mikejacob141

Interview question Spouse interview

16 posts in this topic

hey guys I have a quick question . I don’t want my spouse sounding like she’s only going  to US for a job and that’s not true. 

so here are my question 

if my wife is ask what is she intended to do once she enters the U.S.?  she was going to tell them once she enters she will look for a job so she can contribute to our relationship.

is this fine ? 

also if  she planning to work she  will say same answer .

if she plans to study 

she was going to tell them at the moment no but in the future possibly once she’s settle .

is these fine ?

your feedback is gratefully appreciated 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Having entered on an Immigrant Visa she can work or not, study or not, any of those options are fine.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Isn't she coming to reunite with you? I'd think that's the main reason why she's immigranting into the US?

she is but if that ask are you planning on working i am assuming that’s yes ?

but if ask what is she intended to do once she enters the U.S.? would you say my main goal is to be with my husband but will also look for work to help my hubby ?

4 hours ago, mikejacob141 said:

she is but if that ask are you planning on working i am assuming that’s yes ?

but if ask what is she intended to do once she enters the U.S.? would you say my main goal is to be with my husband but will also look for work to help my hubby ?

She can say and should say the truth. If she thinks she's gonna study and then work or both simultaneously, there's nothing wrong with that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

she can even be a stay at home housewife 

whatever the 2 of u have discussed for your future

this question is not usually asked unless it is  a high fraud country to a man with no job experience and little education and the CO is looking to see if the immigrant is using the USC 

She just needs to tell the truth of course. It sounds like you think it would be a bad thing if she tells them that she wants to work, why would you think that? 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, mikejacob141 said:

you not going to believe this ? my atty told me that 🤦 i know wrong advice 

When dealing with Immigration, honesty is 100% the best policy.  Act like a criminal, be treated like one.  Be honest, and everything will go smoothly.  If she's coming to reunite with you and work and study, then be honest that that's what she's going to do.  

Why did your family tell you guys to lie about it?  That's what I don't understand. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

4 minutes ago, mam521 said:

When dealing with Immigration, honesty is 100% the best policy.  Act like a criminal, be treated like one.  Be honest, and everything will go smoothly.  If she's coming to reunite with you and work and study, then be honest that that's what she's going to do.  

Why did your family tell you guys to lie about it?  That's what I don't understand. 

no family told us this where you getting that ?

i said the attorney told us that 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, mikejacob141 said:

no family told us this where you getting that ?

i said the attorney told us that 

Sorry, the attorney.  Even worse!!!  Fire the attorney!  Clearly just trying to set you up for failure to get more money out of you. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Just now, mam521 said:

Sorry, the attorney.  Even worse!!!  Fire the attorney!  Clearly just trying to set you up for failure to get more money out of you. 

my  wife  is going to be honest and just telling them  his intend is to be with me then eventually he will work as a teacher . 

her interview is 12/22

I honestly believe that you overthinking this whole thing.  If the two of you got married and love each other and you have provided all the documentation that they have requested, then any question that they may ask is really not to be rehearsed and answered from the heart.  I have to believe that the reason why your spouse wants to be in the US is to be with her spouse and all else is secondary.  Obviously your spouse wants to work, stay home, study or whatever the answer should be what it is and not rehearsed.  My spouse went to the interview and we did not study or rehearse anything, they asked a whole of 3 questions and said congratulations your visa is approved and that was that, all in all less than 5 minutes at the window with the Embassy official.    

1 hour ago, mikejacob141 said:

you not going to believe this ? my atty told me that 🤦 i know wrong advice 

I honestly don’t understand why your lawyer would say that. Did they provide any additional info on why she shouldn’t mention it? I assume you have a bonafide marriage and she will move to the US on a CR1 or IR1 which allows her to work immediately. Unless this marriage is not bonafide and only exists so she can get a greencard, I see no issues.

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.