JaredShadkin

February 2024 - AOS Filers

149 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Huh?  I've never seen that one.....maybe attorney should have been proactive....LOL.

In Puerto Rico you file two types of tax returns - one for the mainland and one from the islands tax agency, Hacienda.

We sent both as a precaution, but likely the agent looking at the case didn't do enough due diligence and sent an RFE without taking a look at all the documents. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
On 2/17/2024 at 11:09 PM, JaredShadkin said:

I've tried multiple times this week to get the online access codes and biometrics date from the Live Agents via the chat, but each one has a different story as to when I can request it if the letter doesnt arrive within X-period.

What did you ask Emma/the agent to request the biometrics appointment date?

I asked the agent for the date, time and location of my appointment but they only gave me the date. I received all NOA1s, the access code and the bio appointment letter today.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, SP1988 said:

Question guys is it too optimistic to assume GC should arrive within 90 days of biometrics interview? It seems a lot of october/november/december filers have gotten it just wondering if us february people can get motivated or so

Certainly possible, especially if your interview is waived.

Seems as though the Chicago Service Center is one of the fastest according to VJ Member Timelines - so it also highly depends upon the Service Center where your case will be adjudicated. 

But it's always better to plan for 6-9 months versus banking on 3 months, both for personal sanity and logistical reasons. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, JaredShadkin said:

Certainly possible, especially if your interview is waived.

Seems as though the Chicago Service Center is one of the fastest according to VJ Member Timelines - so it also highly depends upon the Service Center where your case will be adjudicated. 

But it's always better to plan for 6-9 months versus banking on 3 months, both for personal sanity and logistical reasons. 

Aw man....well i did it through texaa hopefully it isnt as bad. What determines interview waiver or not??

Timeline
1 hour ago, SP1988 said:

Aw man....well i did it through texaa hopefully it isnt as bad. What determines interview waiver or not??

There is no "blanket waiver" or specific set of criteria they look for.

Providing as much joint-evidence possible does go a long way - I provided a joint bank account statement, two credit cards with both names on them, etc.

I am sure USCIS uses historical data to know which countries are at a greater risk for marriage fraud and could require interviews from applicants. 

Additionally, first time K-1 applicants would most likely have an interview waived - but a second or third time filer would not for obvious reasons. 

But nothing is set in stone - every case is treated differently. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
12 hours ago, JaredShadkin said:

Filed: February 7, 2024

Delivered: February 8, 2024

Case Received (Confirmation via Text): February 13, 2024

NOA-1: February 12, 2024 - Arrived by mail on February 17, 2024.

Online Access Codes received via Emma: February 20, 2024.

Biometrics Scheduled for March 6, 2024 - Changed online to February 21, 2024

Got the dreaded RFE for financials - lawyer indicated happens frequently for Puerto Rico based cases. 🙄

Hi @JaredShadkin how did you get online access codes via Emma? I tried but she couldn't answer my question :(

I'm a February filer too

Filed: Feb 5, 2024

Delivered: Feb 8, 2024

Case received: Feb 9, 2024

NOA-1: Feb 14, 2024 - Arrived by mail: Feb 20, 2024

Text confirmation: Feb 15, 2024

Biometrics appointment was scheduled: Feb 16, 2024

Timeline
3 minutes ago, tr.thao said:

Hi @JaredShadkin how did you get online access codes via Emma? I tried but she couldn't answer my question :(

I'm a February filer too

Filed: Feb 5, 2024

Delivered: Feb 8, 2024

Case received: Feb 9, 2024

NOA-1: Feb 14, 2024 - Arrived by mail: Feb 20, 2024

Text confirmation: Feb 15, 2024

Biometrics appointment was scheduled: Feb 16, 2024

You will have to connect to a Live Agent in order to ask for the online access code, from 7am to 7pm EST. 

I tried various times last week, and finally was able to get my online codes from a nice agent this morning - only for a letter to arrive in the evening with the code haha

You can either try via the chat, but likely a letter will arrive shortly with your online access. 

Once you have the code, you can choose to see if there is an earlier biometrics appointment available. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, JaredShadkin said:

You will have to connect to a Live Agent in order to ask for the online access code, from 7am to 7pm EST. 

I tried various times last week, and finally was able to get my online codes from a nice agent this morning - only for a letter to arrive in the evening with the code haha

You can either try via the chat, but likely a letter will arrive shortly with your online access. 

Once you have the code, you can choose to see if there is an earlier biometrics appointment available. 

Thank you so much! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mailed: Feb 16th to Phoenix lockbox (since we live in Tennessee).
Delivered: Feb 20th.

