HOUNOV2017

Houston N-400 Filers

1,563 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, killadocg23 said:

Submitted my N-400 yesterday 1/22/23. Checked my USICS account today and saw they sent reuse biometrics notice. Do they email you when they send updates or I just have to periodically check my USCIS account?

Notices will be posted to your account and hard copies will be mailed to you days/weeks later.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Today i had my interview in Houston field office and got approved 

I applied on September 21st online and  and today ( Jan 29th) was my interview ,. I got green card thru employment not marriage

Interview took around 25 minutes

right after going inside the office, had to take oath of  telling truth

after that interview officer verified my name and asked for my passport and green card.

After that she started the civics test

1st question : who wrote declaration of independence

2: name one branch of government

3: who did usa fought with in world war 1

4:   when we celebrate independence

5:   name  highest court in usa

6:  What Do We Show Loyalty to When We Say the Pledge of Allegiance

after that asked me when i got married

name of wife

my parents are usa citizens or no

how many kids i have 

where do i work and my job title

then yes no questions from n400

and gave me approval paper 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, mshan61 said:

I applied on September 21st online and  and today ( Jan 29th) was my interview ,. I got green card thru employment not marriage

after that interview officer verified my name and asked for my passport and green card.

name of wife

how many kids i have 

Congrats. Was it through H1-B Visa?

Those were easy questions.

Which yes/no questions?

Edited by Visitor User

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

No i never had h1 b visa. i had business visa then converted to green card , my employer sponsored me for job eb3 category.  and yes and no questions which are on n400 application. like  did i ever assist anyone coming to usa illegaly.. those yes no questions are in section 10. of n400 application.  overall it  was easy experience no need to be panic

Timeline
On 1/30/2024 at 8:07 PM, mshan61 said:

No i never had h1 b visa. i had business visa then converted to green card , my employer sponsored me for job eb3 category.  and yes and no questions which are on n400 application. like  did i ever assist anyone coming to usa illegaly.. those yes no questions are in section 10. of n400 application.  overall it  was easy experience no need to be panic

Congrats. 

On 1/29/2024 at 9:08 PM, mshan61 said:

name of wife

how many kids i have 

Congrats on your approval! Just curious for question 3 did you only have to say one country or you had to list all three of the countries( German,Japan,Italy)?

Timeline
2 hours ago, killadocg23 said:

Congrats on your approval! Just curious for question 3 did you only have to say one country or you had to list all three of the countries( German,Japan,Italy)?

I am guessing you have to say all 3. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

**A new Houston FO topic merged with the existing one***

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Lawyer mailed packet on 11/28/23 which was the first day I qualified on a 90 Early Day Filing rule on 5 years only option. 

12/1/23: USCIS received.

12/6/23: Being reviewed.

2/7/23: Interview scheduled.

3/21/24: Interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.