madmanmike

January 2024 - AOS Filers

145 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, madmanmike said:

I don’t know where you heard that. We sent ours to Pheonix, as per the USCIS website. UPS. But ours has disappeared. It was confirmed received in Tempe, at the ‘dock’ by a guy named De Jesus, 2 weeks ago, and then…. Nothing. Check has not been cashed. No text. No email. No returned papers. Nothing. Just POOF. Disappeared. . 

Rather frustrating when others that sent theirs the same time to Chicago box already have biometrics scheduled. 

I’m currently in the same position. I sent mine to the Lockbox in Chicago with UPS. It was delivered to the mailroom and signed by someone on Jan 31st, still have yet to hear anything from USCIS. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, KaitlinL said:

I’m currently in the same position. I sent mine to the Lockbox in Chicago with UPS. It was delivered to the mailroom and signed by someone on Jan 31st, still have yet to hear anything from USCIS. 

Heh heh. Is that not the most  frustrating thing in the world? Watching others getting their biometrics already and we wait for a simple notification that they got our papers? Ugh. 

😭 I mean, good for them. But, COME ON! Maybe it’s a UPS thing…

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, madmanmike said:

Heh heh. Is that not the most  frustrating thing in the world? Watching others getting their biometrics already and we wait for a simple notification that they got our papers? Ugh. 

Oh it’s incredibly frustrating 😅 Chicago seemed to be moving kinda quickly with other people so I had high hopes, but they really proved me wrong haha. 
I’m hoping it just hasn’t been put in yet and it’s not just lost in a mail room somewhere.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, KaitlinL said:

Did you put in credit card payment?
We had an issue with our first mailing. It got delivered but later we learned credit card was declined thinking it was a fraudulent charge (lock box address). We sent another package with check. That worked.
Just as a possibility.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
3 hours ago, madmanmike said:

We sent it via UPS. I ALWAYS send all immigration documents with the fastest service and tracking. It worked like a charm every time. On average 3-4 business days is all it takes to cash the check. We just had the biometrics done.

Good luck to you all!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Eddie101 said:

We had an issue with our first mailing. It got delivered but later we learned credit card was declined thinking it was a fraudulent charge (lock box address). We sent another package with check. That worked.
Just as a possibility.

We sent a check!

Timeline
1 hour ago, KaitlinL said:

We sent a check!

2 hours ago, Eddie101 said:

Just as a possibility.

Did you get an update letting you know it was declined? Or did you just eventually send a new one and it went through?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, KaitlinL said:

Did you get an update letting you know it was declined? Or did you just eventually send a new one and it went through?

In our case, we sent a check in our package via UPS and have received absolutely nothing. No refusal, rejection, notification, package return. Nothing at all. It got signed for by De Jesus at the dock, then disappeared. 

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, madmanmike said:

In our case, we sent a check in our package via UPS and have received absolutely nothing. No refusal, rejection, notification, package return. Nothing at all. It got signed for by De Jesus at the dock, then disappeared. 

There’s someone else I’ve been talking to and hers was delivered to the mail room on Monday, and today her check she sent in with the application is “pending”, so she got some movement possibly! 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, KaitlinL said:

By accident we saw the text with the declined CC transaction. Knowing they wont try again I just send a new package immediately.
The note that the first one was declined took quite a while, probably 4 weeks.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, madmanmike said:

So this De Jesus was the one who signed for UPS? We had something similar but after about 8 days got a text with the case number.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Eddie101 said:

By accident we saw the text with the declined CC transaction. Knowing they wont try again I just send a new package immediately.
The note that the first one was declined took quite a while, probably 4 weeks.

What kind of note did you finally receive after 4 weeks? Text, email, snail mail?

Timeline
Just now, Eddie101 said:

So this De Jesus was the one who signed for UPS? We had something similar but after about 8 days got a text with the case number.

Yes. The UPS tracking noted delivery to the dock and was signed for by De Jesus. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, madmanmike said:

What kind of note did you finally receive after 4 weeks? Text, email, snail mail?

Mail with the original package and a letter saying it was rejected because of the declined CC transaction.

1 minute ago, madmanmike said:

Yes. The UPS tracking noted delivery to the dock and was signed for by De Jesus. 

How long is that? We got something similar and about 8 or 10 days later a text with the case number.
The mail with the I797C took about 2 or 3 weeks. Also the letter with the online access code.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Eddie101 said:

Mail with the original package and a letter saying it was rejected because of the declined CC transaction.

How long is that? We got something similar and about 8 or 10 days later a text with the case number.
The mail with the I797C took about 2 or 3 weeks. Also the letter with the online access code.

Delivered 26 Jan. 2 weeks ago today. 

image.thumb.png.2fb8dfa10b0ba4b177b269c90f882c01.png

Edited by madmanmike

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.