HOUNOV2017

Houston N-400 Filers

1,563 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2019 at 9:20 AM, frodo8404 said:

We just received our interview letter....unfortunately the date specified is in the middle of our vacation.  I guess I will try to call them to reschedule?  Bad timing, but good news!

Just be careful on the re-scheduling. Houston office is the most busiest office, which could take months just to re-schedule the interview. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
54 minutes ago, ArchieD said:

Just be careful on the re-scheduling. Houston office is the most busiest office, which could take months just to re-schedule the interview. 

Yes, that's what I'm afraid of...we scheduled our vacation thinking the interview would be at least two months later....I sent them the required request for rescheduling (by mail).  I don't know how long it will take them to respond.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I had my oath ceremony yesterday. I reached the place by 6:30 PM and got in line. There was a line for each of the "numbers" that is reflected in the paper given to you at the conclusion of your interview. I was on Line 5 (west side) of the auditorium (5-9 West side & 1-4 east side). Once you enter, you have to check-in. They take your GC and give you a colored piece of paper (the significance of the colored paper is that it is the order in which you will collect your certificate). I was in a seat by 7:10 am and then waited till 10 am for ceremony to start. The ceremony was about 50 mins. Then after that they announced the color and I went picked my certificate. While seated for 3 hours I filled out the SSN update form and also voter registration. After I collected the certificate there was numerous counters and a big line for SSN update. I got in the line was done in 10 mins with submitting my form for SSN update (they look at the original certificate while accepting the SSN form- so get the SSN done if you are also going for passport application as the passport application needs submission of original certificate). I chose to book an appointment for the passport at local post office rather than getting in life. SSN update would have dragged to SSN office so I got it done there.

Good Luck  to All !

21 minutes ago, natvyas said:

I had my oath ceremony yesterday. I reached the place by 6:30 PM and got in line. There was a line for each of the "numbers" that is reflected in the paper given to you at the conclusion of your interview. I was on Line 5 (west side) of the auditorium (5-9 West side & 1-4 east side). Once you enter, you have to check-in. They take your GC and give you a colored piece of paper (the significance of the colored paper is that it is the order in which you will collect your certificate). I was in a seat by 7:10 am and then waited till 10 am for ceremony to start. The ceremony was about 50 mins. Then after that they announced the color and I went picked my certificate. While seated for 3 hours I filled out the SSN update form and also voter registration. After I collected the certificate there was numerous counters and a big line for SSN update. I got in the line was done in 10 mins with submitting my form for SSN update (they look at the original certificate while accepting the SSN form- so get the SSN done if you are also going for passport application as the passport application needs submission of original certificate). I chose to book an appointment for the passport at local post office rather than getting in life. SSN update would have dragged to SSN office so I got it done there.

Good Luck  to All !

Congratulations! That’s a great update.

Is the SSN update required for the passport or can you do the passport first ?

Timeline
1 hour ago, pearla said:

Congratulations! That’s a great update.

Is the SSN update required for the passport or can you do the passport first ?

No I dont think so. I have a friend who got his new passport without updating the SSN. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 6/17/2019 at 10:01 PM, Beto75 said:

Got back from combo interview. I751 approved, conditions lifted. 

N400 approved, oath date TBD.

They mentioned July 24th or August 21st. I was hoping for July 10th. Time to tell.

Would you mind sharing your combo experience? I just got my interview notice and will be having one very soon. Thank you.

David & Thao

First Date: 10/17/2012

Engaged: 05/01/2014

Married: 03/26/2015

---------------------------N-400 Status

Sent: 09/08/2018

NOA: 09/08/2018

Bio Appt:

---------------------------ROC Status

Sent: 09/08/2017

Received: 09/11/2017

NOA: 09/11/2017

Bio Appt: 10/03/2017

---------------------------AOS Status

Sent: 04/24/2015

Received: 04/27/2015

NOA: 05/01/2015

Bio Appt: 05/19/2015

EAD received: 06/16/2015

Interview Approved: 12/07/2015

[God is walking with us on our love journey...] 

35 minutes ago, DavidnThao said:

Would you mind sharing your combo experience? I just got my interview notice and will be having one very soon. Thank you.

