26 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone, 

I am from Pakistan , Had my interview on 6th Feb 2024 , Category is IR1 (Changed from F21) , VO asked only 3 questions , Handed me white slip (221g) and yellow slip (DS-5535) And told me to fill the form , returned my Doc and passport,,,,,, I asked anything wrong with my doc he replied no , he didn't take any info from me and also didn't provide me any info  ,,, 

I have travel history (2 countries) , one is short term visa to KSA and one is long term stay in UK , (I uploaded police report from UK on NVC portal , also showed it to VO and it was clear ),,,, Me and my spouse waited 3 years for interview date (yes , you read it right) then after my status changed to IR only then i got my interview , no I am IN AP (God knows how long i have to wait) , My family (wife and my 2 years old son) waiting for me , these past 7 years were already  horrible for me and my family now this AP , On top of that my wife is sick and Doctors are not able to find out the cause of sickness ,, She need me the most now and I am in 221g White slip (yellow slip ds-5535) AP ,, Thats all about me .....

Mu questions are;

What is this White221g and  Yellow Slip ?

How long does it take ?

What can I do other then waiting ?

What can my wife do (us national) ?

Can my 2 years old US born son be any help ? 

Why USA didn't did background check before ? (when visa applicant is waiting for interview or when applicant fill DS-260) 

Can I request to speed up the AP (on bases my wife medical condition) ?

Thank you all for reading and for all those whom going to answer .. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, brkendream said:

Hello Everyone, 

I am from Pakistan , Had my interview on 6th Feb 2024 , Category is IR1 (Changed from F21) , VO asked only 3 questions , Handed me white slip (221g) and yellow slip (DS-5535) And told me to fill the form , returned my Doc and passport,,,,,, I asked anything wrong with my doc he replied no , he didn't take any info from me and also didn't provide me any info  ,,, 

I have travel history (2 countries) , one is short term visa to KSA and one is long term stay in UK , (I uploaded police report from UK on NVC portal , also showed it to VO and it was clear ),,,, Me and my spouse waited 3 years for interview date (yes , you read it right) then after my status changed to IR only then i got my interview , no I am IN AP (God knows how long i have to wait) , My family (wife and my 2 years old son) waiting for me , these past 7 years were already  horrible for me and my family now this AP , On top of that my wife is sick and Doctors are not able to find out the cause of sickness ,, She need me the most now and I am in 221g White slip (yellow slip ds-5535) AP ,, Thats all about me .....

Mu questions are;

This may help.  If the consulate is requesting more information on any of the forms they gave you, you mentioned the DS5535, complete those as quickly as possible.

https://www.path2usa.com/blog/all-about-221g/

How long does it take ?

No real way for any of us to know this answer.

What can I do other than waiting ?

Submit any information requested as soon as possible.

She may be able to request an expedit based on her illness.  She can also contact her Senator or U.S. House Representative.

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-1-part-a-chapter-5#:~:text=In the context of an expedite request%2C humanitarian,medical treatment in a limited amount of time.

No.

Why USA didn't did background check before ? (when visa applicant is waiting for interview or when applicant fill DS-260) 

Who knows.  It might be due to lack of cooperation from your current government, or just difficulty in completing it.

You wife could request an expedite (see above).  There is not much you can do as far as I know.

Good Luck, and hopefully your AP will be shorter than average.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

This may help.  If the consulate is requesting more information on any of the forms they gave you, you mentioned the DS5535, complete those as quickly as possible.

She may be able to request an expedit based on her illness.  She can also contact her Senator or U.S. House Representative.

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-1-part-a-chapter-5#:~:text=In the context of an expedite request%2C humanitarian,medical treatment in a limited amount of time.

No.

Who knows.  It might be due to lack of cooperation from your current government, or just difficulty in completing it.

You wife could request an expedite (see above).  There is not much you can do as far as I know.

Thank you very much for detail answer . I already provided them DS-5535 as they Requested (basically ordered) ,, 

Now on expedite , Should I wait minimum 2 months before any expedite try ( throw US Senatore or House representative) ?  And should My wife attach her medical condition certificate from Doctor ?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, brkendream said:

Thank you very much for detail answer . I already provided them DS-5535 as they Requested (basically ordered) ,, 

Now on expedite , Should I wait minimum 2 months before any expedite try ( throw US Senatore or House representative) ?  And should My wife attach her medical condition certificate from Doctor ?  

I am not sure about the waiting, but honestly it seems you already have been waiting quite some time.  If your wife formally requests an expedite based on her medical condition, yes, she should include proof of that condition from her Dr.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

No.

For Us , especially  for me , the most worrying thing is Doctors are not able to pin point what is wrong with my wife , Her MRI is dew on 17th of this month ,,,,, According to Doctors this could be nothing(minimum/miner) issue to ....... I don't even want to name the illness ....O God ,, I am so heartbroken and stressed-out.... Total wait time is 7 years and 6 months ,,,, waited 3 years for interview and now this AP , especially when I provided all police reports of my stay in other countries....

Dam this heart. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, brkendream said:

Hello Everyone, 

Mu questions are;

How long does it take ?

What can I do other then waiting ?

***Please do not ask this question in the threads of other members***

Your spouse can ask for an expedite, however, AP cannot normally be expedited or waived.  Hopefully, your wait will end soon. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, brkendream said:

1) Nothing really.  She can request an expedite, but it will be denied

2) No

3) Why dedicate resources on something that is not approved?  That is, until you passed the interview, there was no reason to conduct a background check.  If they do background checks first, then the cases that get denied due to the interview have wasted the time and money spent on the background checks.  And this will slow the already snails pace for interview and processing even more.

