Rearviewmirror

N-400 January 2024 filers

620 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, minivatreni said:

Have you heard back yet? 

Not yet - I’m not expecting anything for at least a few days. I hopefully won’t head to the back of the line for scheduling. 

I thought it was odd though that it was scheduled and canceled so close to each other. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, mattguk said:

Not yet - I’m not expecting anything for at least a few days. I hopefully won’t head to the back of the line for scheduling. 

I thought it was odd though that it was scheduled and canceled so close to each other. 

Sorry that happened to you. I hope you hear back soon!

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 (w/ name change) on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 
  • Interview at Chicago FO on 06/10/2024 
  • Oath Ceremony on 07/15/2024
  • Applied for Expedited US Passport at USPS on 07/15/2024
  • PASSPORT RECEIVED on 07/26/2024 🇺🇸

On 5/2/2024 at 5:25 PM, ayuness said:

It's official! 🙌🏼🇺🇸 Louisville, KY

My timeline:

• 01/13/2024 - Submitted the application. We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice
  • 01/13/3024 - USCIS will run the same security checks and use your biometric data as in the past; however, it is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) for a biometrics appointment. The biometrics fee will not be refunded.
  • 01/13/2024 - Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS. Estimated time* until case decision: approx. 7 months. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you. 
  • 01/31/2024 - Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS. Estimated time* until case decision: approx. 5 months
  • 02/14/2024 - On February 21, 2024, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Estimated time* until case decision: approx. 7 months
  • 04/11/2024 - Interview 
  • 04/11/2024 - We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.
  • 04/11/2024 - Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.
  • 04/12/2024 - Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed
  • 05/02/2024 - Oath Ceremony

IMG_0068.jpeg

Great, congratulations! 

02/08/2019 - Package was received .

19 minutes ago, EMBELL_17 said:

I had my interview today in the Baltimore office. It was virtual and everyone I came into contact with were so lovely!

However, I did not get approved on the spot. I had checked on my N400 form that I had been arrested on 2 occasions but the charges were dropped and automatically expunged. I had ZERO documents to back up the expungement so she said she could not approve. I cried the rest of the interview. She said she would drag her feet and issue an RFI so I had ample time to get the expungement records I needed. 

the interview questions she asked were:

1. During the Cold War, what was the main concern of the U.S.?

2. What are the 2 major political parties?

3. What is the political party of the current president?

4. What is the capital of your state?

I forget the other 2. 

I had to read “what do you pay to the government?” And had to write on a tablet “we pay taxes.”

The officer was so lovely. She gave me a pep talk about endurance. Made it clear she wanted to approve me but just needed those documents. I got my paper saying no decision could be made and was sent on my way. 

I spent the next 4 hours driving to the courthouse and calling our central repository and uploaded the documents before I even got the RFI. 

WHILE WRITING THIS POST, I got a call from the officer telling me I was approved and I didn’t even need the documents!!!!! God is so good!!

she said I will get a letter in the mail with my oath ceremony details. 

Praise be to God - through Him all things are possible! 

wishing everyone the utmost success in their journey going forward. 

Congratulations!!!

Timeline
36 minutes ago, EMBELL_17 said:

I had my interview today in the Baltimore office. It was virtual and everyone I came into contact with were so lovely!

However, I did not get approved on the spot. I had checked on my N400 form that I had been arrested on 2 occasions but the charges were dropped and automatically expunged. I had ZERO documents to back up the expungement so she said she could not approve. I cried the rest of the interview. She said she would drag her feet and issue an RFI so I had ample time to get the expungement records I needed. 

I forget the other 2. 

I had to read “what do you pay to the government?” And had to write on a tablet “we pay taxes.”

The officer was so lovely. She gave me a pep talk about endurance. Made it clear she wanted to approve me but just needed those documents. I got my paper saying no decision could be made and was sent on my way. 

I spent the next 4 hours driving to the courthouse and calling our central repository and uploaded the documents before I even got the RFI. 

WHILE WRITING THIS POST, I got a call from the officer telling me I was approved and I didn’t even need the documents!!!!! God is so good!!

Congrats! 🎉 didn’t know they did virtual interviews haha 

Just now, minivatreni said:

Congrats! 🎉 didn’t know they did virtual interviews haha 

Oops. Virtual meaning I was taken to an office in the back and the officer who conducted the interview was on the screen. It was just me, the screen and a tablet in the little office at the USCIS office. I was not allowed to bring anyone back with me. 

Became a citizen 6/2024. Now filing for my mother.

Timeline
Just now, EMBELL_17 said:

Oops. Virtual meaning I was taken to an office in the back and the officer who conducted the interview was on the screen. It was just me, the screen and a tablet in the little office at the USCIS office. I was not allowed to bring anyone back with me. 

I figured, but I had no idea they even did that haha! 

42 minutes ago, EMBELL_17 said:

I forget the other 2. 

Congratulations :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
18 hours ago, EMBELL_17 said:

I forget the other 2. 

What a rollercoaster ride. So glad it all worked out for you 😊

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
17 hours ago, minivatreni said:

I figured, but I had no idea they even did that haha! 

I remember hearing about it a lot when they reopened after the covid shutdowns. I guess they still use it to accommodate employees who may have certain health conditions or family members with such.

Scheduled oath for June 14, which is a special ceremony at the St Louis Arch 🎉

I requested that my oath to be scheduled mid to late June if possible due to surgery and the officer did put me in the right pile for it, extremely thankful for that. I will be recovered and got a nice special ceremony. The end is near everyone!

event.png

N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400

Apr 11, 2024 - Combo interview - approved N-400

May 1, 2024 - Approved ROC, received 10 GC on May 20.

May 7, 2024 - Oath scheduled for June 14 (requested later ceremony at interview)

June 14, 2024 - Special Flag Day Oath ceremony - I'm a citizen!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.