bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from CSC for your I-129F?

5,037 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Valentines Week turned out to be a real downer at CSC :wacko: It would truly be nice to see all the July and longer filings get approved. I really feel for everyone that has been waiting for that long. When I fist joined this site back in October it seemed like the wait was about 4 months , 2 or 3 weeks till the NOA - 2 was issued. It is frustrating to see everyone that has waited sooooo long and to realize that the process is not really improving. While there is really little or nothing that can be done to make the situation better, its nice to know that none of us are alone. It is also great that Igor and STP have made the lists for us all. Its really great and it is also nice to read the some of your posts. We do have a lot of talented comedians here :)

Lets hope that this coming week will be better despite the government holiday !

All the best and may the approvals be plentiful !

June 2006-Became acquainted

September 8th - 15th 2007 - met in person in Vladivostok

October 15th, 2007 - Mailed I-129 to CSC

October 24th, 2007 - NOA-1

February 29th, 2008 called CSC - Was told case was assigned to an officer on February 27th

March 4, 2008 - NOA -2

May 28, 2008 - Interview - SUCCESS APPROVED !

June 6th - Planned arrival in Detroit Via Northwest Airlines

June 12th - Marriage

December 1, 2008. AOS interview. APPROVED !

January 2009 - green cards received !

May 2009 so far so good !

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Agreed with everything that Chris says above. "We are the chorus, and we agree. We agree, we agree, we agree, si man."

Today (Sunday) is the ninth consecutive day with no word from the fiancee -- no e-mail, no call, no nuthin'. I know that she was not dead as of Feb. 15, because Yahoo sent an automatic courtesy acknowledgment that my V.D. e-card (that's VALENTINE'S DAY, you of evil minds) had been picked up, presumably by her. That card was even in Spanish, si man.

In the absence of further information, I am optimistically relying on the last known correspondence from her (Feb. 7-8 vintage), in which she stated that she would be beastly busy with her business activities during February (I believe this). Perhaps she does not have time to share her daily activities by e-mail, and perhaps she would prefer not to write at all rather than send one-liners of "I'm really busy and have no time to write."

Still: [1.] The silence is unprecedented and awfully weird. I have almost even given up worrying about her (not really). [b.] How long will it last, and how long should I put up with it? I'm still willing to love her with all my heart if she has any interest at all, but selfish thoughts have crept into my mind of telling her "either show me the slightest attention or enjoy your new life... and, by the way, return your engagement ring and the bought-in-advance wedding ring at your expense." However, blindsiding her with this would probably draw a (very reasonable) response of "well, you couldn't visit me for months, so I had to get involved in something else, and this is it -- and I'm intentionally beastly busy now so that I can give you 100% for your visit in March." [iII.] Mama T-Bone says that NOT wanting to share your life and daily activities with your S.O. is not love. There may be something to this; because of her silence, my e-mails to her have dropped to one every day-&-a-half or so, and I'm sticking to the high points only out of respect for her busy-ness. But, although it stinks not to have anyone to tell anything to, I'll keep it up.

The conflicting surmisings are: On the one hand, she DID clearly tell me that she would be very busy, and she included a few major details thereof. On the other, she never clearly indicated that she would completely drop out of touch. I am hesitant to question her about the latter if indeed she's killing herself now to have time for me in March. I do perceive that she is acting like every North American career woman whom I've ever met (job first, man second), but maybe this is "job first for now, man first thereafter." I do not want to force her to give up something (her business) that she is genuinely gaining from personally and financially. (She undertook this as an outgrowth of my having unfairly criticized her in November for staying in lousy, pay-nothing jobs where she was abused, and for not saving anything toward the eventual marriage -- duh, T-B., duh duh duh. That hurt her greatly at the time, and I realized what a mistake it was.)

I believe that she would have told me something if she had changed her mind about my visit or our relationship; she's always wanted to talk about such matters before, si man. My inclination is to keep informing her of my doings and to add a comment of "I'm feeling a little left out -- whussup?"

So: Be patient until she comes up for air, and keep waiting? If so, for how long? Other? Si, man?

Apologies for rambling and dumping, but you are all my amigos/amigas here, si man, and maybe contributing on this issue will help keep your minds off the infernal wait for CSC, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Agreed with everything that Chris says above. "We are the chorus, and we agree. We agree, we agree, we agree, si man."

Today (Sunday) is the ninth consecutive day with no word from the fiancee -- no e-mail, no call, no nuthin'. I know that she was not dead as of Feb. 15, because Yahoo sent an automatic courtesy acknowledgment that my V.D. e-card (that's VALENTINE'S DAY, you of evil minds) had been picked up, presumably by her. That card was even in Spanish, si man.

In the absence of further information, I am optimistically relying on the last known correspondence from her (Feb. 7-8 vintage), in which she stated that she would be beastly busy with her business activities during February (I believe this). Perhaps she does not have time to share her daily activities by e-mail, and perhaps she would prefer not to write at all rather than send one-liners of "I'm really busy and have no time to write."

