Laure&Colin

N-400 February 2024 Filers

972 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, happydoctor said:

It’s  hard to say . The officer definitely read the questions from the computer and then typed exactly what I answered. To me it looked like questions were chosen randomly by their program . Same about reading and writing , I guess. 

That's exactly what I was about to reply. I didn't see any indication that the officer was choosing questions, but of course I couldn't see his screen.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
03/27/12: interview at Paris embassy - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Passport

06/10/24: application submitted at post office for passport book and card, paid for expedited processing and shipping

06/24/24: received email notification that passport was approved, then shipped with tracking number

06/25/24: passport received

Just passed my interview - and got scheduled for same day oath as well. The interview took 20 minutes maybe? I don’t remember how many questions they asked but the majority of the time was spent on logistic questions and updated the form (they updated some of my answers since I left them blanks apparently).

i decided to do a name change at the local court rather than via the ceremony since driving to USCIS isn’t fun 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Duggu said:

Update:

After waiting for more than 100 days , Interview finally got scheduled for June 26th ( San Jose, California ) 

Great news😊

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
41 minutes ago, crm2822 said:

Best of luck. In one of your previous posts u said your case was stuck in background checks. How did u know this? Did they tell u that?

No one can know that information. We are not privvy to it. 

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 (w/ name change) on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 
  • Interview at Chicago FO on 06/10/2024 
  • Oath Ceremony on 07/15/2024
  • Applied for Expedited US Passport at USPS on 07/15/2024
  • PASSPORT RECEIVED on 07/26/2024 🇺🇸

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, crm2822 said:

Best of luck. In one of your previous posts u said your case was stuck in background checks. How did u know this? Did they tell u that?

My spouse who filed with me, She was done with the entire process in first week of May ( interview/oath/passport).

She asked the IO why my interview is not scheduled yet (during her naturalization interview).  The IO told her my background checks are pending at NBC. There is no issue from San Jose field office. 

Field office can only schedule interview once background checks are done at NBC and they get a go ahead from NBC.  

Edited by Duggu

41 minutes ago, Duggu said:

My spouse who filed with me, She was done with the entire process in first week of May ( interview/oath/passport).

She asked the IO why my interview is not scheduled yet (during her naturalization interview).  The IO told her my background checks are pending at NBC. There is no issue from San Jose field office. 

Field office can only schedule interview once background checks are done at NBC and they get a go ahead from NBC.  

Ok thank you for sharing information. So it means field office pick the cases and schedules the interviews themselves versus NBC sending the cases to them and scheduling? Like pull vs push?

1 hour ago, Laure&Colin said:

@ctrlplm any news for your spouse's case?

Unfortunately not!! Still no movement. Not sure if it's because we put him down with his primary citizenship whereas he entered the US on the German passport, or whether he took a short 10 day trip home (I got the interview notice when he was out of the country), or whether his name is super common that's causing the delay

1 hour ago, Duggu said:

What? I didn't know you could've asked about my spouse's case as well!!! I guess I should've had the mind but I got up at 6AM and was super tired for the interview... 

Also here's my exprerience:

Arrived 30 minutes early but didn’t get called in 30 minutes after my assigned time slot. Can’t remember the questions because I was sleep deprived - the officer spent more time on the logistic questions - apparently I left some of the questions blank - not sure how I did that since I filled them out online. She updated the questions and verified the changes. Also, I asked the officer to remove “so help me god” part from my oath.

No name change and they told me to swear in the same day at 8:30. I actually have a judicial name change scheduled later with my local court - it's additional fee but saves me a lot of time.

The ceremony was… efficient. They did a group oath swearing, and it was a bit awkward for me to not do “so help me god” part when everyone else was saying it - not that it mattered since it was a lot of peple😅😅. I felt like I stood out too much.

And then they handed the certificates by calling out our names - felt like handing out candy to children a bit  😂.

The officer was funny though - made a few jokes in between the ceremonial and legalese parts of the ceremony. I thought it was a positive experience. 

The room was super crowded at the end when everyone was trying to take a photo with the sign - I ended up just leaving because I didn't want to line up and they needed to clear the room for other people. I wish they had a place to take photograph outside the venue though.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ctrlplm said:

Arrived 30 minutes early but didn’t get called in 30 minutes after my assigned time slot. Can’t remember the questions because I was sleep deprived - the officer spent more time on the logistic questions - apparently I left some of the questions blank - not sure how I did that since I filled them out online. She updated the questions and verified the changes. Also, I asked the officer to remove “so help me god” part from my oath.

Your oath ceremony sounds a bit like mine was. Quick and to-the-point but not very ceremonial.

Also, my interviewing officer corrected some blanks and errors on my form too, that I'm 100% sure I didn't make. When I saw the corrections on the tablet I was like "I definitely didn't do that though??". Like entering 0 in my total number of marriages instead of 1. The officer said almost everyone makes that mistake... which made me think that it was probably a bug with the online form.

CR1 Visa

ROC

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

Passport

06/10/24: application submitted at post office for passport book and card, paid for expedited processing and shipping

06/24/24: received email notification that passport was approved, then shipped with tracking number

1 minute ago, Laure&Colin said:

Also, my interviewing officer corrected some blanks and errors on my form too, that I'm 100% sure I didn't make. When I saw the corrections on the tablet I was like "I definitely didn't do that though??". Like entering 0 in my total number of marriages instead of 1. The officer said almost everyone makes that mistake... which made me think that it was probably a bug with the online form.

Oh you're right! I'm checking the copy of the PDF from the website and I definitely put 1 for the number of times in the PDF!! And yes, I had a couple of other questions blank as well - I'm pretty I would've noticed the gaps.

Screenshot2024-05-22at14_40_54.thumb.png.a950ddf33602f983bc1da52e57c08ed5.png

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ctrlplm said:

Oh you're right! I'm checking the copy of the PDF from the website and I definitely put 1 for the number of times in the PDF!! And yes, I had a couple of other questions blank as well - I'm pretty I would've noticed the gaps.

Yup, definitely a bug on their side. Good thing at the citizenship stage they can correct at interview without trouble or delay. I know they released a new version of the form since we filed, hopefully they fixed that.

CR1 Visa

ROC

Naturalization

Passport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.