Laure&Colin

N-400 February 2024 Filers

966 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Laure&Colin said:

Wow that sounds awesome! There's really huge variations in oath ceremonies. I wish they had a standard minimum "ceremoniousness" even for same-day oaths, lol!

Yeah it was pretty cool! Seems like that's not the standard even at the Field Office, though. The agent who interviewed us said that he wanted to finish our interview quick so there would still be room in the "special" ceremony. They said most are just at the USCIS office and not in the courthouse.

17 minutes ago, Laure&Colin said:

Updated tracker below with little flags for @vamphog and @brazibride 🥳

Personal update: I received an email saying that my passport was approved and is being printed. I paid for expedited shipping and it says I should receive it around Thursday.

Thank you as always for updating the tracker! Love to see the US flag next to my name. That's great news on the passport! When did you submit your application? I have an appointment for tomorrow and I'm scared of the whole "mail in your certificate of naturalization" situation, especially since I'll be moving during the expedited window (so I'm having it shipped to my job). Fingers crossed that all of our passports get processed quickly!

I-751 ROC
IOE receipt number – Assigned to YSC (Potomac Service Center)

2023-02-19 Eligible to file for ROC
2023-03-27 Package Sent
2023-03-31 Package Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 
2023-04-05 Email acceptance notification
2023-04-17 USCIS Letters - Biometrics reuse notice & online account info
2023-04-18 I-797 NOA: 48-month extension letter

N-400

2024-02-19 Eligible to file for Naturalization, Filed N-400 Online, Received Biometrics Reuse Notice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, brazibride said:

That's great news on the passport! When did you submit your application? I have an appointment for tomorrow and I'm scared of the whole "mail in your certificate of naturalization" situation, especially since I'll be moving during the expedited window (so I'm having it shipped to my job). Fingers crossed that all of our passports get processed quickly!

June 10. I couldn't get any earlier appointment, apparently there's only one post office in all of San Francisco that takes applications. I've now received another email saying it was shipped, with a tracking number. So I should get it within the next 2 days. Tracking number isn't active yet.

I was also not too excited about sending my original certificate but there's no way around it if you don't have immediate international travel plans... I'll feel better once I have my passport in hand!

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
03/27/12: interview at Paris embassy - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Passport

06/10/24: application submitted at post office for passport book and card, paid for expedited processing and shipping

06/24/24: received email notification that passport was approved, then shipped with tracking number

06/25/24: passport received

Timeline
2 hours ago, Laure&Colin said:

June 10. I couldn't get any earlier appointment, apparently there's only one post office in all of San Francisco that takes applications. I've now received another email saying it was shipped, with a tracking number. So I should get it within the next 2 days. Tracking number isn't active yet.

I was also not too excited about sending my original certificate but there's no way around it if you don't have immediate international travel plans... I'll feel better once I have my passport in hand!

Wow that's great, you really will get it within 2-3 weeks! Amazing. Assuming you expedited it?

I-751 ROC

2023-03-27 Package Sent

N-400

2024-02-19 Eligible to file for Naturalization, Filed N-400 Online, Received Biometrics Reuse Notice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, Rekyrts said:

I have found that with government agencies, it is sometimes a good idea to gently prompt them with their own policies. Thankkfully, a lot of the relevant policy manuals are online. For example, the one that deal with this seems to be:

I remember having to deal with SSA a while back, and being turned away because the staff onsite didn't know of an Emergency Message that had just been piblished the week before. So, I found the relevant policy, emailed a regional supervisor (explained the issue, and really didn't complain too much about the overworked onsite staffers who perhaps missed the policy update), and got a phone call that afternoon inviting me to come over and get the changes made.

They should know this stuff, and I shouldn't have had to show it to them, but hey...

Great resource...thanks! Yeah, I LOVE doing other people's work. The supervisor of the office SHOULD be checking the info instead of dismissing. Guess that's what happens when I use a local office (small town) instead of a busier one. Will try with them again. If they can't figure it out, I'm just going to go to a bigger office where they have more experience with this stuff. Let the good times roll! 

