Laura and Hamza

Waiting for welcome packet to schedule K1 interview in Casablanca, Morocco

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

I'm new here! My fiance and I are very stressed out and pretty desperate for answers. My 129F petition was approved in June, and our file was sent from the NVC to the Consulate's office in Casablanca, Morocco on Sept 12, 2023. We have heard NOTHING from the consulate thus far. We've sent emails and called but everything leads us in circles. We don't have any answers. We're waiting for our welcome packet so we can move forward. 

Our lawyer thinks we definitely should have heard from them by now. As a matter of fact, I've checked some other profiles/timelines on this site, and other K1 filers in Casablanca, Morocco have already received an interview date despite having their file sent over after ours. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. 

I have also tried reaching out to 2 of my local congresspeople but haven't heard from them either (MA). 

Does anyone have any insight? Any other people I could reach out to?

Also, we filed our DS-160 and paid the interview fee. Are we missing anything that could be holding up the process?

THANK YOU for any help/guidance you can offer us. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Laura and Hamza said:

Hi Everyone, 

I'm new here! My fiance and I are very stressed out and pretty desperate for answers. My 129F petition was approved in June, and our file was sent from the NVC to the Consulate's office in Casablanca, Morocco on Sept 12, 2023. We have heard NOTHING from the consulate thus far. We've sent emails and called but everything leads us in circles. We don't have any answers. We're waiting for our welcome packet so we can move forward. 

Our lawyer thinks we definitely should have heard from them by now. As a matter of fact, I've checked some other profiles/timelines on this site, and other K1 filers in Casablanca, Morocco have already received an interview date despite having their file sent over after ours. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. 

I have also tried reaching out to 2 of my local congresspeople but haven't heard from them either (MA). 

Also, we filed our DS-160 and paid the interview fee. Are we missing anything that could be holding up the process?

Hi ! We filed in Feb 2022 and our case has been in Casablanca since JULY 2023. I have voiced out the same thing you have and my lawyer and congressman are getting nowhere with the Visa Unit in Casablanca they are pretty much telling us to wait in line . And it’s disheartening because there are people who filed months after us and got interviews which is such an injustice. This whole process is messed up. These people are playing with our lives and it’s an endless waiting game. We already have gone over the normal processing time that says on the casablanca site of 3-6 months. We are heading toward month 7 of waiting since our case landed in their hands. Hang in there. There are so many others like us waiting. 

Timeline

Hey I do not know if this will help but I want to share what me and my fiancé did I am based in NYC don't know if that makes a difference but I called the call center and had them escalate our case. When that did not get us any results we began to email, we emailed them from both mine and his email everyday. I know it sounds excessive but we did it. I then reached out to the senator of NYC and they sent over two emails to the Casablanca embassy. What I did notice is that on the ceac account the date will update 2 times before you get an interview date. From what I heard your case goes through two people before it gets to an actual officer. Not sure if its true but thats what I heard. Also they replied to my fiancé's email about getting a visa interview date and cc me in it. Highly suggest emailing from his and your email. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 1/18/2024 at 6:58 PM, Laura and Hamza said:

Hi Everyone, 

You reached out to Senator.   did you sign  a release form for Senator to contact embassy?  BTW  Senator can not do anything except relate to u the last info u received which will say "case forwarded to embassy"

Silly question i know but have u checked spam or junk mail?

Casa phone times below:

Monday - Friday from 8:00 - 17:00

NOTE:
Due to work volume, phone inquiries to our staff in Casablanca will be accepted Tuesday and Thursday between 2 pm and 4 pm at (+212) 0522-26-45-50 for all immigrant visa questions. Staff in Casablanca can speak with you in English, French, or Arabic.

Ext 4101 for immigrant visa department tues and Thursday

meantime

Originals of the following are needed

USC complete those 2023 tax returns,  u may be scheduled after April 15th (need copy of them and any W2's)

complete the I 134 which is needed for the interview 

Copy (only) of US residency like state ID or DL

Moroccan

get the 2 criminal reports done and have them translated into English (both original and English are needed)

• Police certificate (fiche anthropometrique) and English translation
  • Court record (casier judiciare) and English translation

check the following for all other documents needed for the interview

https://ma.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Saying all this because many do not take all the documents and are put in AP (refused by CEAC  site) till embassy receives and reviews (and this takes forever)

allah yekbel

it also says no interviews during Us and Moroccan holidays but they do interview during Ramadan 

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline

Update: I forgot to mention that I reached out to the senator and he didn’t do anything to help me. Case has been escalated with the call center since August 2023. I think it all depends on who touches your case at the embassy because some just don't want to help. We have exhausted everything possible. Congressman and my lawyer are getting the same thing from the embassy as well. 

15 hours ago, MonicainMarrakech said:

Update: I forgot to mention that I reached out to the senator and he didn’t do anything to help me. Case has been escalated with the call center since August 2023. I think it all depends on who touches your case at the embassy because some just don't want to help. We have exhausted everything possible. Congressman and my lawyer are getting the same thing from the embassy as well. 

Congressman, lawyers etc do not have power over US consulates / embassies when it comes to decisions. Nobody has a right to come to the US. Only a privilege, unfortunately.

Edited by OldUser

My fiancée and I are in the same boat. Our timelines are roughly the same. We’ve heard nothing back and the congressman was unhelpful. Just gave us the automatic answer from the embassy. It’s a stressful experience. We’ve gotten all the documentation ready and we’ve done everything they’ve asked us. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

seems K1 and spouse visa interviews are lost in the Casa system

last reports (stats) November 2023 show 2121 B1/B2 approved visas /that's 70 interviews a day  just for tourist visa 

only 18 K1 approved 

with 39 Cr1

134 dv

and 

74 IR1

this certainly is a concern as family reunification is suppose to be the priority /tourist visa (although usually for parents to visit ) should be put on the sideline

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

• 5 weeks later...

Our situation is the same as those above, as stated by Laura and Hamsa.   We received notice from the NVC on August 29, 2023, that my fiance's visa was sent to Casablanca.  As of this writing, February 22, 2024, we have heard NOTHING.   Our attorney has e-mailed the Consulate twice without receiving any response.  Our associates have offered 3 theories as to why the process is so slow, and we have no idea if any or all of these factors are in part to blame:

#1. Morocco is one of the countries eligible for the Diversity Lottery each year. Last year 4, 469 winners were notified and became subject to processing.   

#2. The backlog from the pandemic may still be an issue, as then President Donald Trump put a moratorium on all visa processing including K-1. It wasn't until President Biden took office that processing was reinstated. 

#3. The illegal immigrant crisis at the US southern border may be impacting the availability of staffing. 

(But we are hoping that this is not as much of an issue with visas that have already been sent to Morocco.)

There is a very disturbing video on YouTube that was posted by attorney Jim Hacking 3 years ago about the treatment of interviewees in Casablanca.  You can put "Jim Hacking What is Wrong with Casablanca Embassy?" in the YouTube search bar.  He says he has sued the embassy over 70 times on behalf of his clients because of the way they were treated.   On a more optimistic note, there have been some staffing changes since then, so perhaps things are a little better. Let's hope so!   

We wish everyone success in their visa journey.  Please post responses if you can offer any further insight into what's going on with the Morrocan Consulate and your particular situation.

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.