ghostinthemachine

I-751 ROC Filers - January 2024

137 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, ghostinthemachine said:

Not sure where the "edit post" option went so apologies for double posting...

For you guys who have filed already - curious whether any of you decided to print on both sides? Just realised I printed all our electricity bills and phone bills double sided on accident. This package is already looking hefty and still missing a few things so I'm not sure if I really want to re-print all of this single sided 💀 

Also whilst we're here - how many pictures did you guys include? We did 20 for our AOS at the time, but honestly not sure how many, if any, the "norm" is for ROC these days.

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 19.51.40.png

If you still have a chance, reprint as one sided copies. Don't annoy the person scanning these docs in. They may not even do the job right with double sided copies.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
10 hours ago, ghostinthemachine said:

Not sure where the "edit post" option went so apologies for double posting...

For you guys who have filed already - curious whether any of you decided to print on both sides? Just realised I printed all our electricity bills and phone bills double sided on accident. This package is already looking hefty and still missing a few things so I'm not sure if I really want to re-print all of this single sided 💀 

Also whilst we're here - how many pictures did you guys include? We did 20 for our AOS at the time, but honestly not sure how many, if any, the "norm" is for ROC these days.

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 19.51.40.png

We have done double sided for supporting information in the past and did the same this time also. Never really had a problem with it. We keep the form single sided. 

For the photos, we opted on 1-2 per month (if possible ) after the AOS. Some months we didn't really do anything so we don't have a photo l to share. But made sure to include special occasions, family stuff or trips. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
15 hours ago, ghostinthemachine said:

If you have an online account with USCIS more often than not you will be able to access certain documents (such as receipt notices) through there these days, as well as receiving them by mail.

@syedashah this ^^^

When we did the AOS process we made a point to make an online ID and profile and since then we check there first. They find that they upload information there before any USPS mail is sent out. This may be specific to our case. But it's been consistent.

Hi everyone!

Here is our timeline:

1. Sent via USPS to Phoenix, AZ: 12/30/23
  2. Received: 1/2/24
  3. Check shows pending: 1/6/24.  Online USCIS account shows Notice of Receipt was sent with IOE#. Letter was not available for download.
  4. Check cleared: 1/9/24.  Documents available for download on USCIS online account. Notice of Receipt/48 months extension and reuse of biometrics document available for download on USCIS online account. Both letters were dated Jan 9.

Waiting for letters to come in the mail. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Finally received notification it was received as well! 

- 01/08: Package was delivered. 

- 01/10: Received text message from USCIS with case number.

When logging into my USCIS account, I am able to see all my old cases but if I try to add this new one, it asks for an Online Access Code, which I never saw before when I was doing AOS

Is there a way to get the Access Code without having to wait for my receipt notice to arrive in the mail? 

Thank you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi there! I sent my package, it was received on 2 Jan 2024, however I did not submit the text notification form, which I deeply regret. Furthermore I made the poor decision of using a cashiers check, so I do not know whether it has been cashed. It has been 9 days since any update, and I am seeing everyone getting their NOAs in 4-5 days, and some of you with NOAs arriving in a future date. How do you determine this? Will I be able to see an update on myUSCIS before the NOA1 letter arrives? Feeling anxious, thanks for reading 🥹

4 minutes ago, Deb123 said:

Hi there! I sent my package, it was received on 2 Jan 2024, however I did not submit the text notification form, which I deeply regret. Furthermore I made the poor decision of using a cashiers check, so I do not know whether it has been cashed. It has been 9 days since any update, and I am seeing everyone getting their NOAs in 4-5 days, and some of you with NOAs arriving in a future date. How do you determine this? Will I be able to see an update on myUSCIS before the NOA1 letter arrives? Feeling anxious, thanks for reading 🥹

People are getting copies of digital letters in their USCIS accounts. I doubt many filers from Jan 2024 received physical extension letters yet!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

People are getting copies of digital letters in their USCIS accounts. I doubt many filers from Jan 2024 received physical extension letters yet!

Yah, that's what I was guessing at the back of my head. That makes me more worried as I haven't gotten a digital letter either 😅

33 minutes ago, Deb123 said:

You might be able to contact the bank that issued your cashier's check to see if it was cashed. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, TGM said:

You might be able to contact the bank that issued your cashier's check to see if it was cashed. 

Thanks! I actually tried that, at least with wells fargo, you can't actually track a cashiers check because it has already be pre-deducted from the account

1 minute ago, Deb123 said:

Thanks! I actually tried that, at least with wells fargo, you can't actually track a cashiers check because it has already be pre-deducted from the account

Personal checks are always preferred for this reason. 

For all filers in Jan 2024 who are yet to submit their I-751: pay with personal check! Credit cards often get declined as fradulent charge and cashiers checks cannot be tracked.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.