The money orders we included have not been cashed yet and we have not received any sort of notification via the G-1145 we included. Is there a general sort of timeline when we can expect to hear back? I've been googling and can't seem to find a straight answer.

I also saw someone say something about the bar codes on the bottom of the paperwork needing to show in order to not get a rejection. My printer cut ours off, so we're a bit anxious about that. I seem to recall the same thing happening to the I-129f and it was never an issue. 

Edited by ap4295

Timeline
16 minutes ago, ap4295 said:

The money orders we included have not been cashed yet and we have not received any sort of notification via the G-1145 we included. Is there a general sort of timeline when we can expect to hear back? I've been googling and can't seem to find a straight answer.

I also saw someone say something about the bar codes on the bottom of the paperwork needing to show in order to not get a rejection. My printer cut ours off, so we're a bit anxious about that. I seem to recall the same thing happening to the I-129f and it was never an issue. 

You can expect between 1 and 2 weeks on average for the receipt notice to arrive by text, and shortly after that by mail.
There have been some instances where individuals have been notified after a month, but the vast majority are 1-2 weeks. 

Personally unsure about the barcodes so cannot assist there. 

Hi all!

Not a filer now nor was I doing it from Puerto Rico.

However, I am a PR native.  Unfortunately, yes, for the immigration process, there are times that USCIS officers do not understand the nuances between Puerto Rico and USA documents.  I wouldn't even be surprised that some of them forget the whole U.S. territory - and yes, I have been present to conversations about this where I have been asked if it was hard for me to get my green card as recent as less than a decade ago.  For example, the whole tax returns.  You have the ones in PR to Hacienda (as someone previously stated) and the federal ones that are the same as those in USA.  Likewise, the birth certificates can be a thing, especially due to the fraudulent ones.  I know for sure twice there has been a government change in how they look and I have had to request them so I have the updated version (and I am only in my 30s) just because the old ones were so easy to fake, people getting to PR illegally and using them to then marry to get to the USA.

At any rate, when it comes to financials just send everything that you have.  Sometimes including a short statement of explaining what something is can help them understand.  I kid you not, I paid Puerto Rico for a certificate of single status just to be safe when I started the K1 visa for my now husband only because I didn't want issues and I knew just throwing Puerto Rico into the mix could result in stupid RFEs. LOL

Anyways, long rant, let me know if I can help.  Best of luck!

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed
June 2024 - Biometrics Reused
July 2024 - Approved (NO INTERVIEW) and GC received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 hours ago, ap4295 said:

We sent to Phoenix box, arrived 26 Jan. Took 25 days to cash our check, still no text notifications nor mail notice. Been 29 days since delivered. 

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline
16 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Hi all!

Not a filer now nor was I doing it from Puerto Rico.

However, I am a PR native.  Unfortunately, yes, for the immigration process, there are times that USCIS officers do not understand the nuances between Puerto Rico and USA documents.  I wouldn't even be surprised that some of them forget the whole U.S. territory - and yes, I have been present to conversations about this where I have been asked if it was hard for me to get my green card as recent as less than a decade ago.  For example, the whole tax returns.  You have the ones in PR to Hacienda (as someone previously stated) and the federal ones that are the same as those in USA.  Likewise, the birth certificates can be a thing, especially due to the fraudulent ones.  I know for sure twice there has been a government change in how they look and I have had to request them so I have the updated version (and I am only in my 30s) just because the old ones were so easy to fake, people getting to PR illegally and using them to then marry to get to the USA.

At any rate, when it comes to financials just send everything that you have.  Sometimes including a short statement of explaining what something is can help them understand.  I kid you not, I paid Puerto Rico for a certificate of single status just to be safe when I started the K1 visa for my now husband only because I didn't want issues and I knew just throwing Puerto Rico into the mix could result in stupid RFEs. LOL

Anyways, long rant, let me know if I can help.  Best of luck!

Gracias por su mensaje! 

We sent all the documents we could (via our lawyer), to meet the requirements. 

We included both the IRS and Hacienda Tax Returns for the Joint Sponsor, as well as brokerage/investments accounts (TD Ameritrade) for both the joint sponsor and I (with assets that well supersede the requirements USCIS is looking for) and bank account statements back-dated 12 months.

Still, we got an RFE, which indicated that both the Primary and Joint Sponsor do not meet the requirements)...  😂

So something tells me the agent didn't look at anything, saw Hacienda/Puerto Rico, and thought it was a different country.

Not surprising: Some TSA Agents think that PR is not a US state/territory and refuse to accept my ID until I ask for the Managing Officer. 

@omgslay

Edited by JaredShadkin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.