Rearviewmirror

N-400 January 2024 filers

620 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PicklePiggy said:

my interview is today 6/4 at 9:45am (now 6:53am for me). I just received a text for they made an action on my case before the interview. 

but i checked the cases, nothing was updated. what could it be? super scary

Hi there! I have just had my marriage-based interview this morning and things the officer asked were my passport, green card, drivers license, and interview notice. However, I have had some on me just in case. Action taken might be that they prepare your case for interview however you won't be able to see anything significant on your side. It happened to me 2 week ago. 

Good luck!!! Everything will be fine

Edited by Nastya_7smile

Phoenix Office

I751/N400 Combo Interview Approved and quick Oath date.

Filed online 01/31/2024

Biometric reused 02/01/2024

Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS 02/01/2024

Combo interview 06/04/2024

Oath 06/06/2024

the immigration officer was very nice. She went through I751 with me and approved it right away. Then quickly moved to N400 application. 

N400 interview process:

1. checked my name, DOB, and address

2. civic and writing&lisenting tests; no vocabulary test

3. a few yes/no questions

4. approved and let me chose if I can take the oath on this upcoming Thursday 06/06.

Thanks for all the help from everyone in this forum! The journey is finally over!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just notified that her interview is scheduled for July 19th in Louisville.  No movement on the removal of conditions. Hopefully they do both that day.

My wife came to the US on an F1 visa about 10 years ago.

05/19/2007 Wedding

03/11/2008 Mailed AOS

03/13/3008 Forms Recieved in Chicago

03/19/2008 Checks Cashed

03/21/2008 NOA's received

04/07/2008 Biometrics Appointment in Cincinnati

05/06/2008 I-765 and I-131 Approved

06/06/2008 I-485 Interview in Louisville, KY

06/06/2008 I-485 Approved :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an oath with a name change in Chicago?

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 (w/ name change) on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 
  • Interview at Chicago FO on 06/10/2024 
  • Oath Ceremony on 07/15/2024
  • Applied for Expedited US Passport at USPS on 07/15/2024
  • PASSPORT RECEIVED on 07/26/2024 🇺🇸

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
2 hours ago, jackiegringa said:

Oath ceremony done yesterday with 50 other immigrants from 32 countries!

Passport application sent this morning, expedited and faster return mailing because I'd like my certificate back as soon as possible. Made a scan of it at home before sending it away, of course.

Very happy to be done with USCIS, happy to never have to worry about being separated from my family or worry if I can leave/enter the US 🎉

What's the timeline on the expedite? 

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 (w/ name change) on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 
  • Interview at Chicago FO on 06/10/2024 
  • Oath Ceremony on 07/15/2024
  • Applied for Expedited US Passport at USPS on 07/15/2024
  • PASSPORT RECEIVED on 07/26/2024 🇺🇸

On 6/15/2024 at 2:41 PM, minivatreni said:

What's the timeline on the expedite? 

Right now is 2-3 weeks but you should check it at the DOS website when you apply, they update it somewhat frequently

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/processing-times.html to

event.png

N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400

Apr 11, 2024 - Combo interview - approved N-400

May 1, 2024 - Approved ROC, received 10 GC on May 20.

May 7, 2024 - Oath scheduled for June 14 (requested later ceremony at interview)

June 14, 2024 - Special Flag Day Oath ceremony - I'm a citizen!!!

On 6/15/2024 at 12:13 PM, jackiegringa said:

Oath ceremony done yesterday with 50 other immigrants from 32 countries!

Passport application sent this morning, expedited and faster return mailing because I'd like my certificate back as soon as possible. Made a scan of it at home before sending it away, of course.

Very happy to be done with USCIS, happy to never have to worry about being separated from my family or worry if I can leave/enter the US 🎉

Congratulations! I got my passport in 3 weeks as well.. registered to vote already. I need to update my ssn only

Preparing the papers for my upcoming interview. Which Tax Records do I need to bring in: (1) Account Transcripts, (2) Return Transcripts, or (3) Record of Account Transcripts?

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
38 minutes ago, QueueingTheory said:

Preparing the papers for my upcoming interview. Which Tax Records do I need to bring in: (1) Account Transcripts, (2) Return Transcripts, or (3) Record of Account Transcripts?

Thank you.

Bring your tax return transcripts! Good luck!

Naturalization

4/30/2024 Eligible to file for Naturalization

5/18/2024 Filed N-400 online, biometrics reused

5/20/2024 Case is being actively reviewed

Removal of Conditions

4/30/2023   Eligible to file for ROC

5/1/2023     Sent ROC package via USPS

5/4/2023     Package delivered to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

5/9/2023     Received text message confirming receipt, case #IOE....

5/10/2023   Check was cashed

5/11/2023   Case is being actively reviewed

5/15/2023   NOA received in the mail, biometrics reused

Marriage-Based AOS

3/3/2021   Sent application package to Chicago Lockbox

5/25/2021 Biometrics Appointment

7/29/2021 Interview date (Approved on the spot)

8/11/2021 Received Green Card in the mail

Took oath on 5/17, applied for passport on 5/18 (expedite) and received it on 6/9 and then my naturalization certificate a couple days ago. USPS folded the certificate when they tried to jam it into my mailbox but luckily it's not damaged.

GLAD to be done with USCIS forever. Time to return my Indian passport and then get OCI.

I have had my interview Jue 4th, has been recommended for approval however for 17 days my status as Your case submitted for quality review based on the approval recommendation.

Today, I finally received an update on my case that oath ceremony notice was mailed. I was able to see that my oath ceremony date is August 22th. I was honestly hoping for July but this is also fine. I have some outside of the U.S. travel in October so this is the only thing that makes me nervous. :)

Edited by Nastya_7smile

I am happy to be almost done with the USCIS and proving our marriage is real for years :)

Edited by Nastya_7smile

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nastya_7smile said:

I have some outside of the U.S. travel in October so this is the only thing that makes me nervous.

Congratulations!!!  Start looking for an appointment at a US passport acceptance agency or Post Office before you take the oath.  Make the appointment for the day after your oath ceremony.  Pay for expedited processing and expedited shipping.  You should have your passport in a month or less.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

Congratulations!!!  Start looking for an appointment at a US passport acceptance agency or Post Office before you take the oath.  Make the appointment for the day after your oath ceremony.  Pay for expedited processing and expedited shipping.  You should have your passport in a month or less.

Thank you for the advice! Will do!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.