Ana_

Humanitarian Request approved, what is next?

55 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Sam Shar said:

@Lymen USCIS reinstated our petition as you know so if someone tells you there is no such thing, it's not correct. They took two years for us but they reinstated the petition.  Not sure why your lawyer does not help in this case. You need to push them and clarify why not. They should be able to get response from USCIS 

We have tried calling the lawyers, going to their office, everything but they insist the case is dead and that they haven’t received anything from USCIS

@Lymen do you have any sibling who is US citizen and live in USA? Can they not help? My brother lives in the US who contacted USCIS on our behalf. Also you can open an account with USCIS and email them. We emailed USCIS and replied us back. I dont know why you couldn't contact them by now. They certainly take time but respond 

Yes I do have siblings, my brother. Can I please know which email address was used to contact USCIS? For the account with USCIS I already have, that’s how I requested for the document to be resent since we didn’t receive it. This is the response I got back

IMG_5120.jpeg

3 hours ago, Lymen said:

@Ana_ @Sam Shar @Tina A I’m a bit stuck here and not sure what to do. We submitted our request in January on our own because my mom’s (petitioner) lawyer insist there’s no such thing as humanitarian reinstatement. We didn’t receive anything after but recently I noticed my case got updated on the USCIS portal ( a document was sent). We have tried everything to get a copy of this document resent but to no avail. USCIS says my mom( who has passed away) or her lawyers should request because they don’t have me on file as authorized to enquire on the case😓

IMG_2506.jpeg

It seems to me you request to have a copy of your I-130 form mailed or something like that. But it does not seem to me to be anything related to the HR. When I contacted USCIS to see if they got the letter I also had a hard time getting info as I was also not in the case. I was never able to get confirmation they got my HR letter. The only way I knew they did was when I got my reaffirmation letter. 

@Lymen not sure what to tell more as you know they reinstate if they think they should. My husband's father passed away which is why we requested this and it worked. I echo the same that change your lawyer. In terms of email, you would need to send them message via USCIS account. Plus when you request for reinstate, you need to send letters and supporting evidence (details are on uscis website). Our case was like we were waiting for interview date at embassy and that time his father passed away so it was really at last stage so i guess they considered plus all of our family members are residing in usa. We pointed out all of these things when requested for a reinstatement. You can do it yourself like we did instead lawyers. Also make sure that you put your name down as beneficiary and i guess your brother would be substitute petitioner...make it very clear in your letter. Hope this helps 

Edited by Sam Shar
Details changed

@Lymen or to anyone who's in the same boat, these are the ff. email address where you can follow up your case, depending on your service center.  

Please have available your receipt number, alien registration number, type of application filed and date filed. 

California Service Center: csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov 

-Vermont Service Center: vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

-Nebraska Service Center: ncscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov

-Texas Service Center: tsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.