JaredShadkin

February 2024 - AOS Filers

149 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I received mine a couple days after I saw the combo approval in my docs tab, however, I never received the approval letter itself or had the card produced and it’s been 6 weeks.

I believe there wouldn’t be an issue with the SSN as long as she has the marriage certificate and one of the NOA2 to prove that she has applied, got approved but still waiting on the updated SSN. It’s worth the try.

13 hours ago, ap4295 said:

How long did it take for them to issue you the new one? It's been over two weeks since our combo card arrived and still no new SSN card. My wife wants to get a learners permit so she can start learning to drive but she thinks they won't accept her current SSN (because no one has ever seen a newly married woman before right? :lol:)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
14 hours ago, ap4295 said:

How long did it take for them to issue you the new one? It's been over two weeks since our combo card arrived and still no new SSN card. My wife wants to get a learners permit so she can start learning to drive but she thinks they won't accept her current SSN (because no one has ever seen a newly married woman before right? :lol:)

The DMV here in Miami indeed insisted that the names on SS card and Combo Card were the same in order to issue me a DL - despite marriage certificate. I actually went to the Social Security Administration right after our wedding and had them issue me a new card (and then actually checked “no” on my I-765/I-485 applications when they asked if I needed a new one).

If she doesn’t want to wait any longer maybe she could just go by the SSA and get it changed herself?😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/5/2024 at 7:13 AM, Lara SD said:

The DMV here in Miami indeed insisted that the names on SS card and Combo Card were the same in order to issue me a DL - despite marriage certificate. I actually went to the Social Security Administration right after our wedding and had them issue me a new card (and then actually checked “no” on my I-765/I-485 applications when they asked if I needed a new one).

If she doesn’t want to wait any longer maybe she could just go by the SSA and get it changed herself?😊

We might go do that. She's applying for jobs and she's worried that her last name being different on her SSN card will cause issues.

Timeline

I got an email yesterday from USCIS saying they have taken an action on our case and to login to check it, but when I login nothing's changed. Anyone else get this? Will it just take a bit to update since it's the weekend?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ap4295 said:

I got an email yesterday from USCIS saying they have taken an action on our case and to login to check it, but when I login nothing's changed. Anyone else get this? Will it just take a bit to update since it's the weekend?

Should be available Monday.

Otherwise you can use the Emma chat tool and an agent will give you the update. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JaredShadkin said:

Should be available Monday.

Otherwise you can use the Emma chat tool and an agent will give you the update. 

The Emma chat tool just leads me in an endless loop of just telling me to use the Case Status Check page which doesn't tell me anything new. So I guess we're waiting till Monday. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
20 minutes ago, ap4295 said:

The Emma chat tool just leads me in an endless loop of just telling me to use the Case Status Check page which doesn't tell me anything new. So I guess we're waiting till Monday. 

You can chat with a Live Agent Monday - Friday. If the status doesn’t change Monday morning, inquire directly with an agent who will update you.

Timeline
21 hours ago, JaredShadkin said:

You can chat with a Live Agent Monday - Friday. If the status doesn’t change Monday morning, inquire directly with an agent who will update you.

Well it doesn't matter in the end. I checked this morning and her I-485 has been approved. :dance:

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone! Just a brief update:

After receiving an RFE for the I-693 on June 24, I redid the exam and sent it back to USCIS. Today my case was approved 🥳

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.