Still: [1.] The silence is unprecedented and awfully weird. I have almost even given up worrying about her (not really). [b.] How long will it last, and how long should I put up with it? I'm still willing to love her with all my heart if she has any interest at all, but selfish thoughts have crept into my mind of telling her "either show me the slightest attention or enjoy your new life... and, by the way, return your engagement ring and the bought-in-advance wedding ring at your expense." However, blindsiding her with this would probably draw a (very reasonable) response of "well, you couldn't visit me for months, so I had to get involved in something else, and this is it -- and I'm intentionally beastly busy now so that I can give you 100% for your visit in March." [iII.] Mama T-Bone says that NOT wanting to share your life and daily activities with your S.O. is not love. There may be something to this; because of her silence, my e-mails to her have dropped to one every day-&-a-half or so, and I'm sticking to the high points only out of respect for her busy-ness. But, although it stinks not to have anyone to tell anything to, I'll keep it up.

The conflicting surmisings are: On the one hand, she DID clearly tell me that she would be very busy, and she included a few major details thereof. On the other, she never clearly indicated that she would completely drop out of touch. I am hesitant to question her about the latter if indeed she's killing herself now to have time for me in March. I do perceive that she is acting like every North American career woman whom I've ever met (job first, man second), but maybe this is "job first for now, man first thereafter." I do not want to force her to give up something (her business) that she is genuinely gaining from personally and financially. (She undertook this as an outgrowth of my having unfairly criticized her in November for staying in lousy, pay-nothing jobs where she was abused, and for not saving anything toward the eventual marriage -- duh, T-B., duh duh duh. That hurt her greatly at the time, and I realized what a mistake it was.)

I believe that she would have told me something if she had changed her mind about my visit or our relationship; she's always wanted to talk about such matters before, si man. My inclination is to keep informing her of my doings and to add a comment of "I'm feeling a little left out -- whussup?"

So: Be patient until she comes up for air, and keep waiting? If so, for how long? Other? Si, man?

Apologies for rambling and dumping, but you are all my amigos/amigas here, si man, and maybe contributing on this issue will help keep your minds off the infernal wait for CSC, si man.

i read ur post a few times to see if i really could understand what you wrote... lol my english is not so great sorry....sounds like Latin pride got hit anyways i would not worry she is working she is trying to show u that she can safe for the marriage......and that she can have a job that goes someplace....try telling her what a great job she is doing and how proud u r of her

i dont know about Latins from that area but most of us if we dont want someone we have no problem telling them we are finished......i think its all ok not to worry...... :) :)

Timeline
i read ur post a few times to see if i really could understand what you wrote... lol my english is not so great sorry....sounds like Latin pride got hit anyways i would not worry she is working she is trying to show u that she can safe for the marriage......and that she can have a job that goes someplace....try telling her what a great job she is doing and how proud u r of her

i dont know about Latins from that area but most of us if we dont want someone we have no problem telling them we are finished......i think its all ok not to worry...... :) :)

I apologize for the heavy language and disorganization -- believe me, a native speaker of English would have trouble with it, si man! Part of me believes that you are right -- I really did hurt her in November, and I forgot the cardinal rule, which is this: There are two things that one must never do to a Latina -- yell at her or criticize her. I will continue to respect her. In the meantime, though, it is hard. Gracias!

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

TB, I'm in Denver visiting with the kids, so very little time myself to write. However I'll just throw in my $0.02: someone who has time to read your Valentine's card has time to drop a quick note saying "I'm alive, hope you are well." I wouldn't get in her face about it, but I would drop a quick line saying that you have been thinking of her and hoping everything is ok, and to please drop a quick email just confirming all is well. No need to stir things up before your trip, but I think it's a good idea to keep making efforts. This is all presuming of course that you still want to salvage the relationship, which I think you do.

Good luck!

Timeline
TB, I'm in Denver visiting with the kids [...] Good luck!

Good idea, si man... and isn't this Happy Birthday for Somebody?

Timeline
Yep, Aly!

Gratzies to Aly on her (no more than) 29th b'day, si man!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Yep, Aly!

Gratzies to Aly on her (no more than) 29th b'day, si man!

:dance::dance: Congratulations Aly!!! :dance::dance:

Check my always up to date List of I-129F filers waiting for NOA2s. Now with some statistics. The data is from the VJ.com timelines.

I-129F Timeline

06/Aug/2007 I-129F sent to CSC, 24/Jan/2008 NOA2 171 days, 27/Feb/2008 Interview, 05/Mar/2008 Arrived together to US; POE SFO, 13/Mar/2008 Married!

10/May/2008 Our daughter Sophia was born, weighing in at 3.895kg (8lb 9.4oz) and 53.5 cm long (21.06").

