Hypnos

N-400 Dallas, TX Filers (Merged Threads)

1,070 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, bird_seeker_dalla said:

I scheduled an appointment at USPS after I my oath. There was an opening two days later at the closest USPS so I booked that one. I did expedited and I got the book and card back about two weeks later (two separate envelopes a day apart). However, I am still waiting on the naturalization certificate to be mailed back. I hope they return it soon! It's very expensive and time consuming to replace. 

Thanks for letting us know..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
23 hours ago, eddieboo4321@gmai said:

4  More days to go ....... 🥳 

23 hours ago, DallasDreamy said:
  • 345,600 seconds or so ... counting every second 😎

Went and got my photo taken for the passport yesterday. Not happy with how it came out, will go and get another one today. Gotta look good on my US passport :)

30 minutes ago, eddieboo4321@gmai said:

I will do it Today or Tomorrow from CVS, hopefully they will do good job..

IMO Walgreens takes better photos for passport. I went to CVS first but they didn't do a good job, so I then went to Walgreens. It might be that particular CVS though, they were really busy that day and the manager had to take my picture, so it might be that.

Timeline
6 hours ago, lobo2000 said:

IMO Walgreens takes better photos for passport. I went to CVS first but they didn't do a good job, so I then went to Walgreens. It might be that particular CVS though, they were really busy that day and the manager had to take my picture, so it might be that.

No matter where you go, totally depends on the person taking the photo. Some just do point & shoot, while others actually care if the photo came out to your satisfaction.

Timeline

@eddieboo4321@gmai and @DallasDreamy the day is finally here , so excited. Our journey is finally reaching the goal.

You guys have your ceremony in the morning and will become citizens a couple of hours before me (mine is late in the afternoon).

Congratulations!! Celebrate well and be a model citizen.

On 4/6/2021 at 10:26 AM, bird_seeker_dalla said:

I scheduled an appointment at USPS after I my oath. There was an opening two days later at the closest USPS so I booked that one. I did expedited and I got the book and card back about two weeks later (two separate envelopes a day apart). However, I am still waiting on the naturalization certificate to be mailed back. I hope they return it soon! It's very expensive and time consuming to replace. 

When did your Passport show as "Mailed"?

I did expedited on 30th March, it changed to "In-Process" on 2nd April. No new update since then, now I am doubting if it will come in 2 weeks. 

Edited by lobo2000

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Armenia
Timeline
6 hours ago, bzbee said:

@eddieboo4321@gmai and @DallasDreamy the day is finally here , so excited. Our journey is finally reaching the goal.

You guys have your ceremony in the morning and will become citizens a couple of hours before me (mine is late in the afternoon).

Congratulations!! Celebrate well and be a model citizen.

Appreciate the wishes and certainly wishing you both the same @bzbee and @eddieboo4321@gmai!  A long arduous journey came to an end for me early this AM!  Here are some details if it is useful to anyone:

Per the USCIS Supervisor who administered the Oath, approximately 300 applicants were being naturalized today at the Irving, TX office.

Time Slots: 7:30 AM. 8:30 AM, 9:30 AM, 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM and 1:45PM

The Oath Ceremony was held simultaneously by two Supervisors (On the Ground Floor  and 1st Floor). Approximately 20 - 25 per floor.

The Oath Ceremony took about 20 minutes from start to finish (Instructions on verify the Naturalization Certificate, Don't Laminate, Sign Only in Black Ink, Register to Vote, Apply for Passport, and Update Citizenship Status in 14 days - Social Security)

Regarding my passport, I have such an amazing info to share. As I had mentioned, I had an URGENT trip planned and ticketed on Tuesday (4/13) and managed to get an appointment at the Dallas Passport Agency at early AM today. (This was such a touch-and-go situation due to trying to schedule the appointment - countless phone calls and kept checking frequently at the https://passportappointment.travel.state.gov/ site). Anyway, reached the Dallas Agency (at 1100 Commerce St) at 9:00 AM and received the passport book and card at 11:00 AM. Whew! Now I can actually breathe after all the stress!  (Well... after the journey, some of the other items may need to be done - Updating Citizenship Status at SS, Updating Global Entry with Citizenship Status, Registering to Vote etc)

I want to take a minute to thank so many of you here at VJ for your encouragement, valuable tips and thoughts!  @bzbee @eddieboo4321@gmai @MagentaLife @ImmiGeek - Special thanks to each of you!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, DallasDreamy said:

Appreciate the wishes and certainly wishing you both the same @bzbee and @eddieboo4321@gmai!  A long arduous journey came to an end for me early this AM!  Here are some details if it is useful to anyone:

Per the USCIS Supervisor who administered the Oath, approximately 300 applicants were being naturalized today at the Irving, TX office.

