Tegs&Lols

N-400 March 2024 Filers

554 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/1/2024 at 6:18 PM, OldUser said:

I support that lawyer's statement. Sometimes, US passport is not enough to prove citizenship. Your stepdaughter may be asked many years later (potentially when her parents are no longer around) to prove she's a US citizen.

- People get routinely asked for it by DOS when renewing US passports (after decades of no problems)

- When applying to certain jobs requiring US citizenship and or special clearance

- When trying to get benefits from SSA office

- When sponsoring a foreigner for immigration benefit

At that point, your stepdaughter would have to dig for paperwork from 20-30-40-50 years ago related to you and her circumstances coming to the US. She may need to contact archives of different agencies, or even hire a lawyer.

All of this is eliminated by having certificate of citizenship.

It's the most authoritative document proving she's a US citizen. 

I'd pay the money to get it. The more time passes, the harder it becomes to prove she's a citizen, if she doesn't have the certificate. 

I am planning to apply for my 17 year old son.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ichaa said:
On 6/30/2024 at 8:13 AM, Duggu said:

I remember you mentioned once you had travel planned for India. Just to inform you, I received india evisa also , it took around 12 hours for me.  Renunciation and OCI will take a couple of months so it’s better to have something in hand for travel. I went with 5 year e-Visa. What are you travel dates ? 

Sorry. I just noticed your question. We are traveling on July 23 rd. Received my husband’s oath ceremony letter for the oath on July 23 rd today. We are going to reschedule it for any date after August 12 th(we will be back from India on August 11 th). But unfortunately they administratively closed my case so no progress until I send a written communication to the field office to resume my case. Will do that also after August 12 th. I hope everything will go smoothly.Fingers crossed 🤞 Thanks for checking. 

Also he got oath ceremony in Cambell, CA. It’s weird.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
24 minutes ago, SIRE said:

Has anyone applied under 3 year rule and gotten interview? 

I applied on 03/18 under 3 year rule and have my interview scheduled for 08/06.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 7/14/2024 at 2:26 PM, robintz said:

I applied on 03/18 under 3 year rule and have my interview scheduled for 08/06.

Thanks, I applied under 3 year rule as well on 03/29, USCIS status says actively being reviews, but estimated time changed to 'Your case is taking longer than expected to process' I applied in Houston. 

Which location did you apply at if you don't mind sharing? 

4 hours ago, SIRE said:

Thanks, I applied under 3 year rule as well on 03/29, USCIS status says actively being reviews, but estimated time changed to 'Your case is taking longer than expected to process' I applied in Houston. 

Which location did you apply at if you don't mind sharing? 

I applied under 3 year rule in Houston on Jan 2, and was interviewed on June 27 (interview scheduled on May 20). Despite what the estimated time says, I think you are well within the normal processing time for Houston right now!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Happy to say I just became a US citizen today! I'm sharing my timelines incase others may find it helpful.

March 23 - Submitted N400 application

May 31 - Interview scheduled

July 16 - Interview and oath ceremony

Office - Newark, New Jersey

Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back!!!

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Mzamour said:

Hi Everyone,

Happy to say I just became a US citizen today! I'm sharing my timelines incase others may find it helpful.

March 23 - Submitted N400 application

May 31 - Interview scheduled

July 16 - Interview and oath ceremony

Office - Newark, New Jersey

Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back!!!

Congrats :) !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi yall,

I had my interview today at the Newark NJ office. I arrived 15 min before my scheduled time (11:15 am). I was called in around 11:40 am. My letter didn’t say that it would be a combo interview (ROC +N-400) but the interviewer approved my ROC before starting the civic test (my husband didn’t come with me to the interview but it didn’t cause an issue). She asked:

1.      When was the Constitution written?

2.      Who vetoes bills?

3.      Name the U.S. war between the North and the South.

4.      What major event happened on September 11, 2001, in the United States?

5.      When do we celebrate Independence Day?

6.      What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment?

I got all the answers correctly and she moved forward to the reading/writing test. On a tablet, the sentence “Who can vote” showed up and she asked me to read it out loud. Then she asked me to write down the answer: “Citizens can vote.

Then she asked for a couple of personal information like, my address, phone number, my employer’s name and country of birth.  After signing a few things on the tablet, she told me that I was approved for naturalization and an oath ceremony would be scheduled (I requested a name change).

When I was exiting the building at 12:10 pm, I received an email saying that my ROC and N-400 were approved. I’m now waiting for the oath ceremony to be scheduled which she told me it’d take between 1-2 months due to the name change request.

Good luck yall!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.