kitkat1

How long does it take to get your receipt in the mail?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I fed exed our K1 application with all the information to the Nebraska Service Center and it was received on March 23. The check was cashed on March 28. Just wondering when I will receive an actual receipt in the mail and if this receipt has the case number so I can obsessively check our status online?

Thanks in advance!

Our Timeline:

6-04 Fiance EWI from Mexico

12-05 Fiance returned to Mexico

3-22-06 Sent I-129F K1 Fiance Visa petition

3-23-06 Nebraska receives fed ex of petition

3-28-06 Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I fed exed our K1 application with all the information to the Nebraska Service Center and it was received on March 23. The check was cashed on March 28. Just wondering when I will receive an actual receipt in the mail and if this receipt has the case number so I can obsessively check our status online?

Thanks in advance!

Our Timeline:

3-28-06 Check cashed

It should be with you any day now :) if the check has been cashed I believe you can get a copy of that check from your bank and at the back they have the case number, it should start with LIN, we sent a money order so we waiting till we got the NOA1 in the mail :) Please could you also fill in your timeline as it is very im[portant to the statistics section of this forum, Thank you :)

Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

It should be any time now. You could try a timeline search to see what others' timeline at NSC was. Good luck

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks in advance!

Our Timeline:

3-28-06 Check cashed

It takes as long as it takes. :) Some people get it back in a couple days, some a couple weeks, there are some people who NEVER get it. I even saw someone on here who received their NOA1 AFTER they had already had their interview and moved to the US!

The online status is similar - most of the time it's pretty good, but there have been people here who have finished their AOS process and yet their online I-129F filing status still shows it is being adjudicated.

Just like every other stage of this process, it's determined by government bureaucrats, and it's rife with human error. Unfortunately.

The NOA1 receipt will have your case number that you require to check your status online. It will start with "LIN". If you get your cashed check back, this number should also be stamped on the back of your check.

Edited by gsmaclean

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for all the responses -- of course the minute I posted the question the receipt was in my mailbox!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Thanks for all the responses -- of course the minute I posted the question the receipt was in my mailbox!

There ya go lol i did the same thing worried my ### off and next thing the same day my fiance got the noa1 in the mail. Patience is needed in this game lol welcome now to the waiting game:)

Lina (ukc)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.