125 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, midsummer said:

We received a text message on Feb 29th. A copy of part of the documentation we sent was added to the portal the same day. A couple of the pages they scanned in are nearly unreadable so I'm wondering whether to upload a fresh copy of just those two pages because the digital scan is so bad. The printed copies we sent were legible. 

March 2nd status was changed to actively reviewed, biometrics reused, and an extension letter has been sent. 

Don't bother resending / reuploading unless directed to. It's a known issue (missing pages etc).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We received the 48 Month extension letter on 9th Feb and still waiting for the next notice about Biometrics.  Should I be concerned that it has been a month since the NOA1 and still not given the biomertics notice?  The online status only shows the case received and NOA1 sent.

2/28 - package sent

3/5 - status changed online to received

3/6 - received text message 

3/7 - cheque cashed and some of package available to view online

3/8 - Biometrics reuse and extension letter available online (Nebraska Service Centre) 

1 hour ago, Verocopter said:

Does anyone know if there is a logic behind who has to redo biometrics and who doesn't? 

I'm sure there is but only an algorithm inside USCIS knows it. It's not disclosed to public. Always assume you have to submit biometrics, as reuse is not guaranteed. I think in the past before COVID, everybody had to do biometrics.

Timeline
On 3/8/2024 at 3:08 PM, Vabsmith said:

We received the 48 Month extension letter on 9th Feb and still waiting for the next notice about Biometrics.  Should I be concerned that it has been a month since the NOA1 and still not given the biomertics notice?  The online status only shows the case received and NOA1 sent.

Bumping to see if there are any opinions /suggestions?

I am trying to reach ASk Emma /call uscis but wanted to see your suggestions/recommendations.

It has been a month since we received the NOA1 and we are still waiting for the biometrics notice..... I see most others getting biometrics reuse or biometrics appointment much sooner after the NOA1.

1 hour ago, CoastingtoAOS said:

We sent our ROC package to Phoenix AZ on Mar 5 and it was delivered Mar 6 at 1pm. This is Monday (3/11) and we have not heard anything. Check has not been cashed and no texts yet. Anyone have any idea for the timeline to NOA at this lockbox? 

IMG_1794.jpeg

That's normal. Can take few weeks for check to be cashed. 4-6 weeks to receive notice in the mail.

Updates as of now 

26 Feb 2024 : Mailed I-751 by Fedex 

27 Feb 2024 : Delivered 

29 Feb 2024 : Credit Card charged

02 March 2024 : Text Message with case number received

05 March 2024 : Receipt available online and biometrics scheduled for 3/11

11 March 2024 : Biometric done and Extension letter/ receipt notice received via mail( Texas services center)

1 hour ago, Gary 007 said:

Updates as of now 

26 Feb 2024 : Mailed I-751 by Fedex 

27 Feb 2024 : Delivered 

29 Feb 2024 : Credit Card charged

02 March 2024 : Text Message with case number received

05 March 2024 : Receipt available online and biometrics scheduled for 3/11

11 March 2024 : Biometric done and Extension letter/ receipt notice received via mail( Texas services center)

Phoenix lockbox?

On 3/8/2024 at 7:54 AM, AW1704 said:

2/28 - package sent

3/8 - Biometrics reuse and extension letter available online (Nebraska Service Centre) 

3/15 - Biometrics reuse letter received in mail 

2/28 - package sent

3/15 - Biometrics reuse letter received in mail 
3/18 - Extension letter received in mail

Timeline

We received the 48 Month extension letter on 9th Feb and still waiting for the next notice about Biometrics.  Should I be concerned that it has been a month since the NOA1 and still not given the biomertics notice?  The online status only shows the case received and NOA1 sent. I checked with ask emma live agent and they said - when the case is ready for biometrics they will send us a notice... It looks un-usual. Anyone else in the same boat?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.