Time Slots: 7:30 AM. 8:30 AM, 9:30 AM, 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM and 1:45PM

The Oath Ceremony was held simultaneously by two Supervisors (On the Ground Floor  and 1st Floor). Approximately 20 - 25 per floor.

The Oath Ceremony took about 20 minutes from start to finish (Instructions on verify the Naturalization Certificate, Don't Laminate, Sign Only in Black Ink, Register to Vote, Apply for Passport, and Update Citizenship Status in 14 days - Social Security)

Regarding my passport, I have such an amazing info to share. As I had mentioned, I had an URGENT trip planned and ticketed on Tuesday (4/13) and managed to get an appointment at the Dallas Passport Agency at early AM today. (This was such a touch-and-go situation due to trying to schedule the appointment - countless phone calls and kept checking frequently at the https://passportappointment.travel.state.gov/ site). Anyway, reached the Dallas Agency (at 1100 Commerce St) at 9:00 AM and received the passport book and card at 11:00 AM. Whew! Now I can actually breathe after all the stress!  (Well... after the journey, some of the other items may need to be done - Updating Citizenship Status at SS, Updating Global Entry with Citizenship Status, Registering to Vote etc)

I want to take a minute to thank so many of you here at VJ for your encouragement, valuable tips and thoughts!  @bzbee @eddieboo4321@gmai @MagentaLife @ImmiGeek - Special thanks to each of you!

Glad to find your safe journey and maneuver of those exciting situations(such as fixed trip, needing an urgent passport etc). Glad that we are helping one other. Thanks for the detailed post. Please make sure that you clearly understand and execute all the required things to be done POST-Naturalization (It will be a good idea to give a reading of my notes in my signature).

Dont rush for SSA updates, first check if you really need it or not. If required, just use passport card and the covering letter(  A sample is given in my notes) . That way you dont lose your very valuable Naturalization certificate and passport book. Remember, Now its time for you to SAVE your naturalization certificate in  a SAFE, once you receive it from DOS(Dept of State), you will NEVER get a need to use this ORIGINAL Naturalization Certificate further(Hope you got the CERTIFIED Naturalization certificate copies from USCIS after Oath, if not read my notes for more details).

Also thanks for detailing the QUICK passport (with in hours) process that you are able to work it out. Can you add details such as Did you walk-in to each of the post office to try without an appointment? How did they accept URGENT passport request? Do you need to show any proofs such as your flight tickets etc? Any additional cost? If I get these details, I will update my notes for those who needs an urgent passport. 

Again, take time, be careful in doing next steps. Dont rush. Good luck.

My USC Journey noteshttps://tinyurl.com/myUSCNotes 

Citizenship: Completed SFO/CA(Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Nov 31, 2020 (Day 00): Submitted N400 Application, filed online.

Dec 07, 2020 (Day 08): NOA Receipt received in the mail.

Feb 19, 2021 (Day 82): Biometrics reuse notice received online.

Dec 22, 2021 (Day 387) Interview is  scheduled for 01/25/2022.

Jan 25, 2021 (Day 420) Interview and Oath is completed.

Passport: Completed (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Jan 26, 2022 (Day 00): Submitted Application at USPS - Regular speed.

Feb 01, 2022 (Day 06): DOS received (status: in process) Locator 69: New Hampshire: Old Gen Passport to come.

Feb 23, 2022 (Day 28) :  Approved on DOS site.

Feb 28, 2022 (Day 33) :  Received the passport - Old Gen.

Mar 01, 2022 (Day 34) :  Received the passport card.

Mar 04, 2022 (Day 37) :  Received the original Naturalization Certificate safely.

SS Updates: In Progress (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Feb 29, 2022 (Day 00) :  Received the passport card, used it for SS updates request on the same day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Armenia
Timeline
40 minutes ago, ImmiGeek said:

Glad to find your safe journey and maneuver of those exciting situations(such as fixed trip, needing an urgent passport etc). Glad that we are helping one other. Thanks for the detailed post. Please make sure that you clearly understand and execute all the required things to be done POST-Naturalization (It will be a good idea to give a reading of my notes in my signature).

