Rearviewmirror

N-400 January 2024 filers

621 posts in this topic

All, I just received yesterday notification for the interview appointment for my 5-year based N-400. Please see timeline below:

Applied: 1/29/2024

NOA: 1/29/2024

Biometrics scheduled: 2/3/2024

Biometrics appointment: 2/20/2024

Interview scheduled: 3/1/2024

Interview date: 4/4/2024

Estimate time has been 7 months most of the time, dropped to 3 months after the biometrics and is back to 7 months after scheduling the interview. I hope it helps y’all. 

Edited by Lanzoni

2 hours ago, Lanzoni said:

All, I just received yesterday notification for the interview appointment for my 5-year based N-400. Please see timeline below:

Applied: 1/29/2024

NOA: 1/29/2024

Biometrics scheduled: 2/3/2024

Biometrics appointment: 2/20/2024

Interview scheduled: 3/1/2024

Interview date: 4/4/2024

Estimate time has been 7 months most of the time, dropped to 3 months after the biometrics and is back to 7 months after scheduling the interview. I hope it helps y’all. 

Wow, how so fast? Did you apply before your 5-year anniversary? 
I applied on January 31st.
My biometrics appointment was on February 20th and I'm still waiting for them to schedule my appointment. 

Edited by Sahar1122

47 minutes ago, Sahar1122 said:

Wow, how so fast? Did you apply before your 5-year anniversary? 
I applied on January 31st.
My biometrics appointment was on February 20th and I'm still waiting for them to schedule my appointment. 

It’s been several years after my 5-year anniversary but I waited because my country of origin didn’t allow for dual citizenship until late last year. My application was actually received on 1/30 and there was at least one person here that got the interview earlier than I did. But my estimated time went from 3 months to 7 months after the interview was scheduled…

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Lanzoni said:

It’s been several years after my 5-year anniversary but I waited because my country of origin didn’t allow for dual citizenship until late last year. My application was actually received on 1/30 and there was at least one person here that got the interview earlier than I did. But my estimated time went from 3 months to 7 months after the interview was scheduled…

What is your field office?

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 (w/ name change) on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 
  • Interview at Chicago FO on 06/10/2024 
  • Oath Ceremony on 07/15/2024
  • Applied for Expedited US Passport at USPS on 07/15/2024
  • PASSPORT RECEIVED on 07/26/2024 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Lanzoni said:

Probably, as of this morning, no estimate of time is being shown anymore…

People got naturalized while their estimate showed 7 months to decision. That's why I think it's very inaccurate. Don't worry, you'll get there and maybe even faster than estimate

5 minutes ago, OldUser said:

People got naturalized while their estimate showed 7 months to decision. That's why I think it's very inaccurate. Don't worry, you'll get there and maybe even faster than estimate

Thanks for the input. It’d be great to be fast, even better if same day service 🙂

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, OldUser said:

Yep, mine started off at 7 months when I submitted my application, dropped to 4 a few days later, went back to 7 when I got my interview date, and then settled at 6 the morning of my interview lol.

2 hours ago, samdog said:

Got an interview invite - St. Louis, MO office. Saw the update on case history and saw the invite in the Documents folder. Haven't received the letter via mail yet.

Cc: @jackiegringa

Woo!

My received date is the 22, if I could get the interview done before May it'd be a great help for me, this gives me hope!

event.png

N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400

Apr 11, 2024 - Combo interview - approved N-400

May 1, 2024 - Approved ROC, received 10 GC on May 20.

May 7, 2024 - Oath scheduled for June 14 (requested later ceremony at interview)

June 14, 2024 - Special Flag Day Oath ceremony - I'm a citizen!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, jackiegringa said:

Woo!

My received date is the 22, if I could get the interview done before May it'd be a great help for me, this gives me hope!

I’ll be happy if I can finish my process by elections in November  

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 (w/ name change) on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 
  • Interview at Chicago FO on 06/10/2024 
  • Oath Ceremony on 07/15/2024
  • Applied for Expedited US Passport at USPS on 07/15/2024
  • PASSPORT RECEIVED on 07/26/2024 🇺🇸

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.