pro_chef_88

Name issue on I-192F approved petition

4 posts in this topic

Hi all

I am currently filling in my application for my police certificate and it asked for all names I've ever used. I remembered suddenly that as a child in primary school (ages 4-11) I went by a different last name, it was my stepdad's. It was never officially changed by deed poll and I went back to my original last name as a teenager onwards and it hasn't changed since.

Looking on the I-192F form we submitted where it asks for any other names used, we put N/A initially because I honestly had completely forgotten this short period of my time as it was never a formal change by deed poll.

Am I royally effed here because of this oversight on the petition? It has already been approved back in November and I am yet to fill out the D-160 which I will of course include this but I am terrified that this may cause a major issue.

TIA.

12 minutes ago, pro_chef_88 said:

Hi all

I am currently filling in my application for my police certificate and it asked for all names I've ever used. I remembered suddenly that as a child in primary school (ages 4-11) I went by a different last name, it was my stepdad's. It was never officially changed by deed poll and I went back to my original last name as a teenager onwards and it hasn't changed since.

Looking on the I-192F form we submitted where it asks for any other names used, we put N/A initially because I honestly had completely forgotten this short period of my time as it was never a formal change by deed poll.

Am I royally effed here because of this oversight on the petition? It has already been approved back in November and I am yet to fill out the D-160 which I will of course include this but I am terrified that this may cause a major issue.

TIA.

Firstly it is the I129f not 192f and no you are not royally effed.  

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, IWander said:

Firstly it is the I129f not 192f and no you are not royally effed.  

Thank you, that's me mis-typing in an absolute panic getting myself worked up. I am guessing it's the D-160 I should be more aware of? 

The name was never a legal change (I just went by it in school and on school documents for a couple of years, but it was never changed by deed poll or on my birth certificate) so I'm not sure whether to even include it?

Edited by pro_chef_88

1 hour ago, pro_chef_88 said:

Thank you, that's me mis-typing in an absolute panic getting myself worked up. I am guessing it's the D-160 I should be more aware of? 

The name was never a legal change (I just went by it in school and on school documents for a couple of years, but it was never changed by deed poll or on my birth certificate) so I'm not sure whether to even include it?

If you put it on then you incur an obligation to provide some sort of civil document confirming said change.  With that i think you understand the proper course of action.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.