Dont rush for SSA updates, first check if you really need it or not. If required, just use passport card and the covering letter(  A sample is given in my notes) . That way you dont lose your very valuable Naturalization certificate and passport book. Remember, Now its time for you to SAVE your naturalization certificate in  a SAFE, once you receive it from DOS(Dept of State), you will NEVER get a need to use this ORIGINAL Naturalization Certificate further(Hope you got the CERTIFIED Naturalization certificate copies from USCIS after Oath, if not read my notes for more details).

Also thanks for detailing the QUICK passport (with in hours) process that you are able to work it out. Can you add details such as Did you walk-in to each of the post office to try without an appointment? How did they accept URGENT passport request? Do you need to show any proofs such as your flight tickets etc? Any additional cost? If I get these details, I will update my notes for those who needs an urgent passport. 

Again, take time, be careful in doing next steps. Dont rush. Good luck.

Thanks @ImmiGeek! Your notes need to be made into a book 😇 !

My Experience of the Passport Process: (Some of you may think I am nuts but so be it... documenting it for those who like me like/love details. Others, please ignore this)

1. Purchased Airline Tickets and printed out the Itinerary from the Airline's Website

2. Printed out the Confirmation Email from the Passport Agency (Dallas). After security downstairs, I took  the elevator to 11th floor and go to Suite# 1120. Suite's Glass Door is shut and the Security Office inside verified my confirmation number to a printout. (The confirmation number is very important and the Security Officer will NOT let you in if you do not show/tell him the 8 digit confirmation number. ) Additionally, only show up at Suite 1120,  15 minutes before your appointment. I was there 21 minutes before my appointment and was told to take the elevator to ground floor and wait. Cannot wait in the 11th floor lobby per Security Office.

Exactly 15 minutes before my interview I came back up and the Security Office verified my Confirmation number to his printout and I was sent to Counter # 1 where the Dallas Passport Agency person reviewed these  documents

• Confirmation Email (Printed out)
  • Passport Form (Pre-filled via the Form Filler at https://pptform.state.gov/). DO NOT SIGN the form
  • Naturalization Certificate (Original) and PhotoCopy
  • Driver's License (Original) and PhotoCopy
  • Printed Itinerary of Travel / Electronic Ticket(s)

The Agency person then gave me a paper token (with a number on it) and told me to sit. There were only 4 other people in the entire area. Within minutes, my token was called and I proceeded to the window where the Agent reviewed all the documents listed above. Fees $235 was collected via CC. I was told to await a text to my cell phone in about 2 hours and then come back when I get the text. The Agent had me take of my mask temporarily to verify my face to the Drivers License and then told me to raise right had to swear that the info in the Passport form was accurate and the photograph submitted was my likeness. Then he had me sign the passport form.

When I received the text (in exactly 2 hours), I went through the security again (as I had gone to my car which was parked in the paid parking lot across the street) and rode up the elevator to the 11th floor. The same Security Officer verified my text on my cell phone, before he let me in. Back to Counter #1 where I was given a Blue Envelope with my "Shiny" new passport book, passport card, my precious Naturalization Certificate. I was asked to verify the Passport before I left the office.

In my case, I also had photocopies of my Drivers license and the Naturalization Certificate Ready with me when I submitted. As my appointment was approximately 1 hour after the Naturalization Ceremony, I wondered how I could get a photocopy made (instead of trying to convince the Passport Agency Personnel to make one and probably make them cross). As I mentioned earlier, some of you may think I am nuts (but I am always over-prepared by nature). I had ordered an HP ENVY 6055 Wireless Printer and a 150 W Car Power Inverter that I used to make multiple copies (and scanned it via the HP Envoy to my iPhone) of the Naturalization Certificate before I left the USCIS Parking Lot.  So if someone saw me with my trunk open and standing and making copies .... it was me.... 😁.  Since I had all the required copies (ID & NC) and the other docs, the Agent was extremely happy and said, if others would bring everything so organized, it would be very easy.  Well... after this long post, I am going to take a quick break!

Edited by DallasDreamy
Spelling.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.