AOS Timeline

01/Jul/2008 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP docs, 08/Jul/2008 NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130, 29/Jul/2008 Biometrics, 22/Oct/2008 AOS interview, 04/Nov/2008 Green card received!

Igor/Игорь 3dflags_usa0001-0002a.gif & 3dflags_rus0001-0002a.gif Элина/Elina

Timeline

This is the quietest day that this thread has ever had, si man.

To liven things up (or to deaden them further by over-glazing your eyes), I reviewed the last messages from the fiancee, and here is one from Feb. 5 (remember that I am "Loco" and she is "Loca"):

HOLA LOCO:

What about if you come on March you will have time to plan the trip and I will have time to receive you...because next week I was planning to go to Macas to see if I can make some business there and I will be very bussy in Febrary and I planned to make a lot things this month and I will have another test from my University at the end on February so will be easy for me and better to receive you on March and we can celebrate my birthday on 15th........do you like the idea?????..

---

(I responded "si, man.") Her next was to thank me (and rave briefly) about the contents of her DHL, and then to suggest excitedly that we spend my entire visit in Guayaquil without visiting her current city of residence (Cuenca). I wrote back that I was really hoping to see Cuenca, too, but I wrote later that day (Feb. 8) to say that her plan was fine after all. I have not heard from her since. Because the "locale" discussion was certainly nothing to precipitate a break-up, I must conclude (lonely though it has been) that she is swamped and focusing on what she said, above. Anyone who disagrees with "si, man" should pipe up. Thanks. And now, let's hope for some CDC (California Disservice Center) approvals to get this thread rockin' again, si man!

Hope you get in touch with her TB. In any case you're less than a month away from your visit, so hopefully all shall be revealed very soon. Best of luck to you!

I've been scarce because I've been in Denver visiting the kids. Just got back this evening. Had a great trip, and Nadya talked with my daughter for the very first time so that was pretty cool.

Hopefully CSC will be back to work tomorrow. The foundations of my previously unshakable patience are starting to crack.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

MOX ???

My SO who is USC was given my alien number when he called CSC on Friday...is that good sign?? i never read of anyone being given one before NOA2

(F)

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

MOX ???

My SO who is USC was given my alien number when he called CSC on Friday...is that good sign?? i never read of anyone being given one before NOA2

(F)

Huh. That's pretty strange. I've not heard of that either. Perhaps someone with a little more experience can shed some light on that.

Hope you get in touch with her TB. In any case you're less than a month away from your visit, so hopefully all shall be revealed very soon. Best of luck to you!

I've been scarce because I've been in Denver visiting the kids. Just got back this evening. Had a great trip, and Nadya talked with my daughter for the very first time so that was pretty cool.

Hopefully CSC will be back to work tomorrow. The foundations of my previously unshakable patience are starting to crack.

That could be understandable Mox.. but pls do keep that remarkable patience intact longer coz a lot of people are drawing strength from that "unshakable patience" of yours... you've been doing a great job lifting the spirits of a lot of people here. KUDOS to you MOX! :thumbs:

You're NOA2 will soon come and when it does, it will be as sweet as sweet can be. :thumbs:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

This is the quietest day that this thread has ever had, si man.

To liven things up (or to deaden them further by over-glazing your eyes), I reviewed the last messages from the fiancee, and here is one from Feb. 5 (remember that I am "Loco" and she is "Loca"):

HOLA LOCO:

What about if you come on March you will have time to plan the trip and I will have time to receive you...because next week I was planning to go to Macas to see if I can make some business there and I will be very bussy in Febrary and I planned to make a lot things this month and I will have another test from my University at the end on February so will be easy for me and better to receive you on March and we can celebrate my birthday on 15th........do you like the idea?????..

---

(I responded "si, man.") Her next was to thank me (and rave briefly) about the contents of her DHL, and then to suggest excitedly that we spend my entire visit in Guayaquil without visiting her current city of residence (Cuenca). I wrote back that I was really hoping to see Cuenca, too, but I wrote later that day (Feb. 8) to say that her plan was fine after all. I have not heard from her since. Because the "locale" discussion was certainly nothing to precipitate a break-up, I must conclude (lonely though it has been) that she is swamped and focusing on what she said, above. Anyone who disagrees with "si, man" should pipe up. Thanks. And now, let's hope for some CDC (California Disservice Center) approvals to get this thread rockin' again, si man!

Is there no way that you can call her.. as in really tall with her on the phone?

You are probably besieged now by negative thoughts and feelings, just hang in there and keep your love for her burning by thinking of all the things you love about her and all the happy moments you have spent with her... it is great that you continue to keep in touch with her in spite of her silence. in 2weeks time it will be march already and you will be visiting her... there you will find out what's the deal with her silence. I hope everything will turn out right for the two of you.

i wish you all the best. God bless you always.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.