Laure&Colin

N-400 February 2024 Filers

969 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, minivatreni said:

Hi all, my Oath ceremony took place today in Chicago. It took about 1.5 hour from start to finish. It was a nice ceremony, and the judge gave a speech for about 10 minutes before swearing us in and doing the Oath. Everyone's families were there and it was a joyous moment. Afterward, I went straight to USPS and submitted a passport application with name change. 

Feels surreal that I am finally a US citizen!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
4 hours ago, ctrlplm said:

Not sure if anyone here has Global Entry, but if you need to update your GE after citizenship / name change, you can contact CBP via the portal and send them scans via email. Took them about 2 weeks to process my request but I didn't have to go to the enrollment center.

• Go to ttp.cbp.dhs.gov
  • At the bottom of the page where it shows CBP Support, click on "For help with Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST"
  • It will open a new page for CBP Customer Service. Click on "Ask A Question" which will bring up a fillable form
  • Under "Topic" choose "Trusted Traveler Programs (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, and FAST)"
  • Under "Applicable Issues", choose "Change my name due to marriage/divorce/legal"
  • Under "TTP Programs", choose "Global Entry" - this includes TSA Pre Check
  • Fill in the rest of the information
  • They'll send you an email requesting documents
  • You can send them the N400 certificate or court order for name change and the US passport

This is perfect. I have to update mine! 

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 (w/ name change) on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 
  • Interview at Chicago FO on 06/10/2024 
  • Oath Ceremony on 07/15/2024
  • Applied for Expedited US Passport at USPS on 07/15/2024
  • PASSPORT RECEIVED on 07/26/2024 🇺🇸

Hello, USCIS deschedule my interview 2 weeks before interview due of unforseen circustances and still after 3 months since they canceled my interview I didn’t get new date for interview.

Still wait for rescheduling.

Does anybody has same experience and how long people wait to get reschedule.

Thank you

02/16/24 filling N-400

03/22/24 interview date for 05/09/24

04/23/24 interview canceled

still wait !!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Oskar1234 said:

Hello, USCIS deschedule my interview 2 weeks before interview due of unforseen circustances and still after 3 months since they canceled my interview I didn’t get new date for interview.

Still wait for rescheduling.

Does anybody has same experience and how long people wait to get reschedule.

Thank you

02/16/24 filling N-400

03/22/24 interview date for 05/09/24

04/23/24 interview canceled

still wait !!!!

Have you considered contacting your US Senator's office to ask that they investigate?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Oskar1234 said:

No, I didn’t.

I don’t know how to do that?

How to contact?

Thank you

Google your US Senator, and find the link for immigration or government agency issues help.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, famozna_lavanda said:

Oath ceremony completed today - naturalization certificate in hand. Applying for expedited passport tomorrow. 
Ceremony itself very underwhelming, two videos and Oath of Allegiance. When they read countries we come from she said Siberia instead of Serbia for mine lol. Other than that very straightforward and super short - got there at 11:30 it started at 12:00 we were in front of the building at 12:12. 

Čestitam! 

On 6/17/2024 at 3:39 PM, MrsOli said:

Oath ceremony has been scheduled for July 19th, NYC

And just like that hubby is done. We got there late but fortunately there were still people being let in. Since he was already one of the last individuals to enter, number 160, it took a while for him to receive his naturalization paper. But he's done. Now for him to obtain his passport. 🙏🏻🙏🏼🙏🏾🙏🏿🙏

Timeline

For those who got a passport did you use the tracker to track it? If yes, how long did it take to show up?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, minivatreni said:

For those who got a passport did you use the tracker to track it? If yes, how long did it take to show up?

For me it took about 4 days from the day of my appointment at the post office before the tracker showed "received" status. If I remember well, I applied on a Monday and the update happened on the Friday morning.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
03/27/12: interview at Paris embassy - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Passport

06/10/24: application submitted at post office for passport book and card, paid for expedited processing and shipping

06/24/24: received email notification that passport was approved, then shipped with tracking number

06/25/24: passport received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.