4) AP cannot be expedited.  Not by your wife, a Congressman, a Senator, etc.

Edited by SteveInBostonI130

8 hours ago, brkendream said:

They won’t expedite background checks.

And as to why the background checks were not done previously, surely you’re aware of the poor record-keeping and other issues of Pakistan?   It’s the reason why NVC does not accept police records from that country.

Edited by SalishSea

37 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

They won’t expedite background checks.

And as to why the background checks were not done previously, surely you’re aware of the poor record-keeping and other issues of Pakistan?   It’s the reason why NVC does not accept police records from that country.

They are most likely looking for OPs purpose and time spent in the U.K and the related background checks-- not for his record in Pakistan-- for which records are either non-existent or unreliable.

1 hour ago, bondy88 said:

They are most likely looking for OPs purpose and time spent in the U.K and the related background checks-- not for his record in Pakistan-- for which records are either non-existent or unreliable.

I know they’re unreliable.   That’s why the AP takes that much longer.

15 hours ago, bondy88 said:

Thank you all for answering and responding to my posts.. I am  new to this forum so i am in some kind of post restriction , so I will not able to answer all of you , please accept  my apologies..  

Dear bondy88 , Thank you for replying  , That's what I am really confused about , UK is not a country where records are not kept safe , We all know UK have a very good system ,So why not at NVC level (when people uploaded there UK police certificates) Immigration Department do these checks to safe time ? This isn't that hard  ... 

And one more thing Why "They" don't do required checks on immigrant applicant "IN USA" when file/case is at NVC waiting for interview or at USCIS waiting for approval , I don't see any harm in it , Applicant who never been to USA 100% don't have any record or Data in USA , so why not safe time ? Why NVC or other related/concerned department  don't send an email to other relevant department in USA and clear the applicant Data????? This will again save  money , effort , emotional stress , time , families can be untied earlier instead of going AP .. 

6 hours ago, brkendream said:

Thank you all for answering and responding to my posts.. I am  new to this forum so i am in some kind of post restriction , so I will not able to answer all of you , please accept  my apologies..  

Dear bondy88 , Thank you for replying  , That's what I am really confused about , UK is not a country where records are not kept safe , We all know UK have a very good system ,So why not at NVC level (when people uploaded there UK police certificates) Immigration Department do these checks to safe time ? This isn't that hard  ... 

And one more thing Why "They" don't do required checks on immigrant applicant "IN USA" when file/case is at NVC waiting for interview or at USCIS waiting for approval , I don't see any harm in it , Applicant who never been to USA 100% don't have any record or Data in USA , so why not safe time ? Why NVC or other related/concerned department  don't send an email to other relevant department in USA and clear the applicant Data????? This will again save  money , effort , emotional stress , time , families can be untied earlier instead of going AP .. 

Given that you're a male from a 'special interest" country and you have a somewhat complicated travel history, they will scrutinize your background more, especially the time you spent in the U.K. You providing them a police certificate from the U.K means nothing. They will do what they have to do in order to verify and check everything with the U.K agencies. And fyi extensive background checks could take anywhere from 3-6 months to a year. Since you're a going with the visa process through the consulate, you're background and criminal checks are only initiated when you submit your fingerprints at the consulate on the day of your interview--that is the most efficient way otherwise you would be going back and forth to the consulate for fingerprints, interview and what not. If you were in the U.S applying for a green card through adjustment of status, they would capture your fingerprints and conduct background checks before your interview. Oh and who said they wont check your record in the U.S even if you haven't ever been there.

13 hours ago, bondy88 said:

Given that you're a male from a 'special interest" country and you have a somewhat complicated travel history, they will scrutinize your background more, especially the time you spent in the U.K. You providing them a police certificate from the U.K means nothing. They will do what they have to do in order to verify and check everything with the U.K agencies. And fyi extensive background checks could take anywhere from 3-6 months to a year. Since you're a going with the visa process through the consulate, you're background and criminal checks are only initiated when you submit your fingerprints at the consulate on the day of your interview--that is the most efficient way otherwise you would be going back and forth to the consulate for fingerprints, interview and what not. If you were in the U.S applying for a green card through adjustment of status, they would capture your fingerprints and conduct background checks before your interview. Oh and who said they wont check your record in the U.S even if you haven't ever been there.

So , Look like This will take time .. Any idea what will they verify and check with UK Agencies ? Which Agencies are involved ? I am very hopeful and praying if they start checks quickly so then UK Agencies can provide them info quickly , I am clean person , Have  no tension or worries ,, My only worry is time , This been already too long (waited 3 years for interview).. 

I hope and pray security checks get priority bases on category and PD  ....  

Thanks for your response...  

Hello Every one . 

Thanks every one for answering and participating in my thread.  Again I am here with few questions I hope you all will answer and help me out 

#1: What is case status update on CEAC ?

#2: What this means ?

#3: How significant this is for applicant in AP ?

#4: How often one can get this case status update?

#5: When can I expect my first update after submitting Ds-5535 ?

#6:Do I need to worry if I don't get any update in 2 weeks (Mine is showing the date of my interview (Is this means no update ). 

#7:How will I know Embassy received my Ds-5535 and the form is correct and got accepted ?

For info I haven't received any email from them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.