Laure&Colin

N-400 February 2024 Filers

970 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

Since ours was a combo interview, I took updated marriage evidence from time of I-751 submission. I took tax transcripts, even though I had uploaded them. 

Got it. Did they specifically ask for tax transcripts or any of those documents during the interview? I think I'll take a copy of the transcripts just to be safe, along with the other I-751 documents. Our interview is this Thursday, and so far, we haven't received any notifications or emails indicating it's a combo interview, but we are planning as if it will be one. 🤞

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jish&Abt said:

Got it. Did they specifically ask for tax transcripts or any of those documents during the interview? I think I'll take a copy of the transcripts just to be safe, along with the other I-751 documents. Our interview is this Thursday, and so far, we haven't received any notifications or emails indicating it's a combo interview, but we are planning as if it will be one. 🤞

Definitely take the tax transcripts, especially if you didn't upload them. Just a couple weeks ago someone interviewing in San Francisco was missing evidence of filing taxes for one year and could not be approved.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
03/27/12: interview at Paris embassy - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Passport

06/10/24: application submitted at post office for passport book and card, paid for expedited processing and shipping

06/24/24: received email notification that passport was approved, then shipped with tracking number

06/25/24: passport received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Laure&Colin said:

Definitely take the tax transcripts, especially if you didn't upload them. Just a couple weeks ago someone interviewing in San Francisco was missing evidence of filing taxes for one year and could not be approved.

I just downloaded the tax transcripts for the last three years. Can I simply upload them instead of bringing hard copies with me?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Jish&Abt said:

I just downloaded the tax transcripts for the last three years. Can I simply upload them instead of bringing hard copies with me?

do both 

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 (w/ name change) on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 
  • Interview at Chicago FO on 06/10/2024 
  • Oath Ceremony on 07/15/2024
  • Applied for Expedited US Passport at USPS on 07/15/2024
  • PASSPORT RECEIVED on 07/26/2024 🇺🇸

On 5/19/2024 at 8:46 PM, Laure&Colin said:

Congrats! If there's one thing I learned throughout the immigration process, it's that there is no small talk. When it feels like small talk, it just means that the officer is really good at getting information in a friendly, sneaky manner, lol! Let us know once you hear back, hopefully soon.

Yeah. I was cautious but also wanted to keep it conversational.

I got an update this morning that my card is being produced for I-751 and my N-400 was updated the Oath Ceremony will be scheduled. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Fingers crossed for @AndrewSeattle and @koski who both have their interviews today!  🤞

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
03/27/12: interview at Paris embassy - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Passport

06/10/24: application submitted at post office for passport book and card, paid for expedited processing and shipping

06/24/24: received email notification that passport was approved, then shipped with tracking number

06/25/24: passport received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Posted (edited)

Does anyone know if the IO picks the civics test questions or if the system picks the question for them? 

Edited by minivatreni
  • Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 (w/ name change) on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 
  • Interview at Chicago FO on 06/10/2024 
  • Oath Ceremony on 07/15/2024
  • Applied for Expedited US Passport at USPS on 07/15/2024
  • PASSPORT RECEIVED on 07/26/2024 🇺🇸

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, minivatreni said:

Does anyone know if the IO picks the civics test questions or if the system picks the question for them? 

It’s  hard to say . The officer definitely read the questions from the computer and then typed exactly what I answered. To me it looked like questions were chosen randomly by their program . Same about reading and writing , I guess. 

Edited by happydoctor

02/08/2019 - Package was received .

4 hours ago, AndrewSeattle said:

Thank you so much @Laure&Colin!

I just came back from the USCIS office as a citizen. My appointment was 9:25am so I got there around 9am however I waited until ~11:10am.

The officer asked questions really quickly and I answered very quickly (the common questions from the list of 100) so it took less than 10 minutes. In the end, she told me the last ceremony today will be 11:30am (usually 4:30pm) so she intentionally went through things faster so I could attend the oath ceremony without an extra trip. I really appreciated her kindness and received the naturalization certificate before noon. What a journy!

I wish everyone best of luck.

Congratulations! Now we’re jealous because we have to wait to get an Oath ceremony for weeks 🫣

02/08/2019 - Package was received .

4 hours ago, AndrewSeattle said:

I just came back from the USCIS office as a citizen. My appointment was 9:25am so I got there around 9am however I waited until ~11:10am.

The officer asked questions really quickly and I answered very quickly (the common questions from the list of 100) so it took less than 10 minutes. In the end, she told me the last ceremony today will be 11:30am (usually 4:30pm) so she intentionally went through things faster so I could attend the oath ceremony without an extra trip. I really appreciated her kindness and received the naturalization certificate before noon. What a journy!

Congrats! I applied on 03/13 and still waiting for interview in Seattle. Your case was quick. You got your green card based on marriage or employment? Do you know about others from Seattle area who applied in Feb/March and what is their status? Was Seattle office crowded with people who had interviews today? And which part of Seattle you live in? I have heard some cases from south of seattle can be assigned to Portland office. Sorry for so many questions

6 hours ago, AndrewSeattle said:

@AndrewSeattle 

Congrats! I applied on 03/13 and still waiting for interview in Seattle. Your case was quick. You got your green card based on marriage or employment? Do you know about others from Seattle area who applied in Feb/March and what is their status? Was Seattle office crowded with people who had interviews today? And which part of Seattle you live in? I have heard some cases from south of seattle can be assigned to Portland office. Sorry for so many questions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, crm2822 said:

Congrats! I applied on 03/13 and still waiting for interview in Seattle. Your case was quick. You got your green card based on marriage or employment? Do you know about others from Seattle area who applied in Feb/March and what is their status? Was Seattle office crowded with people who had interviews today? And which part of Seattle you live in? I have heard some cases from south of seattle can be assigned to Portland office. Sorry for so many questions

Your turn will come soon.

My green card was employment based and I don't have any complications  like traffic tickets or stayed out of country for too long so my interview was very straightforward, probably one of the simplest cases from interviewer's perspective. The only question related to my job was if I am still working for the same company and the answer is yes.

I don't know anyone is waiting for naturalization interview so no idea.

The field office was crowded today, the waiting area was probably at 80% of its capacity. I assumed I will be called at my appointment time but that's not the case. Everyone gets a number when checked in and they call us relatively in order, something like 50, 47, 53, 51, 55... I guess you might finish interview before your appointment time if you get there early.

I live in downtown Seattle and I never heard they assign applicants to Portland office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, happydoctor said:

Congratulations! Now we’re jealous because we have to wait to get an Oath ceremony for weeks 🫣

I hope more places do same day oath. I really liked it because the round trip took me about 50 minutes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.