Tegs&Lols

N-400 March 2024 Filers

562 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 5/28/2024 at 10:39 AM, RoDaMo said:

Hi everyone!!!

trying to utilize my original post to make it easier!!

on April 10th I got my interview notice right after turning three years of GC holder, 

Interview was held on May 17, Santa Clara Field Office (went with my Attorney) It took only 10 minutes and it was super easy and the Officer was super nice!!! At the end of the interview she said; oh! Do you have any travel plans for the next few weeks??? Because we have an Oath Ceremony next Friday! Would you like to take it next Friday? Gosh!!! Of course I said yes!!! 
Oath Ceremony: May 24th 2024!

I still can’t believe it!!! 

I came to this Country almost 10 years ago my whole file was like 4 inches thick!!!

from L-1A work visa to many works permits to a pending AOS to an approved VAWA to a GC and Now a new U.S. Citizen.

Even if I was eligible to file for VAWA after 3 years, I filed through my husband (second marriage) 

Best for everyone!

Glad to hear that. Our field office also SJ. My husband and I are having our interviews on 6/21. We are having our international trip after couple of weeks. Would like to know more about oath ceremony. I heard that they are having oath ceremony on every other Fridays. If you don’t mind, can you plz share the oath ceremony timings at SJ? Are they having 2 or 3 times of oath in a same day? Both of our interviews are scheduled for 9 am and 9:50 am. If everything goes well, we are planning to request the officer for the same day oath. Is it possible for us to have the same day oath if the officer allows us. Please share your thoughts. Thank you.

Posted (edited)

Silent reader here. Applied for my daughter’s citizenship on March 30th anniversary date was 03/27 bio reused. May 28th her interview was scheduled for July 2. 
5 year rule. 
is the test still 2008 version? 

Edited by KYICGM

19 hours ago, Ichaa said:

Glad to hear that. Our field office also SJ. My husband and I are having our interviews on 6/21. We are having our international trip after couple of weeks. Would like to know more about oath ceremony. I heard that they are having oath ceremony on every other Fridays. If you don’t mind, can you plz share the oath ceremony timings at SJ? Are they having 2 or 3 times of oath in a same day? Both of our interviews are scheduled for 9 am and 9:50 am. If everything goes well, we are planning to request the officer for the same day oath. Is it possible for us to have the same day oath if the officer allows us. Please share your thoughts. Thank you.

This is my experience, I also knew SK do every other Friday Oath Ceremony. They do it in the parking lot, so you arrived, they guide you through one of the lines… always inside the car, someone approaches to your car and ask for the Oath letter… what they do is, they let a group of around 20 people get out of the car, do the Oath and when you are done they give you your certificate and that all! 
very easy and smooth process 

Just now, RoDaMo said:

SK

Sorry SJ

Timeline
1 hour ago, RoDaMo said:

This is my experience, I also knew SK do every other Friday Oath Ceremony. They do it in the parking lot, so you arrived, they guide you through one of the lines… always inside the car, someone approaches to your car and ask for the Oath letter… what they do is, they let a group of around 20 people get out of the car, do the Oath and when you are done they give you your certificate and that all! 
very easy and smooth process 

Sorry SJ

Got it. Thanks for your response.

good morning everyone,

today I received a text and email around 7:30am saying that USCIS has taken action on my case (I already have my interview scheduled). But I do not see anything different on the portal. Has this happened to anyone else? 

34 minutes ago, aay.k said:

good morning everyone,

today I received a text and email around 7:30am saying that USCIS has taken action on my case (I already have my interview scheduled). But I do not see anything different on the portal. Has this happened to anyone else? 

Happens to people all the time. There's nothing to worry about. 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, aay.k said:

ahhh okay. Thank you! :)

Okay. Nothing changed either for you?

Last week, My husband and I both got this email notification within 20 mins of intervals. But none of our status got changed. No need to worry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.