Tegs&Lols

N-400 March 2024 Filers

567 posts in this topic

Timeline
14 hours ago, OldUser said:

All cards issued by USCIS. This could be Advance Parole, Employment Authorization Document, Re-entry permit, Refugee Travel Document, Green Card etc. The reason why is because it's not your property. It's a property of US government.

The chances are small that immigration officer will ask for all of it, but he / she has the right.

Thank you for letting me know. I wouldn't have brought it. I'll make sure to put it in my folder.

On 8/25/2024 at 9:33 AM, OldUser said:

The list of documents depends on whether you're applying on 3 or 5 year rule.

But you should also bring all of your foreign expired and unexpired passports. All ID cards ever issued by USCIS (EADs, Green Cards, Advance paroles etc).

I strongly advice bringing tax return transcripts for the last 3 or 5 years (based on rule you're applying).

If you had any criminal charges, bring paperwork around it.

The interview letter also provides a list of documents and evidence to bring.

I am applying under the 3 yrs rule. I don’t have any criminal charges (thank God) but.. I gave birth on 2022 and I think misplaced my expired EAD, 2 YR GC and Advance Parole Cards 😭😭 I only have my working GC here. Will that be a problem or not? 

13 minutes ago, Teddy123 said:

I am applying under the 3 yrs rule. I don’t have any criminal charges (thank God) but.. I gave birth on 2022 and I think misplaced my expired EAD, 2 YR GC and Advance Parole Cards 😭😭 I only have my working GC here. Will that be a problem or not? 

99% no it wouldn't be a problem

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wife had the oath ceremony today and we went straight to the clerk's office down the street and applied for the passports for my wife and step daughter. We have reached the end. All our boxes are checked in our timeline. Thank you to Visa Journey and all the help I got here over the last few years from the experienced users. Thanks!!!

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

March 11 filed. Still shows actively reviewing. Biometric reuse the same day on 3/11. It's been 173 days with no activity. Milwaukee Field Office.

I am hoping the end is near.

Timeline

Hi everyone, I had my N-400 interview today and attended the oath ceremony right after (My field office happens to do Oath Ceremonies on Tuesdays, lucky me). The interview was super easy. The questions she asked:

1. What is the capital of the United States

2. How old do citizens have to be to vote for President?

3. When is the last day you can send in federal income tax forms?

4. What did Martin Luther King, Jr. do?

5. Name one state that borders Mexico.

6. Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived? 

We reviewed the standard N-400 form questions, and after looking at our lease agreement and employment offer letter, she approved my case on the spot. :) .

I'm so happy this journey has finally come to an end! I'm officially a US Citizen! Oh, and make sure you bring all cards issued to you - Old green cards, employment authorization cards, and I-551 Stamps if you lost your green card previously. They will ask for it before you start your oath ceremony. Good luck everyone!

Edited by SuninLA

17 minutes ago, SuninLA said:

Hi everyone, I had my N-400 interview today and attended the oath ceremony right after (My field office happens to do Oath Ceremonies on Tuesdays, lucky me). The interview was super easy. The questions she asked:

1. What is the capital of the United States

2. How old do citizens have to be to vote for President?

3. When is the last day you can send in federal income tax forms?

4. What did Martin Luther King, Jr. do?

5. Name one state that borders Mexico.

6. Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived? 

We reviewed the standard N-400 form questions, and after looking at our lease agreement and employment offer letter, she approved my case on the spot. :) .

I'm so happy this journey has finally come to an end! I'm officially a US Citizen! Oh, and make sure you bring all cards issued to you - Old green cards, employment authorization cards, and I-551 Stamps if you lost your green card previously. They will ask for it before you start your oath ceremony. Good luck everyone!

Good advice on bringing all the cards. I believe everybody is supposed to bring them all, even the ones who never lost their GC. Did USCIS in fact take all of it from you?

Congratulations to you!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Good advice on bringing all the cards. I believe everybody is supposed to bring them all, even the ones who never lost their GC. Did USCIS in fact take all of it from you?

Congratulations to you!

They took everything, yes. Thank you :)

Husband had his interview today in Houston. Did biometrics when we got there. He passed but decision could not be made. Said they would send a RFE. He has 2 misdemeanor charges from 2001 and 2011. Became a resident in 2014 through the immigration court. He hasn’t left the country since. Lawyer says more than likely they will ask for police clearance letters because from another state he was in. Does anyone know how long it usually takes them to send the RFE notice? He said at the end of the interview the officer was talking to him about getting the oath ceremony letter and his naturalization certificate, so we are crossing our fingers that it will get approved possibly. No update yet online. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2024 at 9:04 PM, nere0331 said:

Husband had his interview today in Houston. Did biometrics when we got there. He passed but decision could not be made. Said they would send a RFE. He has 2 misdemeanor charges from 2001 and 2011. Became a resident in 2014 through the immigration court. He hasn’t left the country since. Lawyer says more than likely they will ask for police clearance letters because from another state he was in. Does anyone know how long it usually takes them to send the RFE notice? He said at the end of the interview the officer was talking to him about getting the oath ceremony letter and his naturalization certificate, so we are crossing our fingers that it will get approved possibly. No update yet online. 

It’s been a week and still just says interview scheduled. No update yet. Houston office. Any insight on how long it usually takes to update? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, nere0331 said:

It’s been a week and still just says interview scheduled. No update yet. Houston office. Any insight on how long it usually takes to update? 

Impossible to say. You should ask your attorney. If they have to wait for police clearance letters, I would assume that takes a couple of weeks, but I'm not familiar with the system. Best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.