have been apart for 6+ years and grateful this part is finally behind us😭

Congrats ! What was your PD?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.