Hypnos

N-400 Dallas, TX Filers (Merged Threads)

1,070 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Armenia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Medstardz said:

Dallas field office timeline 

Screenshot_20210327-094855_Samsung Internet.jpg

Woo-hoo! Great News! Congratulations @Medstardz!!! Appears that N-400 Approvals and Oath Ceremony Scheduling are slowly trickling in...Keep us all posted. We have a rather vibrant support group here on VJ! We need it especially to get through the USCIS gauntlet of trials, tribulations and unexplainable waiting period...😅

Edited by DallasDreamy

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Medstardz said:

@DallasDreamy and @MagentaLife Thank you both,  I just got oath notice uploaded to my dashboard 

Date and Time: Monday, April 26, 2021 at 10:30AM

Congratulations @Medstardz!!! So happy for you!!!

Edited by DallasDreamy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 3/27/2021 at 10:12 PM, stillwaitin1989 said:

Anyone else still waiting for an interview? I filed back in February of 2020 and had biometrics the same month. I have not had an update since.

Yes, I filed in Jan 2020 (and I-751 in Jan 2019). Still waiting on both cases. No notices of interview yet. Hanging in there... barely.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MagentaLife said:

Oath on April 26! Can’t wait! 

• Just hang in there @MagentaLife 🤭 Only.....
  • 2,419,200 seconds
  • 40,320 minutes
  • 672 hours

Timeline
Just now, MagentaLife said:

Yup only........ 😂

Should I book an appointment for passport issuance? What documents do i need for me to take for an appointment? 

@MagentaLife - You should start looking for an appointment at USPS using the USPS Scheduler. Appointments quickly fill up so you may want to widen your search area.  To schedule the appointment (proactively) say on April 26th (Oath Ceremony Day - Afternoon) or later, nothing is needed other than an email address and a phone number. I would also recommend going to the US Department of State and fill out the DS-11 Form using the "Form Filler". This allows you to fill out the form and download it in a PDF format for you to print and take to the USPS. Obviously you will need your Certificate of Naturalization + a Photocopy of it, Passport Photo (You can get it at any USPS that has photo facilities, or CVS). The Fees/Payment can be made by Personal Check or Money Order. You will need two checks or money orders (One for the Department of State  - Application Fees and another to the Postmaster - Execution Fees). 

Decision Points that you may want to think over:

1. Passport Book only or Passport Book + Passport Card (Personal opinion - Apply for both) -  @seetsuh and  @MrKo point out that the Passport "Card" can be utilized to update your Citizenship Status with SSA instead of sending in your NC 

2. Routine Service or Expedited Service ( Fees obviously differ) - Personally I plan of Expedited Service

3. Regular Book or Large Book (Same form factor and cost but obviously the Large Book has more pages) - Personally I will be applying for the Large Book as it will be of use my frequent business related trips.

4. Standard Delivery or 1- 2 Day Delivery - Personally I plan on the 1 - 2 Delivery

Also take a look at an excellent resource by @ImmiGeek - Section 3.3 After Receiving your Naturalization Certificate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks @DallasDreamy for tagging me in the above amazing detail. With your kind permission, I would like to enrich my notes with the above text, I hope its okay. 

@seetsuh has confirmed me that Passport card was successfully used for SS updates. Details are also updated into my notes (with sample letter template for SS etc) Thanks @seetsuh.

Note:  The above link to my notes is not pointing to the notes. Here is the exact link (you can also find it in my signature block below) Section 3.3 of https://tinyurl.com/myUSCNotes 

My USC Journey noteshttps://tinyurl.com/myUSCNotes 

Citizenship: Completed SFO/CA(Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Nov 31, 2020 (Day 00): Submitted N400 Application, filed online.

Dec 07, 2020 (Day 08): NOA Receipt received in the mail.

Feb 19, 2021 (Day 82): Biometrics reuse notice received online.

Dec 22, 2021 (Day 387) Interview is  scheduled for 01/25/2022.

Jan 25, 2021 (Day 420) Interview and Oath is completed.

Passport: Completed (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Jan 26, 2022 (Day 00): Submitted Application at USPS - Regular speed.

Feb 01, 2022 (Day 06): DOS received (status: in process) Locator 69: New Hampshire: Old Gen Passport to come.

Feb 23, 2022 (Day 28) :  Approved on DOS site.

Feb 28, 2022 (Day 33) :  Received the passport - Old Gen.

Mar 01, 2022 (Day 34) :  Received the passport card.

Mar 04, 2022 (Day 37) :  Received the original Naturalization Certificate safely.

SS Updates: In Progress (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Feb 29, 2022 (Day 00) :  Received the passport card, used it for SS updates request on the same day.

40 minutes ago, DallasDreamy said:

@MagentaLife - You should start looking for an appointment at USPS using the USPS Scheduler. Appointments quickly fill up so you may want to widen your search area.  To schedule the appointment (proactively) say on April 26th (Oath Ceremony Day - Afternoon) or later, nothing is needed other than an email address and a phone number. I would also recommend going to the US Department of State and fill out the DS-11 Form using the "Form Filler". This allows you to fill out the form and download it in a PDF format for you to print and take to the USPS. Obviously you will need your Certificate of Naturalization + a Photocopy of it, Passport Photo (You can get it at any USPS that has photo facilities, or CVS). The Fees/Payment can be made by Personal Check or Money Order. You will need two checks or money orders (One for the Department of State  - Application Fees and another to the Postmaster - Execution Fees). 

Decision Points that you may want to think over:

1. Passport Book only or Passport Book + Passport Card (Personal opinion - Apply for both) -  @seetsuh and  @MrKo point out that the Passport "Card" can be utilized to update your Citizenship Status with SSA instead of sending in your NC 

2. Routine Service or Expedited Service ( Fees obviously differ) - Personally I plan of Expedited Service

3. Regular Book or Large Book (Same form factor and cost but obviously the Large Book has more pages) - Personally I will be applying for the Large Book as it will be of use my frequent business related trips.

4. Standard Delivery or 1- 2 Day Delivery - Personally I plan on the 1 - 2 Delivery

Also take a look at an excellent resource by @ImmiGeek - Section 3.3 After Receiving your Naturalization Certificate.

Thank you so much

Timeline
1 hour ago, ImmiGeek said:

Thanks @DallasDreamy for tagging me in the above amazing detail. With your kind permission, I would like to enrich my notes with the above text, I hope its okay. 

@seetsuh has confirmed me that Passport card was successfully used for SS updates. Details are also updated into my notes (with sample letter template for SS etc) Thanks @seetsuh.

Note:  The above link to my notes is not pointing to the notes. Here is the exact link (you can also find it in my signature block below) Section 3.3 of https://tinyurl.com/myUSCNotes 

@ImmiGeek- So sorry about that! :oops:I meant well but for whatever reason did not paste the right link! Apologies again ... did not mean to obscure your most excellent work!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.