Tegs&Lols

N-400 March 2024 Filers

555 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They take your green card at the oath ceremony. You can travel with your original country passport and your green card until you take the oath. If they schedule your oath while you are away, you can call and change your appointment. My wife told the interviewer that we would be on a trip and please schedule the oath for when we are back. She passed the interview and we are waiting now to see when she will be invited to take the oath.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
32 minutes ago, taximan683 said:

They take your green card at the oath ceremony. You can travel with your original country passport and your green card until you take the oath. If they schedule your oath while you are away, you can call and change your appointment. My wife told the interviewer that we would be on a trip and please schedule the oath for when we are back. She passed the interview and we are waiting now to see when she will be invited to take the oath.

Thank you!! 😊 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Citizenship interview completed today at the Detroit, Michigan office. Completed and walking out within 20 minutes. 
Passed the English reading and writing and civics questions and the N400 questions. Told will be getting a letter in a week with the date to take the citizenship oath. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

March online app.  Scheduled for interview June 11.  Processing by Portland Oregon field office (7 hours away), but interview scheduled at Medford library location (3 1/2 hrs away).   Sworn in. Confirm basic info like name/address/birthdate etc.  Answer civics questions first.  I believe six.  I got them correct and he stopped asking questions.  Read one sentence.  Write one sentence. More N400 app questions/confirms and signing (mainly security questions like have you ever committed crimes etc).  Sign that I understand what is required at oath ceremony (what you are swearing to uphold).  Told I passed and a letter will be issued scheduling the oath ceremony.  He did advise that after oath my green card is surrendered and a certificate issued for citizenship.  Then I am free to register to vote, apply for US passport. etc.  Very cordial.  Not intimidating at all.  20-30 minutes.   I had all original docs with me that were submitted online.  He did not ask to see any original evidence.  Good luck !

21 hours ago, Kevin&Kanyanat said:

Citizenship interview completed today at the Detroit, Michigan office. Completed and walking out within 20 minutes. 
Passed the English reading and writing and civics questions and the N400 questions. Told will be getting a letter in a week with the date to take the citizenship oath. 

Congratulations!!

what kind of n400 questions were you asked? My interview is next week; starting to get real nervous. 😥 

Timeline

OK, I have another questions. Case changed to "Card Produced" and i-751 case closed. The letter congratulating my wife and daughter also says not to travel without your new card. We have a trip to the Philippines scheduled for July 3rd. Do we need an appointment for an I-551 stamp in their passports even though they still have their conditional green card and the extension letter? I hope that we receive their new green cards, but I requested an appointment online for the stamp just in case. I don't want them refused entry to the USA when we return! Does anyone know anything about this? Didn't expect this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 hours ago, taximan683 said:

OK, I have another questions. Case changed to "Card Produced" and i-751 case closed. The letter congratulating my wife and daughter also says not to travel without your new card. We have a trip to the Philippines scheduled for July 3rd. Do we need an appointment for an I-551 stamp in their passports even though they still have their conditional green card and the extension letter? I hope that we receive their new green cards, but I requested an appointment online for the stamp just in case. I don't want them refused entry to the USA when we return! Does anyone know anything about this? Didn't expect this.

As long as she hasn't taken the oath she can travel with her 2 year Green Card and unexpired extension letter.  She will not be refused entry.  Besides, she might not even get the 10 year card. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Finally got oath notice, interview was may 7th in st louis! Oath is July 19th in Lebanon, il. 

Married since 2001. Lived in USA for 5.5yrs, UK for 9yrs, back to USA in 2016.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

As long as she hasn't taken the oath she can travel with her 2 year Green Card and unexpired extension letter.  She will not be refused entry.  Besides, she might not even get the 10 year card. 

Well, the next day my wife's N-400 case was updated "approved" and she is placed in line for the oath ceremony appointment. Then, in the afternoon, I received two separate USPS notifications that we will be receiving an item from Kentucky on Monday. I believe that is where the green cards come from? I'm not expecting anything else. Looks like priority mail or something. Wow, they move fast when they want to.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, taximan683 said:

Well, the next day my wife's N-400 case was updated "approved" and she is placed in line for the oath ceremony appointment. Then, in the afternoon, I received two separate USPS notifications that we will be receiving an item from Kentucky on Monday. I believe that is where the green cards come from? I'm not expecting anything else. Looks like priority mail or something. Wow, they move fast when they want to.

Hopefully, that is the 10 year card.....and all will be golden...

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

"We have taken and action..." e-mail today. The Oath Ceremony has been scheduled. It is scheduled for when we are out of the country in July visiting my wife's family in the Philippines. As instructed in the notice, we will send back the notice with a letter asking for the oath to be rescheduled to a date after we have returned from our trip. I also noticed that the notice states that she will need to bring travel documents with her to the Oath Ceremony since we are traveling after she had the interview. Do you think I can print the notice document from the website and send it with the letter, or should I wait until the official notice arrives in the mail and send back the original notice with the letter? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, taximan683 said:

Do you think I can print the notice document from the website and send it with the letter, or should I wait until the official notice arrives in the mail and send back the original notice with the letter? 

You should be good with the printout of the document from the website. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.