CebuGuy

RFE Sent Recently But Deadline Coming Up

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

We finally gathered all the documentation we could for our I-485 RFE and submitted it. However, due to difficulties of getting all the documentation we submitted it recently during the holidays almost two weeks before the deadline. Tracking number shows someone (presumably a USCIS employee) picked it up on 12/26/23 from the Field Office PO Box at the Post Office. Deadline to submit RFE is Sunday 01/07/24 end of this week. We haven't received a notice of receipt or any updates yet and we are worried they might not look at it until after the deadline. Are we in the clear or in trouble? We are worried that they will deny our application if they look at our package after the deadline. Should we upload the same documentation to our USCIS online account just in case?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 8:28 PM, CebuGuy said:

Hello Everyone,

We finally gathered all the documentation we could for our I-485 RFE and submitted it. However, due to difficulties of getting all the documentation we submitted it recently during the holidays almost two weeks before the deadline. Tracking number shows someone (presumably a USCIS employee) picked it up on 12/26/23 from the Field Office PO Box at the Post Office. Deadline to submit RFE is Sunday 01/07/24 end of this week. We haven't received a notice of receipt or any updates yet and we are worried they might not look at it until after the deadline. Are we in the clear or in trouble? We are worried that they will deny our application if they look at our package after the deadline. Should we upload the same documentation to our USCIS online account just in case?

I am in a similar position except we didn’t send it tracked. Do you have an update? 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Lotti said:

I am in a similar position except we didn’t send it tracked. Do you have an update? 

Still no update. We are hoping to get a positive response soon.

Timeline

We finally got notice of receipt today. Our online account gave an update saying "On January 17, 2024 we received your Request for Evidence" with followup statements just saying they will review. I hope when they said they received it today they meant someone finally had time to review it and not that they accepted it as received today because it's well past the deadline and what our tracking says. Maybe the wording is unintentional but it's making us a tad bit worried.

Edited by CebuGuy

55 minutes ago, CebuGuy said:

We finally got notice of receipt today. Our online account gave an update saying "On January 17, 2024 we received your Request for Evidence" with followup statements just saying they will review. I hope when they said they received it today they meant someone finally had time to review it and not that they accepted it as received today because it's well past the deadline and what our tracking says. Maybe the wording is unintentional but it's making us a tad bit worried.

I don't think it was reviewed in full. I think it was just opened and realized that it's a response to RFE, then online system was updated as "received". It may take few months before somebody actually reads it and evaluates in a context of your case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 2:15 PM, CebuGuy said:

We finally got an update also past the deadline staying “we received your response… USCIS has begun working on your case again” we did speak to an agent before hand and she said it can take 60 days to get a response sometimes about RFE being received but definitely nerve racking once that deadline past. 

Timeline

Hello everyone. Just wanted to let you all know that we were recently approved! Thanks to everyone for all the help through the year not just on this post but others.

Edited by CebuGuy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.