It was very direct....

I: Your wife is here?

Me: Yes. 

I: Good. She needs to come in as well.

Placed both under oath.

I: Looks like you sent a lot of things with your package. (Looking and the height of the stack of papers). There bank info, pictures and a house with kids. I will aprove It. Let's move on to the N400.

Me: Ok.

Then civics, English, and yes/no questions. Approved on the spot and out the door in 25 min. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, Beto75 said:

It was very direct....

I: Your wife is here?

Me: Yes. 

I: Good. She needs to come in as well.

Placed both under oath.

I: Looks like you sent a lot of things with your package. (Looking and the height of the stack of papers). There bank info, pictures and a house with kids. I will aprove It. Let's move on to the N400.

Me: Ok.

Then civics, English, and yes/no questions. Approved on the spot and out the door in 25 min. 

Wow, that was fast. Thank you and congrats to you!!!

David & Thao

First Date: 10/17/2012

Engaged: 05/01/2014

Married: 03/26/2015

---------------------------N-400 Status

Sent: 09/08/2018

NOA: 09/08/2018

Bio Appt:

---------------------------ROC Status

Sent: 09/08/2017

Received: 09/11/2017

NOA: 09/11/2017

Bio Appt: 10/03/2017

---------------------------AOS Status

Sent: 04/24/2015

Received: 04/27/2015

NOA: 05/01/2015

Bio Appt: 05/19/2015

EAD received: 06/16/2015

Interview Approved: 12/07/2015

[God is walking with us on our love journey...] 

Timeline
On 6/17/2019 at 10:01 PM, Beto75 said:

Got back from combo interview. I751 approved, conditions lifted. 

N400 approved, oath date TBD.

They mentioned July 24th or August 21st. I was hoping for July 10th. Time to tell.

Good for you! I had my combo interview yesterday. My I-751 was approved on the spot and he was intending to approve the N-400 as well but told me he cant as there is a pending "security clearance". He did mention that as soon as that's done, he will approve the N-400 as well. I personally haven't heard this (pending security clearance) one before, so hoping things will move fast.

He also handed me a document stating that I have an approved I-751 and asked me to take t=it to my Oath ceremony since I have an expired Green Card.

Timeline
On 6/25/2019 at 10:15 AM, roh0808 said:

Good for you! I had my combo interview yesterday. My I-751 was approved on the spot and he was intending to approve the N-400 as well but told me he cant as there is a pending "security clearance". He did mention that as soon as that's done, he will approve the N-400 as well. I personally haven't heard this (pending security clearance) one before, so hoping things will move fast.

He also handed me a document stating that I have an approved I-751 and asked me to take t=it to my Oath ceremony since I have an expired Green Card.

Update: My I-751 and N-400 were approved today! Finally a little closer to the end of the immigration journey! My status changed to "

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled". Does anyone how long before the oath ceremony document is uploaded online? 

48 minutes ago, roh0808 said:

Update: My I-751 and N-400 were approved today! Finally a little closer to the end of the immigration journey! My status changed to "

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled". Does anyone how long before the oath ceremony document is uploaded online? 

They usually schedule the upcoming ceremony on the Friday following a Wednesday ceremony. That from reconstructing data from the forum. At least this held water for my case. I know there is a ceremony on July 10th. Maybe that Friday? Usually online be next monday or Tuesday.

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:
1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Please use your VJ name to avoid confusion. 
3. Copy this whole section including instructions, legend, red lines(complete content) and paste it to your typing field. 
4. Make changes in the same font and Reply.
5. Red Font = "I'm A United States Citizen"!

Legend: 

N-400 Fields

GC-Type: Marriage/divorce 5 year rule

GC-Date: 07/22/2013
Sent: 05/31/2018

NOA 06/04/2018
Fprints
: 06/26/2018
In Line: None
Int Ltr: 04/22/2019
Interview: 05/23/2019
Oath:

Field Office: Houston Field Office

NBCNational Benefits Center

IOE: Efile 

ECD: 24 moths

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, rrrrrr said:

Hello everyone my uscis app showed interview scheduled .any one knows how long will it take to upload interview letter online 

About a day or 2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.