Tegs&Lols

N-400 March 2024 Filers

581 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2024 at 4:20 PM, taximan683 said:

We sent the letter asking to reschedule the oath ceremony because of travel and I don't think they could have received it yet. I just sent it yesterday certified mail. We just got a call from USCIS from Washington DC but my wife wasn't here so they couldn't tell me anything. Now I'm wondering why would they be calling? Anybody have any ideas? Our case is pretty straightforward.

Have you verified the phone number? I tend to think it's a scam but if the phone number is indeed USCIS' then it must be legit. I haven't heard of such calls though. 

Edited by angeljolie

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 5/15/2024 at 4:25 PM, Ichaa said:

My husband and I applied on the same day(3/16) and both of our interviews got scheduled for June 21 st. Got the interview notification today. 

Hi Iccha  , How did the interview go at San Jose today ? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Duggu said:

Hi Iccha  , How did the interview go at San Jose today ? 

We both passed our interviews today. My husband had his interview before me. His officer suggested him to take an oath after our trip as there will be a delay in getting the passport. My husband just agreed to the officer😢🤦‍♀️ He mentioned that to me before I go to my interview. My officer mentioned that we will get an appointment for the oath ceremony only after July 25 th by today. Due to the upcoming travel, she offered me the oath for next Friday but she can’t offer the oath for my husband as he had a different officer. To be on the page in applying for the passports, I also opted to take the oath after our trip. So she closed my case by mentioning about our upcoming long trip and it will be closed until I reach out to them. She asked me to reach out to them after my trip. Now my case status shows, “Case is administratively closed”. But my husband may get an oath ceremony notice and we should call them up to reschedule it. Each officer handles cases differently. 

All the best for your upcoming interview on Wednesday!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, angeljolie said:

Have you verified the phone number? I tend to think it's a scam but if the phone number is indeed USCIS' then it must be legit. I haven't heard of such calls though. 

It wasn't a scam. I had forgotten that I had requested an appointment for the i-551 stamp in case we didn't receive the new green cards before our trip to the Philippines in July. The call was in regard to the appointment request. She scheduled a call back with me for when my wife would be available ( I was at work when she originally called and she couldn't tell me anything unless my wife, the applicant, was present). She called us back two days later and told us it was about the request for the appointment. We told her that we had received the green cards, so no appointment was necessary and that was it. On another note, my wife quickly received a Naturalization Oath Ceremony appointment for July when we plan to be on our trip to the Philippines. We sent a certified letter immediately to the USCIS field office in Santa Ana, CA where her ceremony was scheduled, and the day after they received the letter they canceled her ceremony and the status changed back to "Oath Ceremony being scheduled". That's a relief. Hopefully, they will remember the date we will get back and schedule her for after that date. It does say she was put back in the line with the others waiting for a ceremony. It was a relief to hear from them so quickly as we have less than two weeks before we go on our trip. USCIS has been very quick ever since she had the interview.  Everything is looking good so far and we are eager to get to the ceremony.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ichaa said:

All the best for your upcoming interview on Wednesday!

Congrats for passing the interview and thank you.

Which all documents did they ask for in the interview ?  How long was the interview ? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Duggu said:

Congrats for passing the interview and thank you.

Which all documents did they ask for in the interview ?  How long was the interview ? 

They called both of us like 25 mins late only. Interview was quick for about 20 mins. First, civics test then reading and writing. Then she verified the application and yes/no questions. Both the officers just checked the driving license, passport and green card. They didn’t ask for any other documents. 

During the citation questions, my husband mentioned about our parking tickets. She just asked whether it was paid and made a note of it in the application. Didn’t check that document as well.

By the way, Now my husband’s status says, “Recommended for approval and oath ceremony will be scheduled”.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ichaa said:

By the way, Now my husband’s status says, “Recommended for approval and oath ceremony will be scheduled”.

Great. What is your status saying ? 

What documents did everyone bring to combo interview? I have IDs, marriage license, GC, proof of living together (bills, insurance, banks, photos, taxes etc).. anything I’m missing? 

Had my combo interview today. Woke up this AM with a notification on my ROC application saying my card was being produced. My husband came with me but he wasn’t brought into the room, I’m assuming because she already approved the ROC. 

Interview was a breeze. It was probably 10 minutes. Did the civics questions and reading/writing then she clarified a few things on my application (work and travel history, personal information etc) asked about 5 of the yes/no questions and then said I was approved! Oath ceremony scheduled for July 12. Overall very straightforward and the officer was very pleasant. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My status has been updated to "Case was submitted for Quality Review based on an approval recommendation".   I see others who were approved at their interview and received oath ceremony date.     WTH ?   It goes on to say "this is a standard process we use to ensure the quality of our decisions"     Thoughts ??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife had her Oath ceremony today!  Awesome time and quite the production. We left the USCIS office in Detroit and went to the post office and immediately applied for her passport. Found out we don’t have to submit the N600 for my step daughter. She is a legal permanent resident and under 18 and was granted derivative citizenship the minute my wife took her oath. As soon as we get my wife’s naturalization certificate back we will apply for our daughters passport too. Good luck everyone 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ichaa said:

How was your interview today? Hope everything went well. 

It went as expected. Passed the interview . Oath ceremony scheduled for 06/28 morning . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.