Tegs&Lols

N-400 March 2024 Filers

555 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good news! Two days after my wife passed the N-400 interview, June 8, we got an e-mail "We have taken action on your case". We went to her MyUSCIS account and the action was taken on the i-751 - "Card is Being Produced", "We have approved your Form I-751...". So, filing the N-400 and going through the interview apparently sped up the approval of the i-751. That's a big relief. Things are moving ahead. It only took them two days to approve the i-751 after the N-400 interview, and the i-751 interview was apparently waived. So, if anyone is wondering, file your N-400 as soon as you are eligible and don't wait for the i-751. I guess USCIS is more efficient than I gave them credit for, at least in this case. I'll update our timeline. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, taximan683 said:

Good news! Two days after my wife passed the N-400 interview, June 8, we got an e-mail "We have taken action on your case". We went to her MyUSCIS account and the action was taken on the i-751 - "Card is Being Produced", "We have approved your Form I-751...". So, filing the N-400 and going through the interview apparently sped up the approval of the i-751. That's a big relief. Things are moving ahead. It only took them two days to approve the i-751 after the N-400 interview, and the i-751 interview was apparently waived. So, if anyone is wondering, file your N-400 as soon as you are eligible and don't wait for the i-751. I guess USCIS is more efficient than I gave them credit for, at least in this case. I'll update our timeline. Thanks!

Congratulations!!!  Just as I predicted....LOL.  Looks like card will be sent.....keep an eye on the N-400 status for oath ceremony will be scheduled...

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, taximan683 said:

So, filing the N-400 and going through the interview apparently sped up the approval of the i-751.

Not sure if I posted this already in this thread, but after waiting 40 months for our I-751 to be processed, wife filed her N-400.  Four months later, both were approved in our combo interview.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, taximan683 said:

"Card is Being Produced",

Depending on the timing, you may or may not actually get the card. If you get it, just hold on to it until the oath ceremony.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Great news!! I had my combo interview for I-751/N-400 last June 3 (Washington DC). I was approved in the spot and my ROC and Citizenship was approved on June 6. A day after I also got the oath ceremony date for June 29.

Super fast and smooth process!! I applied for Citizenship on March 5, 2024.

44 minutes ago, SuninLA said:

Ugh, I am still waiting for my interview to be scheduled. My husband and I just discovered that we're expecting our first baby. I just want this process to be over soon. Is anyone else still waiting? Applied 03/04

I am still waiting. Applied 03/13 under 5 years rule. U applied under which rule?

Just had my interview this morning. The interview appointment was originally for N400 but it became a combo for both i751 and N400. It lasted an hour and 5 minutes, with a short power interruption in between (!!!). 

Upon the officer learning I had a pending i751, she informed me she needed to ask me a few questions about my ROC application. She wrote down my answers on a piece of paper then called my husband in, telling him she would ask him questions about our marriage and requested me to not say anything or nod or shake my head. She asked if my husband had any documents on him that would prove we are living together and are operating as a married couple. My husband was surprised because he didn't prepare anything. (Side note: I knew he had his driver's license and health insurance card on him and I had the rest of the other stuff anyway so I didn't ask him to prepare anything else.) He presented his driver's license and health insurance card. The officer asked my husband the same questions she asked me and everything was consistent. After the Q&A, she asked my husband to wait in the waiting area. She made copies of the documents and told me she approved my and my kids' i751. 

She explained that she needed to adjudicate the i751. Otherwise, we can't proceed with the citizenship interview (which I already knew but didn't tell her; also the very reason my husband came). 

For the N400 part, she did the civics test first, then reading and writing. She asked me the yes/no questions on the form, my height, phone number, address and job. She then asked me if I understand the oath of allegiance fully. She then asked me to sign my application, printed a page which she handed to me, and congratulated me. She said I should receive the oath schedule in the mail. 

It was a long interview but there were a lot of light moments where we laughed. I was nervous at first because she looked stern at first. I thought she was going to get frustrated because of the surprise pending  i751, power interruption, and documents that kept jamming in her scanner, but she was very graceful throughout. It was a nice experience overall. 

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
21 hours ago, SuninLA said:

Ugh, I am still waiting for my interview to be scheduled. My husband and I just discovered that we're expecting our first baby. I just want this process to be over soon. Is anyone else still waiting? Applied 03/04

Still waiting here!  Hubby filed for his N-400 on 2/24. We got his NOA and biometrics reused noticed, but radio silence since. Filed under 3 years rule with a pending 751.

Edited by Haydnator

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey March filers! I asked this question in the Feb filers thread but asking here since I filed really late in Feb.

I filed my application on Feb 27, 2024 (marriage based under 3-year rule). Got scheduled for an interview on May 10, 2024 (FO Indianapolis). I was recommended for approval and the officer told me that I will receive a letter regarding the naturalization ceremony within 1-2 weeks. However, it has exactly been a month and there is no sign of the oath being scheduled. Even my case status on the portal hasn’t moved and is stuck at “Interview Was Scheduled”.

Is this normal? Is anyone else waiting for their oath for more than 4 weeks while their case status is unchanged online?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Day 99 since last update. Still actively reviewing my case. Funny thing is, the "estimated time" has dropped to 4 months within the last week.

I hate the waiting game. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Good evening,

Submitted my case 3/21, 5 year rule and today I got a text that my interview has been scheduled for 7/17. I’m traveling to Spain for a whole month on 7/18-8/18. Do they take my GC/passport there or is it in the Oath ceremony? Should I postpone my interview or would the give me the chance to choose my oath ceremony date after my trip? 

I’m located in San Diego,CA

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.