Hypnos

N-400 Dallas, TX Filers (Merged Threads)

1,070 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 3/29/2021 at 10:27 AM, Medstardz said:

@DallasDreamy and @MagentaLife Thank you both,  I just got oath notice uploaded to my dashboard 

Date and Time: Monday, April 26, 2021 at 10:30AM

On 3/29/2021 at 12:03 PM, MagentaLife said:

Oath on April 26! Can’t wait! 

Congratulations to you both 👏

Looks like Dallas is catching up on the backlog, that's wonderful!!

On 3/29/2021 at 2:39 PM, MagentaLife said:

Should I book an appointment for passport issuance? What documents do i need for me to take for an appointment? 

Yes, book an appointment online with USPS - https://tools.usps.com/rcas.htm

Don't need documents to book an appointment, its free to book and you can change/cancel it at any time. Dallas area post offices have about a month long wait list for passport appointments, so I suggest you book

yours right now.

Another place you can apply at is the County Clerk. Usually a walk-in, no appointment needed, but you might have to wait a bit for your turn depending on how long the line is.

Check your nearest facilities (both County Clerks & USPS) here - https://iafdb.travel.state.gov/

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Armenia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, bzbee said:

Congratulations to you both 👏

Looks like Dallas is catching up on the backlog, that's wonderful!!

@bzbee and @eddieboo4321@gmai - 9 More days and counting!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, MagentaLife said:

After I entered US I got Work Authorization Card, 2 Year Green Card and 10 year card! Do i have to take all 3 cards to Oath Ceremony?? I have both green cards but Misplaced my work authorization card! Is it gonna be an issue? 

I don't think it will be an issue, they would've raised it during the interview if that were the case. Just take all the "Green Cards" (Permanent Resident Cards) you have and you are good. 

Here is what I found on another forum where a user lost his green card one week before the oath ceremony. The user was able to go through the oath and get the NC after explaining the situation to the officer:

Again, the physical possession of a Green Card is not a requirement for Naturalization. Only the status of an LPR and the eligibility for Naturalization are necessary. That's it!

Know how I know? My sister was naturalized and did not have her Green Card in hand on the date of ceremony. She still received her certificate. OP's situation is not uncommon. It's not a safe option, because there is nothing dangerous. It is not necessary to file an I-90.

That's it. End of story. Goodbye. Goodnight.

And here is another experience from a VJ forum member:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679912-my-experience-taking-the-oath-without-a-green-card/

Edited by bzbee

Timeline
4 hours ago, MagentaLife said:

After I entered US I got Work Authorization Card, 2 Year Green Card and 10 year card! Do i have to take all 3 cards to Oath Ceremony?? I have both green cards but Misplaced my work authorization card! Is it gonna be an issue? 

@MagentaLife - I concur with @bzbee . Does not appear that you need the misplaced Work Authorization Card. 

You may want to take a look at the 3rd bullet point of "What to Expect at Your Naturalization Ceremony" at the USCIS Website which states:  "You must return your Permanent Resident Card to USCIS when you check in for your naturalization ceremony. This requirement is waived if you provided proof during the naturalization interview that the card has been lost and you have attempted to recover it, or if, because of your military service, you were never granted permanent residence. You will no longer need your Permanent Resident Card because you will receive your Certificate of Naturalization after you take the Oath of Allegiance."

Soon (ceteris paribus) I bet you will be celebrating and all this will be a forgotten stress point 😁

Edited by DallasDreamy
Spelling

Timeline
30 minutes ago, eddieboo4321@gmai said:

@bzbee & @DallasDreamy

4  More days to go ....... 🥳 

• 345,600 seconds or so ... counting every second 😎

First post for me, but I have been following this very useful Dallas thread for a few weeks now. I wanted to share my timeline. 

March '20 - N-400 application sent in online

Then it was a long waiting game with no movement in my application till January '21

Jan '21 - New Biometrics done 

Jan '21 - 'We scheduled an interview'

March '21 - Interview Approved and same day Oath in Irving!!

March 31 '21- passport book and card received (did expedited)

The next step is to update my SS. I called the SS office at the Dallas location but no one answers. I'm hoping it will automatically update in next few weeks, without me sending in any documents. Any input will be appreciated.   

Thank you all and good luck! A lot of patience is required, but I think all of us will get there!

4 minutes ago, bird_seeker_dalla said:

First post for me, but I have been following this very useful Dallas thread for a few weeks now. I wanted to share my timeline. 

Then it was a long waiting game with no movement in my application till January '21

The next step is to update my SS. I called the SS office at the Dallas location but no one answers. I'm hoping it will automatically update in next few weeks, without me sending in any documents. Any input will be appreciated.   

Thank you all and good luck! A lot of patience is required, but I think all of us will get there!

Congratulations.!🎊🎉  Good to hear that they do the same day the interview and oath. I hope I will pass my interview and have the same day oath too.. 2 weeks from now in Irving, my interview.

Is it ok to ask what is the question if you don’t mine and the documents?

Please share with us if there is an update of your ss. Thanks!

The officer was really friendly. The questions were fairly easy:

name of the national anthem

who's the president

who's the vice president

longest river

rights of a US citizen

first three words of the Constitution

Documents: Driver's license and Green Card. No other documents were asked for. Make sure you go over your N-400 application; the officer pretty much asked all the questions on there, just to verify that it was me who filled it out. 

Good luck! 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, bird_seeker_dalla said:

Congratulations and thanks very much for posting @bird_seeker_dalla! It is great to hear about the same day Oath in the USCIS Irving, TX office! Dallas office process appears  (at last) to be catching up with other offices which already had the same day Oath process. 

33 minutes ago, bird_seeker_dalla said:

Congratulations @bird_seeker_dalla,

can you please describe the process to get the passport after the oath? such as where you applied and how long it took days wise?

there are 2 of us here who wants to get the passport done right after our oath which is on Coming Friday. 

Edited by eddieboo4321@gmai

1 minute ago, eddieboo4321@gmai said:

Congratulations @bird_seeker_dalla,

can you please describe the process to get the passport after the oath? such as where you applied and how long it took days wise?

there are 2 of us here who want to get the passport done right after our oath. 

I scheduled an appointment at USPS after I my oath. There was an opening two days later at the closest USPS so I booked that one. I did expedited and I got the book and card back about two weeks later (two separate envelopes a day apart). However, I am still waiting on the naturalization certificate to be mailed back. I hope they return it soon! It's very expensive and time consuming to replace. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.