MARCH 2024 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, PokuPoku said:

Ours was still not shipped :(
Another 2 weeks we have to wait now..
Its already been 10 weeks since we got NOA2

This NVC stage is so stressful :( it's "only" been 6 weeks for us but other couples with the same timeline and Embassy have already been shipped and were able to schedule their interview so now I'm wondering what is wrong with our case. It doesn't help that the NVC doesn't take phone calls and provides no information whatsoever besides the case number they assign. And the longer this stage (arbitrarily) takes, the longer we have to wait to get an interview... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
18 hours ago, Buttercup94 said:

This NVC stage is so stressful :( it's "only" been 6 weeks for us but other couples with the same timeline and Embassy have already been shipped and were able to schedule their interview so now I'm wondering what is wrong with our case. It doesn't help that the NVC doesn't take phone calls and provides no information whatsoever besides the case number they assign. And the longer this stage (arbitrarily) takes, the longer we have to wait to get an interview... 

100%.  Gotta lean on each other here, it's going to be a rough stage. 

When the embassy says, "Check with the NVC", they must know that means a dead end for everyone inquiring.  All we can do is sit in the dark.

Our K-1 Journey

7 Aug 2023: I-129F petition mailed.

9 Aug 2023: NOA1, arrives approx. a week after mailing with this issuance date.

1 Mar 2024: NOA2 (v 1.0) issued.  Time between NOAs, 205 days (6 months 23 days).  NOA2 exp date 30 Jun 2024.

8 Mar 2024: NVC received case.

1 Apr 2024: after one inquiry, NVC provided case #.

8 May 2024: NOA2 (v 2.0) issued.  Same USCIS #, same case #, new exp date of 7 Sep 2024.

May-June 2024: many inquiries sent to NVC as well as the embassy, as we see other K1s with later NOA2s are sent to Johannesburg before us.  Involved senators to investigate, refused to assist without expedite request.  Emailed the White House, end of June 2024.

2 Jul 2024: case leaves the NVC for Johannesburg.  Total wait time at NVC, 123 days (4 months 1 day).

5 Jul 2024: consulate in Johannesburg receives case.

8 Jul 2024: Packets 3 & 4 received, medical and visa appointments scheduled.

23 Jul 2024: medical appointment with Dr. Brauer (Cape Town).

8 Aug 2024: visa interview with CO in Johannesburg, 16 days after medical.  Visa not issued because medical packet wasn't filed yet.  Passport and birth certificate kept by CO.  Total time from NOA1 to interview/approval, 365 days (exactly 1 year).

13 Aug 2024: email to consulate due to CEAC still displaying "Application Received" status, instead of the predicted "Refused" or "Administrative Processing".

14 Aug 2024: consulate reply, they are currently processing visa.  CEAC status changes to "Approved" (no refused or AP statuses prior).

15 Aug 2024: CEAC case status changed to "Issued"

20 Aug 2024: K1 visa in hand!

Timeline
22 hours ago, hplusj said:

When the embassy says, "Check with the NVC", they must know that means a dead end for everyone inquiring.  All we can do is sit in the dark.

Have you tried contacting your US senator/congressperson? My fiancé contacted his and they were able to reach the NVC by phone and confirmed that there was no problem with our case. They still can't provide a timeline for shipping but it's reassuring to know that our case hasn't been lost or other bad news. They also said cases weren't necessarily shipped rigorously in the chronological order they had arrived at NVC. Nothing very conclusive but it makes a nice change from the automatic/unreliable replies to online public inquiries!

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Buttercup94 said:

Have you tried contacting your US senator/congressperson? My fiancé contacted his and they were able to reach the NVC by phone and confirmed that there was no problem with our case. They still can't provide a timeline for shipping but it's reassuring to know that our case hasn't been lost or other bad news. They also said cases weren't necessarily shipped rigorously in the chronological order they had arrived at NVC. Nothing very conclusive but it makes a nice change from the automatic/unreliable replies to online public inquiries!

Already on it!  Submitted a request to my senator, just gotta drop off the waiver at the federal building.  Hopefully she can get some answers for us.

Our K-1 Journey

1 Mar 2024: NOA2 (v 1.0) issued.  Time between NOAs, 205 days (6 months 23 days).  NOA2 exp date 30 Jun 2024.

8 May 2024: NOA2 (v 2.0) issued.  Same USCIS #, same case #, new exp date of 7 Sep 2024.

May-June 2024: many inquiries sent to NVC as well as the embassy, as we see other K1s with later NOA2s are sent to Johannesburg before us.  Involved senators to investigate, refused to assist without expedite request.  Emailed the White House, end of June 2024.

2 Jul 2024: case leaves the NVC for Johannesburg.  Total wait time at NVC, 123 days (4 months 1 day).

8 Aug 2024: visa interview with CO in Johannesburg, 16 days after medical.  Visa not issued because medical packet wasn't filed yet.  Passport and birth certificate kept by CO.  Total time from NOA1 to interview/approval, 365 days (exactly 1 year).

13 Aug 2024: email to consulate due to CEAC still displaying "Application Received" status, instead of the predicted "Refused" or "Administrative Processing".

14 Aug 2024: consulate reply, they are currently processing visa.  CEAC status changes to "Approved" (no refused or AP statuses prior).

Timeline

Meanwhile, I got a new NOA2 from USCIS with new validity dates so that's confusing as hell lol

Going to review best practices for emailing NVC, make sure we're still on track with the same case

Our K-1 Journey

Timeline
43 minutes ago, J_and_I said:

54 days since the case was received at the embassy and still no Packet 3.

What's frustrating everyone else today? 😂

Hey, was thinking of you guys today!

We got no movement either.  Really hoping for something positive tomorrow.

Our K-1 Journey

Timeline
1 hour ago, J_and_I said:

What's frustrating everyone else today? 😂

Oh just throwing myself what is now my routine bi-weekly pity party during the 48-hour window when the NVC graciously ships a handful of cases that never include mine 🤪 While psychologically preparing to spend Christmas without my fiancé as there will be a minimum 6-month wait for the interview once my Embassy receives my case :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Buttercup94 said:

Oh just throwing myself what is now my routine bi-weekly pity party during the 48-hour window when the NVC graciously ships a handful of cases that never include mine 🤪 While psychologically preparing to spend Christmas without my fiancé as there will be a minimum 6-month wait for the interview once my Embassy receives my case :( 

Yeah...eesh. Maybe part of that wait includes the delay in shipping! Mine is showing something like either 33 days or 274, depending on which classification the K visa is considered. So...either June or February I guess.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

The embassy today emailed us to say we had to reply to the email with a long list of things, such as the ds-160 and I-134, before we can schedule the interview. It all has to be put into 1 pdf file too, which is kinda annoying. I would have scanned the documents before I sent them to my fiancee if I knew I have to email the documents too.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Buttercup94 said:

Mine was sent today to the embassy (Paris)

NOA2 1 month later than yours I think

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline
14 hours ago, PokuPoku said:

The embassy today emailed us to say we had to reply to the email with a long list of things, such as the ds-160 and I-134, before we can schedule the interview. It all has to be put into 1 pdf file too, which is kinda annoying. I would have scanned the documents before I sent them to my fiancee if I knew I have to email the documents too.

Oh, how frustrating, but at the same time you are moving forward! Progress!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.