earthbi

I 130 online with concurrent I 1485

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

I am married to a US citizen and I am considering to apply online for the I 130 and sending the I 1485 by mail. I understand that I should then attach the I-130 receipt notice to the I-1485 packet. Does anybody have experience how long it takes to get the receipt notice for the I 130 when filing online?

I was hoping to be able to send the I 1485 before April 1st, but must consider sending them both together by mail if the receipt notice might take many weeks and not get to me in time. Any advice much appreciated.

* 3/22/24 -  Filed I-130 online 

* 3/23/24 -  Sent I-485 (concurrent filling) with I-131 & I-765 with UPS

* 4/4/24   -  Received receipt notices

* 4/12/24  -  Received notice of scheduled biometrics appointment

* 4/16/24  -  Request for evidence form I-485 (I-864 income/assets requirements)

* 5/3/24    -  Biometrics appointment

* 5/5/24    -  I-765 Work Authorization Approved, EAD card to be produced

* 5/6/24   -  Responded to RFE via web portal

* 5/15/24  -  Received social security card

*5/21/24   -  Notification that EAD card has been produced

*5/24/24  -  EAD card arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, earthbi said:

Does anybody have experience how long it takes to get the receipt notice for the I 130 when filing online?

Immediately....posted to your USCIS account.  A copy of the online receipt notice can be sent with the I485 package.....or you can just mail the I-130 package, I-485 package, I-131 package, and I-765 package together.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Immediately....posted to your USCIS account.  A copy of the online receipt notice can be sent with the I485 package. 

Gosh! Thank you! I was looking everywhere for this answer. I just saw everywhere that it takes them 2-3 weeks to give you a receipt notice, but nothing considering if it was filed online.

* 4/16/24  -  Request for evidence form I-485 (I-864 income/assets requirements)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, earthbi said:

Gosh! Thank you! I was looking everywhere for this answer. I just saw everywhere that it takes them 2-3 weeks to give you a receipt notice, but nothing considering if it was filed online.

See this member's comment:

@Dispie said "The I-130 Receipt Notice was available for download the same day, and they also mailed it. We attached the receipt notice to our mailed I-485. There is also a place in the form to add the receipt number. No questions so far."

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

See this member's comment:

@Dispie said "The I-130 Receipt Notice was available for download the same day, and they also mailed it. We attached the receipt notice to our mailed I-485. There is also a place in the form to add the receipt number. No questions so far."

Very helpful. Thank you Crazy Cat

To your question from another thread:

This means all case numbers will be following a sequence, e.g. (not actual case numbers, to give idea):

I-130 - XXXXXXX100

I-485 - XXXXXXX101

I-765 - XXXXXXX102

I-131 - XXXXXXX103

This would make tracking easier. Also, if you follow USCIS cases in online trackers, you'll notice USCIS sometimes approves / works actively on some blocks of cases and leaves out the other ones.

I'd prefer for all of them to be reviewed together VS I-130 getting approved first and then crickets or I-485 being stuck because I-130 is not looked at. USCIS used to receive everything for AOS on paper. The times are changing, but you still may get more efficient processing by bundling it together. This is only an opinion. People file both ways.

Timeline
17 hours ago, OldUser said:

To your question from another thread:

This means all case numbers will be following a sequence, e.g. (not actual case numbers, to give idea):

I-130 - XXXXXXX100

I-485 - XXXXXXX101

I-765 - XXXXXXX102

I-131 - XXXXXXX103

This would make tracking easier. Also, if you follow USCIS cases in online trackers, you'll notice USCIS sometimes approves / works actively on some blocks of cases and leaves out the other ones.

I'd prefer for all of them to be reviewed together VS I-130 getting approved first and then crickets or I-485 being stuck because I-130 is not looked at. USCIS used to receive everything for AOS on paper. The times are changing, but you still may get more efficient processing by bundling it together. This is only an opinion. People file both ways.

Thank you for your advice OldUser

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi @earthbi! We're also going through the same thing and just submitted the I-130 online. All we got after submitting was an email with the payment details and a case number.

Is this the one you attached to the I-485 that you mailed? Or is it I-797 (at least that's what I've been seeing online)?

14 minutes ago, CatLady0901 said:

Hi @earthbi! We're also going through the same thing and just submitted the I-130 online. All we got after submitting was an email with the payment details and a case number.

Is this the one you attached to the I-485 that you mailed? Or is it I-797 (at least that's what I've been seeing online)?

Check under the documents tab in your online account.  There should be a pdf copy of the receipt notice there.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, top_secret said:

Check under the documents tab in your online account.  There should be a pdf copy of the receipt notice there.

Sadly, there's nothing under USCIS Notices so far. But the status says "Case Was Received And A Receipt Notice Was Sent." I guess, we really have to wait for the notice to appear on the Documents tab. 

15 minutes ago, CatLady0901 said:

Sadly, there's nothing under USCIS Notices so far. But the status says "Case Was Received And A Receipt Notice Was Sent." I guess, we really have to wait for the notice to appear on the Documents tab. 

It might take a day or so for them to issue the pdf receipt notice but it should be there under the documents tab very soon.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, top_secret said:

It might take a day or so for them to issue the pdf receipt notice but it should be there under the documents tab very soon.

Gotcha. Thank you!

Timeline
17 hours ago, CatLady0901 said:

Gotcha. Thank you!

Yes, I think it took a day or two to appear in the documents tab for me. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, top_secret said:

Got it! It's about 24 hours for us now. Hope it gets released soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.