motu

Do you fill out everyone's income on all the I864s?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Friend of mine is filing an I130 and I864s. His wife is the US citizen and she will fill out one I864 - but she didn't have any income last year so her sponsoring contribution is 0. Her mother will fill out another I864 and she has enough income to cover the 3 people (and more). He will fill out an I864 and he has some income but not enough.

So, for the amounts in the I864 - are they the same on all the forms - e.g. he her Income, his income and sponsor's Income

Or are they different - each only filling out what they contribute. - If that's the case how does he show the combined income (or does he not have to?)

I filed a simple 864 as I sponsored my wife but this is a little tricky for me.

Edited by motu

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I-130 is an application for immigrant visa. I-864 is affidavit of support used either when filing I-485 to adjust status, Or by NVC for the immigrant visa, and also at the consulate for (IR-1 or CR-1) immigrant visa.

Please give us better details, like where the person is in the immigration process.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Hi Dan:

My friend is in the country legally - waiting for his mother's asylum to be finalized. They have been here 3 + years - in the menatime he has married a US citizen and she will be filing an I130 for him along with the I864 - and that's where I am a little confused as how the income's are shown.

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

AOS

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Removal of conditions

April 16 Biometrics done

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Hi Dan:

My friend is in the country legally - waiting for his mother's asylum to be finalized. They have been here 3 + years - in the menatime he has married a US citizen and she will be filing an I130 for him along with the I864 - and that's where I am a little confused as how the income's are shown.

Should alos be filing I-485 with the I-130, and I-864

SEE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide2

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Thanks but you didn't answer my original question on how the I864 should be filled out. Yes, he is filling out the I485 but that's very simple and easy. The only problem is in filling the the I864. Can anyone else help? Has anyone else used a co-sponsor - how did you show the incomes?

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

AOS

Removal of conditions

April 16 Biometrics done

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

Friend of mine is filing an I130 and I864s. His wife is the US citizen and she will fill out one I864 - but she didn't have any income last year so her sponsoring contribution is 0. Her mother will fill out another I864 and she has enough income to cover the 3 people (and more). He will fill out an I864 and he has some income but not enough.

So, for the amounts in the I864 - are they the same on all the forms - e.g. he her Income, his income and sponsor's Income

Or are they different - each only filling out what they contribute. - If that's the case how does he show the combined income (or does he not have to?)

From what you've written, only two I-864s are needed. One from the main sponsor showing $0 and one from the joint sponsor showing her income. If her income alone is enough for her household and the immigrant, then nothing else is needed. Who is the "he" who would be filling out a form? It sounds like you're referring to the immigrant, but only US citizens can fill out I-864s.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: Timeline

motu,

Your friend (and you) need to look at an I-864 and its' instructions. An intending immigrant does not fill out an I-864. Your friend's wife fills out an I-864 that includes both her income and her husband's (your friend's) income, because your friend is his wife's Househol Member (assuming that your friend is living with his wife).

Does your friend and his wife live with the wife's mother by any chance?

Yodrak

Timeline

Thanks but I still do not know how the form is filled out - does it show all the incomes on both the forms or just the person who is filling out's income in their respective forms? - Do they add up all the forms to see the total incomes or does everyone's income needs to be included in all the forms?

Yes, they do live with her mother - Yodrak.

Yes its being filed on his behalf but he is filling out all the forms for his wife and the co-sponsor to sign - just like most of us did for our wives. I think when I first asked the question - I didn't want people to be confused with who, how and why but Dan thought it might help others to respond - sorry for that confusion.

Still not sure how its done.

Edited by motu

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

AOS

Removal of conditions

April 16 Biometrics done

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Thanks but I still do not know how the form is filled out - does it show all the incomes on both the forms or just the person who is filling out's income in their respective forms? - Do they add up all the forms to see the total incomes or does everyone's income needs to be included in all the forms?

Yes, they do live with her mother - Yodrak.

Yes its being filed on his behalf but he is filling out all the forms for his wife and the co-sponsor to sign - just like most of us did for our wives. I think when I first asked the question - I didn't want people to be confused with who, how and why but Dan thought it might help others to respond - sorry for that confusion.

Still not sure how its done.

Edit, I see the answer I was looking for is already there. They are all part of the same household so the answer changes. This is why the details are so important.

Have you read the I-864 instructions yet?

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Yes Pushbrk I read it again - all 11 pages but its still clear as mud to me. So, His wife (the USC) files an I864 and includes his income on it - does she also include her mother's (the co-spondsor's) income on the form she fills out?

And when her mother fills it out does she include her daughter and son-in-laws income on her form or leaves those out?

Thanks for the help - if someone out there did a co-sponsor and filed already, help please.

motu

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

AOS

Removal of conditions

April 16 Biometrics done

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Yes Pushbrk I read it again - all 11 pages but its still clear as mud to me. So, His wife (the USC) files an I864 and includes his income on it - does she also include her mother's (the co-spondsor's) income on the form she fills out?

And when her mother fills it out does she include her daughter and son-in-laws income on her form or leaves those out?

Thanks for the help - if someone out there did a co-sponsor and filed already, help please.

motu

Your answers are on the right side of page two of the instructions.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

OK pushbrk:

So her mother will include everyone's income on the form she fills - correct?

But what about the daughter - does she only fill out her and her husband's income only?

Is that the way the two forms should be filled out?

Thanks for your help.

motu

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

AOS

Removal of conditions

April 16 Biometrics done

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

Filed: Timeline

Motu,

Since the immigrant and his Sponsor wife live with the Sponsor's mother there are 2 ways that this can be done.

1) The Sponsor wife prepares an I-864 that includes her financial resources, her husband the immigrant's financial resources, and her mother's financial resources. Her husband and her mother are Household Members. The Sponsor and the mother jointly execute an I-864A, allowing the Sponsor to use her Household Member mother's financial resources on the Sponsor's I-864. The Sponsor and her husband do not have to execute an I-864A because her husband is the immigrant being sponsored. The combined financial resources of all 3 people in the Sponsor's household must meet the income requirement

2) The Sponsor wife prepares an I-864 that includes her financial resources and her husband the immigrant's financial resources. Her husband is a Household Member, as in option 1. If the combined financial resources of the Sponsor's household do not meet the income requirement then the mother prepares a separate I-864 that includes only the mother's financial resources. The mother is a Joint Sponsor in this case, and her financial resources alone must meet the income requirement.

Yodrak

motu

Timeline

Thanks Yodrak. Hopefully my friend can file all his paperwork shortly. Thanks

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

AOS

Removal of conditions

April 16 Biometrics done

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.