Tegs&Lols

N-400 March 2024 Filers

555 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, WozAnon - NM said:

Congratulations! Can you share your experience other than the civics questions. I am also interviewing at San Jose next month. Thanks!

Great news. Congratulations 🎊 

Timeline
2 hours ago, WozAnon - NM said:

Congratulations! Can you share your experience other than the civics questions. I am also interviewing at San Jose next month. Thanks!

My interview was scheduled for 12PM. I reached around 11.45 am. Waited for 40 mins and got called in around 12.25. Total interview lasted around 25 mins, starting with civics question followed by reading/writing. Then IO went over my application details / yes / no questions. I had a name change done through my local court, after i had filed n400 application, for which i provided him the court order of name change. He updated my name everywhere  (computer/physical file in front of us)which took most of the time otherwise it would have been done in 10 mins only. 

In the end he congratulated me and told me that oath ceremony will be scheduled for Friday ( unless i want to delay it for any reason) . 

He asked me to wait in the waiting area to get the physical oath letter in hand itself. It took another 15 mins after the interview.  Oath scheduled for friday morning. Online account got updated oath letter immediately. 

Let me know if you have any other specific questions. good luck:) 

image.thumb.png.67e28c08d784c100fb6eeb6f6ff8a580.png

1 hour ago, Teddy123 said:

My case is still where it’s at since application, March 28’th. “Case is still Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS”. Is there anybody here who’s still waiting for interview? 😭

I am still waiting, March 13th. What is your field office?

9 hours ago, Duggu said:

My interview was scheduled for 12PM. I reached around 11.45 am. Waited for 40 mins and got called in around 12.25. Total interview lasted around 25 mins, starting with civics question followed by reading/writing. Then IO went over my application details / yes / no questions. I had a name change done through my local court, after i had filed n400 application, for which i provided him the court order of name change. He updated my name everywhere  (computer/physical file in front of us)which took most of the time otherwise it would have been done in 10 mins only. 

In the end he congratulated me and told me that oath ceremony will be scheduled for Friday ( unless i want to delay it for any reason) . 

He asked me to wait in the waiting area to get the physical oath letter in hand itself. It took another 15 mins after the interview.  Oath scheduled for friday morning. Online account got updated oath letter immediately. 

Let me know if you have any other specific questions. good luck:) 

image.thumb.png.67e28c08d784c100fb6eeb6f6ff8a580.png

That's perfect. Just what I was looking for, take care bro! Thanks for your wishes.

I've been waiting for 100 days and no interview scheduled. Seems like FL and CA processing is slower. I wanted to travel at the end of August so might have to apply for a Schengen visa while I wait.

FL folks, do let us know if you recently received an interview invite so we can know how long it took. Cheers!

7 hours ago, crm2822 said:

I am still waiting, March 13th. What is your field office?

How would I know which field office I am? I have a friend, we live in the same county and had her interview at Folsom,CA. I am expecting to do it there too unless otherwise.. how about you?

On 6/27/2024 at 8:30 AM, SJ1989 said:

I've been waiting for 100 days and no interview scheduled. Seems like FL and CA processing is slower. I wanted to travel at the end of August so might have to apply for a Schengen visa while I wait.

FL folks, do let us know if you recently received an interview invite so we can know how long it took. Cheers!

I have been waiting for over 100 days. WA state. 

Timeline
On 6/26/2024 at 8:20 PM, Ichaa said:

Great news. Congratulations 🎊 

I remember you mentioned once you had travel planned for India. Just to inform you, I received india evisa also , it took around 12 hours for me.  Renunciation and OCI will take a couple of months so its better to have something in hand for travel. I went with 5 year e-Visa. What are you travel dates ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Posted (edited)

So, something weird I just noticed. We are getting ready for our trip to the Philippines on Wednesday, so I am checking and rechecking our passports, green cards, e-travel registration etc. My stepdaughter's green card says "Country of Birth - Unknown"! How many times have we submitted her birth certificate during this process? Her original green card has Philippines as her country of birth, which is correct. Our trip is in two days, so I'm not going to do anything about it, or report it. I'll bring her birth certificate just in case. I'm just surprised that they could even produce a card that says "unknown". I guess we are OK since it is a green card with her picture and name. Kind of funny that they keep using the same photo. She was only 3 years old when they took the picture and she was crying hysterically, so it looks like she's not happy at all about being a permanent resident. She'll be a citizen when we get back, so the green card will not be important going forward. Is anyone considering getting the expensive Certificate of Citizenship for their child? I read some posts by lawyers online who said you should get it for your child so they can always prove their citizenship.

Edited by taximan683
Left out a question mark

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, taximan683 said:

She'll be a citizen when we get back, so the green card will not be important going forward. Is anyone considering getting the expensive Certificate of Citizenship for their child? I read some posts by lawyers online who said you should get it for your child so they can always prove their citizenship.

I support that lawyer's statement. Sometimes, US passport is not enough to prove citizenship. Your stepdaughter may be asked many years later (potentially when her parents are no longer around) to prove she's a US citizen.

- People get routinely asked for it by DOS when renewing US passports (after decades of no problems)

- When applying to certain jobs requiring US citizenship and or special clearance

- When trying to get benefits from SSA office

- When sponsoring a foreigner for immigration benefit

At that point, your stepdaughter would have to dig for paperwork from 20-30-40-50 years ago related to you and her circumstances coming to the US. She may need to contact archives of different agencies, or even hire a lawyer.

All of this is eliminated by having certificate of citizenship.

It's the most authoritative document proving she's a US citizen. 

I'd pay the money to get it. The more time passes, the harder it becomes to prove she's a citizen, if she doesn't have the certificate. 

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.