Oath ceremony completed (Detroit): 06/17/24

N-400 Interview completed 05/29/2024 (Detroit): N-400 approved; I-751 approved; received notice that Oath Ceremony scheduled for 06/17/2024 (Detroit)

NOA updated online 04/18/24 for N-400: Interview scheduled for 05/29/24

NOA received 03/04/24 confirming N-400 application and reuse of biometrics

Biometrics being reused for N-400: Notification online 02/28/024

N-400 Application Accepted: 02/15/2024; Notified by text 02/20/2024

I-751 Amendment Request of Jointly Filed I-751 to Waiver: Delivered 09/09/2023 with hard copy of docs; wasn't able to upload docs till 01/30/2024 due to glitch in their system

Notice Green Card Extended for 48 months: 03/11/2023

I-751 Petition To Remove Conditions on Residence (Jointly Filed)Application Accepted: 03/06/2023; Biometrics being reused

Conditional Green Card: granted 05/14/2021

Timeline
1 hour ago, brazibride said:

Wow that's great, you really will get it within 2-3 weeks! Amazing. Assuming you expedited it?

I did pay for expedited processing and for expedited shipping. It's 2 different, additional charges.

CR1 Visa

ROC

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

Passport

06/10/24: application submitted at post office for passport book and card, paid for expedited processing and shipping

06/24/24: received email notification that passport was approved, then shipped with tracking number

Timeline
15 hours ago, Laure&Colin said:

I did pay for expedited processing and for expedited shipping. It's 2 different, additional charges.

Cool! Yes. I just submitted my application today. Also expedited the processing and the shipping. The intake person said I can expect it between July 12th and July 23rd. Fingers crossed!

I-751 ROC

2023-03-27 Package Sent

N-400

17 minutes ago, Laure&Colin said:

Passport arrived! 🥳

I thought it was shipped with signature requested, but no, it was just shoved in my mailbox. Anyways, there are no mistakes on it thankfully and it looks fancy. Way different from my husband's old one which just expired.

Congrats! Did you get a regular or large passport book? Did you get a passport card too or just passport?

Timeline
27 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Congrats! Did you get a regular or large passport book? Did you get a passport card too or just passport?

I don't know the difference between regular and large so I'm not sure. I didn't make any specific requests so I guess it's regular?

I also applied for a passport card, the guy at the post office said it would come separately later.

CR1 Visa

ROC

Naturalization

Passport

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

I hope it doesn't take too long to hear back regarding my oath ceremony... I did request a name change so now I fear it's going to take a while. Chicago FO here. Been waiting just over 2 weeks. Hope I hear back soon 😅

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 (w/ name change) on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 
  • Interview at Chicago FO on 06/10/2024 
  • Oath Ceremony on 07/15/2024
  • Applied for Expedited US Passport at USPS on 07/15/2024
  • PASSPORT RECEIVED on 07/26/2024 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Laure&Colin said:

I don't know the difference between regular and large so I'm not sure. I didn't make any specific requests so I guess it's regular?

I also applied for a passport card, the guy at the post office said it would come separately later.

When you apply for passport you have an option to get a regular passport or large book. The only difference, the large has way more pages, so you won't run out of them as quickly. It's the same price.

39 minutes ago, OldUser said:

When you apply for passport you have an option to get a regular passport or large book. The only difference, the large has way more pages, so you won't run out of them as quickly. It's the same price.

To add: it's possible you don't get the option if you apply for emergency passport. Did you do that @Laure&Colin?

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
14 minutes ago, OldUser said:

To add: it's possible you don't get the option if you apply for emergency passport. Did you do that @Laure&Colin?

No I applied at the post office, just paid to expedite. I don't remember the option to ask for more pages, but I filled the form long before my appointment so maybe I just forgot.

CR1 Visa

ROC

Naturalization

Passport

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
56 minutes ago, famozna_lavanda said:

Personal update: had my interview today and I passed. 
Was asked the most basic information about myself - name birthday country of birth and most basic information about my spouse - name birthday and marriage anniversary. Wasn’t asked anything about the travels, work history, marriage... After that officer asked me literally 3 yes and no questions and gave me a paper that said a decision cannot be made at this time. 
By the time I came home my online account was updated twice - application recommended for approval and oath will be scheduled.

When I got home I started crying because it just feels so unreal to be able to say I am almost done after long 7 years of this immigration journey. Good luck to everyone!

No Civics questions?

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.