Laure&Colin

N-400 February 2024 Filers

969 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, happydoctor said:

Someone in the forum mentioned that we can’t get the passport the same day as the Oath ceremony….? They said we need to wait 10 days and frost notify SS office . 

That is for SSN /DMV records. Passport you can apply same day, no problem. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, happydoctor said:

Hi! Could you please explain step by step how to do that ? What city destination in Mexico to choose ? Let’s say a person has an Oath ceremony on 6/20. When does he needs to book a ticket , when make an appointment with a passport agency , and when to cancel the flight ? 
Thank you .

Keep your passport form filled up . Any destination in mexico can do.  Book on 06/19 for flight date 06/21 or 06/22 . Passport appointment you can book 10 days before , so you can book on anytime 06/10 . If you dont wana fly , You can cancel the ticket 24 hours for full refund ( southwest policy ) . Other airlines have different cancellation policies. for us , Passport agency people just asked the travel dates,  didnt even look at the reservation. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Comment which repeated a quote and reply 10+ times removed****Comment which repeated a quote and reply 20+ times removed*  Please do not repeat the same quote and reply****

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Duggu said:

Keep your passport form filled up . Any destination in mexico can do.  Book on 06/19 for flight date 06/21 or 06/22 . Passport appointment you can book 10 days before , so you can book on anytime 06/10 . If you dont wana fly , You can cancel the ticket 24 hours for full refund ( southwest policy ) . Other airlines have different cancellation policies. for us , Passport agency people just asked the travel dates,  didnt even look at the reservation. 

So they didn’t even ask you for proof of a reservation?😂 Probably because when you applied for the appointment you had to provide proof maybe that’s why. 

They won’t know if I buy a flight and then cancel it just for an appt right? 

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 (w/ name change) on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 
  • Interview at Chicago FO on 06/10/2024 
  • Oath Ceremony on 07/15/2024
  • Applied for Expedited US Passport at USPS on 07/15/2024
  • PASSPORT RECEIVED on 07/26/2024 🇺🇸

7 hours ago, happydoctor said:

Hi! Could you please explain step by step how to do that ? What city destination in Mexico to choose ? Let’s say a person has an Oath ceremony on 6/20. When does he needs to book a ticket , when make an appointment with a passport agency , and when to cancel the flight ? 
Thank you .

It is peak travel time now. Should we be concerned that if we game the system, folks with genuine travel/emergency needs would not get their passports on time?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
3 minutes ago, WozAnon - NM said:

It is peak travel time now. Should we be concerned that if we game the system, folks with genuine travel/emergency needs would not get their passports on time?

Yeah that was part of my thinking. Also I didn't feel great about "gaming the system" being my very first move after becoming a citizen 🤷🏻‍♀️

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
03/27/12: interview at Paris embassy - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Passport

06/10/24: application submitted at post office for passport book and card, paid for expedited processing and shipping

06/24/24: received email notification that passport was approved, then shipped with tracking number

06/25/24: passport received

Timeline
1 hour ago, Laure&Colin said:

Yeah that was part of my thinking. Also I didn't feel great about "gaming the system" being my very first move after becoming a citizen 🤷🏻‍♀️

Good thinking. 

1 hour ago, WozAnon - NM said:

Make sense. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Laure&Colin said:

My concern is that I need to go to Amsterdam in August. Seeing as things are I won’t get a passport in time for that trip, but still don’t meet the requirements for a one day passport. 

I probably will need to play it by ear and wait until it’s two weeks to my trip and then apply for an expedited passport 

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 (w/ name change) on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 
  • Interview at Chicago FO on 06/10/2024 
  • Oath Ceremony on 07/15/2024
  • Applied for Expedited US Passport at USPS on 07/15/2024
  • PASSPORT RECEIVED on 07/26/2024 🇺🇸

5 hours ago, crm2822 said:

@ctrlplm can you please reply to my post if possible? Thanks

I mentioned this in my post history. Didn't ask IO about my husband's case. My husband is German + another Western nationality - his background is as clean as possible. But maybe the dual nationality part made them squint (though we both have Global Entry so it's not like DHS hasn't run extensive checks on our backgrounds)

18 hours ago, Duggu said:

That is for SSN /DMV records. Passport you can apply same day, no problem. 

Thank you so much for your answers. So, 10 days after the Oath I need to go to SS office and dmv ? I don’t really understand why. Can someone please explain? 

02/08/2019 - Package was received .

18 hours ago, Duggu said:

So basically people just print a ticket reservation to show to the passport agency , and then they cancel it right away ? 

02/08/2019 - Package was received .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.