Tegs&Lols

N-400 March 2024 Filers

555 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 6/13/2024 at 3:57 PM, aay.k said:

Congratulations!!

what kind of n400 questions were you asked? My interview is next week; starting to get real nervous. 😥 

Asked how long president is elected for

when is independence day

and questioned about the senate and the house

when do taxes have to be filed.

who will serve as president if they’re unable to. 

On 6/12/2024 at 11:09 AM, SFA14 said:

Just got done with my interview at San Antonio field office. Interview cleared. After the interview, i was called at a window and got my oath ceremony letter scheduled for June 18th

what questions did they ask from civics test? 

My husband had his citizenship interview in chicago today and passed! because we did a 400/751 combo requested interview i went in with him. he was very nice! WOOO! We are traveling back to England in July and he said that we should have no issues traveling with the 48 m ext letter and expired green card. We hope they schedule this oath when we are back.

Edited by Caitlin Kennedy

Though my husband just looked at his case online and the 751 is gone from his list and only has the 400. not sure what that means.

17 hours ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Though my husband just looked at his case online and the 751 is gone from his list and only has the 400. not sure what that means.

Now it says your case has moved and new office has jurs. i assume that means it moved to the citizenship office or something.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/9/2024 at 12:40 PM, mcshiffleface said:

Welp, just got my interview notice today!

05/09: Interview notice sent for 06/18. 

Tracker is now showing 7 months processing time, lol. 

My anniversary date is 06/05 I had applied with the early 90 day filing date. 

Just did my interview today! My case was approved and now I'm waiting for my oath date.

It was pretty simple.

The security guards didn't let me until 15 minutes before my appointment time.

Once I got in, I just completed the check-in process with the receptionist, who took my photo and fingerprints, and confirmed the appointment time in the letter.

The officer came out to the waiting area and called me in right on time.

First she made me swear that I will tell the truth and nothing but the truth while standing.

Then after sitting down she started with the civics questions. I got asked 6 questions verbally, along with reading 1 sentence and writing 1 sentence on the iPad. Questions were straight from the study guide, nothing complicated.

After the questions, she went through my application and ask some clarification questions, like do I go to Canada a lot, have I traveled within the past 5 years, etc. Followed up with do I understand the pledge of allegiance and do you agree/accept the constitution. This is also when I mentioned I had a traffic ticket. I just mentioned it to her and she didn't have any follow up questions.

At the end of it, I was given an opportunity to ask questions but I didn't, I was ready to GTFO lol.

Entire process took maybe like 30 minutes. Longest part of the process was driving to the field office.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Fredgz said:

just realized i never registered for selective service. I was student at a time until i turned 26. what exactly officer asks during the interview about it? what should i bring to the interview does anyone know?

Since you were living in the US on a nonimmigrant visa, you were not required to register. So I think you should be good?

Naturalization

4/30/2024 Eligible to file for Naturalization

5/18/2024 Filed N-400 online, biometrics reused

5/20/2024 Case is being actively reviewed

Removal of Conditions

4/30/2023   Eligible to file for ROC

5/1/2023     Sent ROC package via USPS

5/4/2023     Package delivered to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

5/9/2023     Received text message confirming receipt, case #IOE....

5/10/2023   Check was cashed

5/11/2023   Case is being actively reviewed

5/15/2023   NOA received in the mail, biometrics reused

Marriage-Based AOS

3/3/2021   Sent application package to Chicago Lockbox

5/25/2021 Biometrics Appointment

7/29/2021 Interview date (Approved on the spot)

8/11/2021 Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, mcshiffleface said:

Just did my interview today! My case was approved and now I'm waiting for my oath date.

It was pretty simple.

The security guards didn't let me until 15 minutes before my appointment time.

Once I got in, I just completed the check-in process with the receptionist, who took my photo and fingerprints, and confirmed the appointment time in the letter.

The officer came out to the waiting area and called me in right on time.

First she made me swear that I will tell the truth and nothing but the truth while standing.

Then after sitting down she started with the civics questions. I got asked 6 questions verbally, along with reading 1 sentence and writing 1 sentence on the iPad. Questions were straight from the study guide, nothing complicated.

After the questions, she went through my application and ask some clarification questions, like do I go to Canada a lot, have I traveled within the past 5 years, etc. Followed up with do I understand the pledge of allegiance and do you agree/accept the constitution. This is also when I mentioned I had a traffic ticket. I just mentioned it to her and she didn't have any follow up questions.

At the end of it, I was given an opportunity to ask questions but I didn't, I was ready to GTFO lol.

Entire process took maybe like 30 minutes. Longest part of the process was driving to the field office.

So literally 2 hours after this post, I get an email notification saying my oath notice was mailed.

Oath is going to be on July 8th, 3 weeks from now.

Timeline:

03/17: Submitted N-400 online, immediately got receipt notice and biometrics reuse notice.
05/09: Interview notice sent for 06/18.  
06/18: Interview passed, oath notice sent for 07/08.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We sent the letter asking to reschedule the oath ceremony because of travel and I don't think they could have received it yet. I just sent it yesterday certified mail. We just got a call from USCIS from Washington DC but my wife wasn't here so they couldn't tell me anything. Now I'm wondering why would they be calling? Anybody have any ideas? Our case is pretty straightforward.

1 minute ago, taximan683 said:

We sent the letter asking to reschedule the oath ceremony because of travel and I don't think they could have received it yet. I just sent it yesterday certified mail. We just got a call from USCIS from Washington DC but my wife wasn't here so they couldn't tell me anything. Now I'm wondering why would they be calling? Anybody have any ideas? Our case is pretty straightforward.

Edited by taximan683

Timeline
16 hours ago, SJ1989 said:

90+ days since application received and still no update on interview. Filed in Orlando, FL. Any others from FL in the same boat?

Same, 108 days here and nothing so far. San Fernando Valley Field Office (Los Angeles).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.