JaredShadkin

February 2024 - AOS Filers

149 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
On 5/10/2024 at 8:54 PM, JaredShadkin said:

Same here - April 29 approval. 

Did you ever receive the approval letter in the mail? it's now over 3 weeks since approval and I haven't received a hard copy of the approval or the had the card produced...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, M and Mike said:

Congratulations 🎊 

Thank you! Now to just wait for something related to scheduling the interview. I wonder when they're gonna get that sorted out. I don't like how quiet it's been. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Posted (edited)

My I-485 just got approved!!

I’m so relieved! I received an email that they’d taken an action on my case, and assumed that it was my combo card finally being mailed — what an amazing surprise!

Edited by mbodwams
Accidentally posted before I was finished!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My wife and I just had something occur to us. Everyone told us to get her an SSN ASAP when she arrived in the U.S. We got one approved at our local office, and then sent off our I-485 before her SSN arrived in the mail. However on the I-485, we checked the box requesting an SSN. We read somewhere that we needed to do that so that they would update her last name now that she is married, and to remove the "Valid for work only with DHS authorization" part of her card. But now my wife is worried that she will have two different SSNs which will cause all sorts of problems. I personally think that since the I-485 has the same passport number and I-94 number that we provided when we applied for the SSN at the local office, shouldn't they see that there is an existing number with that information and not cause issues? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
On 5/29/2024 at 5:34 PM, ap4295 said:

My wife and I just had something occur to us. Everyone told us to get her an SSN ASAP when she arrived in the U.S. We got one approved at our local office, and then sent off our I-485 before her SSN arrived in the mail. However on the I-485, we checked the box requesting an SSN. We read somewhere that we needed to do that so that they would update her last name now that she is married, and to remove the "Valid for work only with DHS authorization" part of her card. But now my wife is worried that she will have two different SSNs which will cause all sorts of problems. I personally think that since the I-485 has the same passport number and I-94 number that we provided when we applied for the SSN at the local office, shouldn't they see that there is an existing number with that information and not cause issues? 

It won.t be a problem. I did the same and they issues me a new one with the updated name. The number remains the same.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/21/2024 at 8:07 PM, mbodwams said:

I’m so relieved! I received an email that they’d taken an action on my case, and assumed that it was my combo card finally being mailed — what an amazing surprise!

Congratulation !!!

Timeline
On 5/21/2024 at 3:07 PM, mbodwams said:

Dang, and we still haven't even gotten anything since mid-March when we completed the biometrics. Wish they'd send us the interview appointment already. Congrats to you though!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, ap4295 said:

Dang, and we still haven't even gotten anything since mid-March when we completed the biometrics. Wish they'd send us the interview appointment already. Congrats to you though!

I wish that this process made more sense. I don’t understand why some people get EAD or a combo card approved right away and some people wait months, or never have it approved before the green card.

I hope that you hear something back soon! IMO, Not receiving an RFE at all is a good sign. 

Timeline
On 6/1/2024 at 1:57 AM, mbodwams said:

I wish that this process made more sense. I don’t understand why some people get EAD or a combo card approved right away and some people wait months, or never have it approved before the green card.

I hope that you hear something back soon! IMO, Not receiving an RFE at all is a good sign. 

Wanting the U.S government to make sense is asking too much. 

Timeline
On 5/30/2024 at 4:35 PM, GPJB said:

It won.t be a problem. I did the same and they issues me a new one with the updated name. The number remains the same.

How long did it take for them to issue you the new one? It's been over two weeks since our combo card arrived and still no new SSN card. My wife wants to get a learners permit so she can start learning to drive but she thinks they won't accept her current SSN (because no one has ever seen a newly married woman before right? :lol:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.