Hopeful76

NVC Welcome Letter for K-1 Visa?

5 posts in this topic

We received our NOA 2 (K-1 Visa, Philippines)  about 3 weeks ago and our wondering if and when we will receive a welcome letter from the NVC.  Can anyone share their recent experience of how and when the NVC will notify us and give us a case number?  Will we receive an email, letter, or both?  Should we be notified when the NVC first receives our case or once it has been sent to the embassy?  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You will probably (maybe) get an email from NVC when they send your case to Manila.  I did.  It takes weeks to months for NVC to receive the case from USCIS.  Once NVC receives it, it takes a few weeks for them to assign the case number.  You can use the NVC public inquiry for to ask them if they have received your case and also to request your case number.  It takes them a few days to respond, but they will.  They will not automatically send you notification that they received it.  You have to ask them.

Timeline

Thanks above, I’m behind you a few months. Some of the acronyms, form reference & abbreviations have me searching to be ready for the next steps. My initial file was Jan 19th. I just want to be ready when the next steps come up.

I plan a trip to Manila in early March, she will fly in from an outlying city. I plan to bring some things, copies to help, then a list of things to have on hand for later. 

Here’s a question, if one gets a ‘RFI’(info) is it usually at the USCIS stage, NVC or either?? 

Timeline

Typically there are no RFEs from NVCs. If your I-129F was approved, USCIS is done with you. Embassy can issue Embassy version of RFE using from 221 though if some documents are missing during interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.