216 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

How long did it take for your case to go from "Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent" to "Biometrics appointment scheduled"?

Edited by Izzymael

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hello joining this group i filed my I485 an packet on March 8th via Fed Ex an got a signature that it was recieved on Mar 11th.. so far as of today April 8 the checks still havent been cashed an iv not heard anything from USCIS were coming up on out 90 days on April 14th so im hetting a freaked out here any ideas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 hours ago, Roy an Panitta said:

hello joining this group i filed my I485 an packet on March 8th via Fed Ex an got a signature that it was recieved on Mar 11th.. so far as of today April 8 the checks still havent been cashed an iv not heard anything from USCIS were coming up on out 90 days on April 14th so im hetting a freaked out here any ideas

it's okay if your aos isn't 'filed' within the 90days. Many file years later. Only thing that matters is your marriage certificate is dated within the 90days.
Some PO bxes are taking a month to process applications and cheques.

On 4/8/2024 at 10:07 AM, Izzymael said:

How long did it take for your case to go from "Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent" to "Biometrics appointment scheduled"?

1 day for me but a friend who filed same time with same NOA1 is still waiting (15days later)

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC NOA2: 2024-07-30 || GC Received: 2024-08-08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Received all our NOA1 (I-797C) via text today 04-09-2024. So we waited 10 days from the date they received out package at the phoenix lockbox. Now just waiting for the hard copy in the mail.

We received 9 total receipt numbers (3 petitioners, and 3 forms each) at this point I’m not sure which number belongs to which person they all came to my wife phone with no names to identify each one, but we will see when they mail the hard copies. But i put them all into the case tracker so i know which one belongs to which form.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 4/3/2024 at 3:45 AM, AndiB said:

EAD approval notice showed up tonight under my documents tab on MyUSCIS
Status still says received, to my knowledge won't change to approved until card is produced

That was so quick. What did you do different that make it so quick. I can see people are waiting for months.

Hi all,

My PD is 03/22, checks cashed and NOA1 received by text and mail in early April. No biometrics yet, my progress tab on myUSCIS just says Step 2 of 3 (current step): Attend biometrics appointment (if necessary) and no date.

It's all about waiting 🥲

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Received EAD Approval notice I-797 in the mail yesterday which says I'll receive the card in 1 or 2 weeks.

18 March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP - Case filed

18 March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP - Case received

21 March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP - NOA1 via text

22 March 2024 - AOS - Biometrics appointment scheduled

1 April 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP - NOA1 via mail

2 April 2024 - AOS/EAD Biometrics done

11 April 2024 - EAD Approval notice received (I-797)

20 April 2024 - EAD status change - Card Was Produced

25 April 2024 - EAD card received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
On 4/8/2024 at 11:07 AM, Izzymael said:

about 6 days

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

May 2024 - EAD - AP Combo Card Approved

August 2024 - GC Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, xm_1000x said:

Received EAD Approval notice I-797 in the mail yesterday which says I'll receive the card in 1 or 2 weeks.

That's 9 days from your biometrics! That's super fast.

Its been 14 days since mine and no news yet 🙄

Edited by Etherial

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

May 2024 - EAD - AP Combo Card Approved

August 2024 - GC Approved

Timeline
On 4/8/2024 at 11:07 AM, Izzymael said:

took exactly 2 weeks for me. Mine was received on March 29th, and it changed to biometrics appointment scheduled yesterday April 12. Now I just have to figure out when the biometrics appointment is because I don’t have an online access code yet.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, TUC said:

took exactly 2 weeks for me. Mine was received on March 29th, and it changed to biometrics appointment scheduled yesterday April 12. Now I just have to figure out when the biometrics appointment is because I don’t have an online access code yet.

You should talk to Emma on Monday, the USCIS virtual assistant, and type "live agent". She will connect you with someone who'll ask you questions about your case, then you can ask her for your access code. I did that yesterday and was able to reschedule my biometrics appointment to an earlier date.

32 minutes ago, Izzymael said:

You should talk to Emma on Monday, the USCIS virtual assistant, and type "live agent". She will connect you with someone who'll ask you questions about your case, then you can ask her for your access code. I did that yesterday and was able to reschedule my biometrics appointment to an earlier date.

Did you receive letter in the mail confirming new biometric appointment? If not, it's not much different to just walking in to ASC and asking to get biometrics done earlier. People on VJ do it all the time. Also, be very careful about any replies from online agents, they often give incorrect information. 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Izzymael said:

perfect, thanks! Does it need to be my wife to make the call since it’s her case, or can I call on her behalf and get the access code? 

5 minutes ago, TUC said:

perfect, thanks! Does it need to be my wife to make the call since it’s her case, or can I call on her behalf and get the access code? 

Wife should be more active about her immigration and manage cases herself. You can offer help / oversee the process. 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, TUC said:

No, no, you don't even have to call anybody. This is the website: https://www.uscis.gov/tools/meet-emma-our-virtual-assistant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.